Classes take place both at the colonial city of Granada and in Masatepe, at an impressive eco-tourist farm surrounded by outstanding views of a lake and an active volcano.
Our package includes:
- Individual conversational and practical
- Tours of rural and urban communities
- Opportunities to discuss and learn about
Nicaragua's history and politics
- Cross-country excursions
- Several accommodation options including
family home stay, hostel and hotel
Spanish Language Course Plan:
- Intensive 35 hours/week of directed activities, plus the opportunity to participate in cultural events or community work. When lodging with local families or our partner hotel, we guarantee that you will increase your chances to practice the language and get a deeper taste of our culture
- Morning session: 4 hours of personal instruction
- Afternoon: 3 hours of real life language practice during excursions to points of interest such as museums, or during participation in any of our social programs or volunteer work.
Spanish Language Study Plan: At the farm, lessons focus more on simple vocabulary related to organic farming and production processes in Nicaragua. Tours of the farm and surrounding areas are organized by a local guide and farm workers.
Topics practiced in the country and farm areas: Café plantation and processing, fruit wines, raising and caring of animal farms, traditional cuisine and cooking lessons, history and archeology.
Qualification of teachers: Our instructors are university graduates or university students with additional training in teaching Spanish as a Second Language. And the school principal instructor holds a university degree in education. We offer quality immersion in the Spanish language for very economic budget. Spanish lessons are dynamic, easy, effective and fun. Take Spanish lessons in Granada and while here, enjoy the history and architecture of the city. Do not miss a class at the lake and see the numerous islands.
You will have the chance to spend one week at each location:
- First week: Granada, learning focused on the city lifestyle
- Second week: Flor de Pochote, hands on learning and introduction to the rural life.
The school guest house provides comfortable stay and the staff is now trained to participate in faster your learning language process. The staff will share with you cooking and dance lessons, at no cost.
It is a great deal for some learners, you will have your privacy, your own space and your own schedule.
Staying with a Nicaraguan family for an entire week with 3 meals
per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is another option! The student can choose between living with a family (which is highly recommended for those seeking a faster learning process) or commercial accommodations in a hotel. Notice that some families have rules regarding companions and evenings go-outs.
Living with a family: Our has an agreement with each family that participates in the program regarding conditions of accommodation and living together with students. The cost of family accommodation is per week. Home stay is available with any of our programs.
- Standard accommodation for one week with a family or school hostel
- 3 main meals daily
- Necessary transportation between schools (from 1 to 3 hours ride) and trips to sites for practice (from 5 to 60 minutes ride)
+ The Spanish lessons program and practice: over 25 hours per week
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2008
Client Request Served: 0
M18263 provides options for language training and opportunities to volunteers. To assist students in quickly and efficiently establishing a firm foundation Spanish, our immersion programs help students to communicate effectively and introduce them to Nicaraguan social and cultural life. The school operates its own...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Central America and Caribbean
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: