Our school offers different study programs tailored to fit your needs, study level, hours available for study, and schedule. Oaxaca International not only offers classes for young and mature students--children are also welcome. For children we offer a special and entertaining educational program that includes activities such as workshops for making typical Oaxacan wooden toys and piñatas, as well as field trips to local interesting places.
Group classes usually begin at nine in the morning. For those who want to study in the afternoon, they begin at four in the afternoon. Our school has flexible schedules for those students with special needs.
- Basic Course: With workshop included (please see the description in the workshop section): this course focuses upon the needs of students who do not have a lot of time to study, but who want to learn vocabulary necessary for their requirements.
For example, we teach travelers how to place an order in a restaurant, make a reservation in a hotel, buy an airplane or bus ticket, shop, ask for information about a specific places (bathroom, bank, etc.), and even how to visit a doctor. This course is fifteen hours per week and usually lasts three hours per day. The hours can be tailored to fit your requirements. The cost is US$105 per week: Monday through Friday.
- Communicative Course: With workshop included: here students learn grammar and conversation (we can arrange for you to study only grammar or conversation). In this course we include literary themes selected from world-class writers such as Gabriel Garcia Márquez, Pablo Neruda, etcetera. We will also expose you to well known contemporary writers such as Isabel Allende, Carlos Fuentes, Juan Rulfo, Cristina Pacheco, and others.
We sketch their biography and important works. If you choose you may read some of their works with the assistance of your teacher. This conversation course is held twenty hours per week and generally is held for four hours per day. This schedule can be varied to meet your specific needs. You have the option of studying on Saturday if special needs exist. The cost is US $140 per week (20 hours): Monday through Friday.
- Super Communicative Course: With workshop included: in this course students also study grammar and conversation, but have the option of focusing on subjects that are most pertinent to them. This course also is designed to include the selected literary topics found in the basic conversation course.
This course is held thirty hours per week and is generally held for six hours per day: Monday through Friday. Here again, you have the option of studying on Saturday. As this course is more intensive and has a broader scope, the student has the option of choosing the topics that they want to study and to choose the literature that they want to cover. The cost is US $210 per week (30 hours): Monday through Friday.
- Spanish for Children: In our school we want children to have a fun and dynamic learning experience, that is why we offer various activities like making piñatas, songs, books, walks, board games, and workshops. As a special activity for the children:
* Interchange with Mexican children;
* Painting over natural cotton textile;
* Making piñatas;
* And more.
- Private Sessions: Our school also offers private sessions. Choose the subject, the number of hours, and schedule that you want, or you can mix some hours in a group class and receive private tutoring. Private session cost US$ 12 per hour.
- Promotional Packages: Promotional packages throughout the year. 80 hours (per month) of Spanish classes including:
* Grammar and conversation;
* Literature studies;
* Ceramic workshops;
* Tortilla and textile workshops;
* Cultural conferences;
* Walkings trips;
* Participation in our Traditional celebrations;
* Lodging for 4 (four) weeks with a family including a private room, bathroom, breakfast and lunch.
Monthly Package - US $1090; Two Month Package - US $2,140; Three Month Package - US $3,100.
- Special Programs for Professionals: Our Language School offers language programs for the professionals in the following fields:
- Dental & Medical;
- Criminal Justice;
- Public safety;
- Business & Commerce;
- Voluntary work.
* Experience living with an Oaxacan family: Our school invites you to experience living with a familia oaxaqueña. We think that students should not only benefit from the additional practice that they get from living with a local family, but they also make new friends and feel like they are at home here in Oaxaca.
The families we recommend are selected for their hospitality, experience, and their warm affection toward their boarders. All of the host families offer different, yet similar living situations: rooms, meals, and meeting the special needs of students.
For example, if you are a vegetarian, we have the correct family for you. If you prefer to be the only student in the house, that is also possible. On our course Registration form students can fill in their special requirements and in this way we can select a suitable family to fit your needs.
- Private room and breakfast included US$112 per week;
- Private room, breakfast and lunch included US$ 147 per week;
- Private room, breakfast, lunch and dinner included US$ 175 per week.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend