Our aim is to provide a perfect study environment for our students. Our primary focus is Academic Excellence. Therefore, we only hire teachers who have a university degree and between 2 and 6 years teaching experience.
Classes are offered year-round except on major Mexican holidays. We provide free placement exams to guarantee that students are placed exactly at the level they are at. We offer its classes now in a beautiful, colonial building, only a couple yards away from the Jardin de la Union.
We have very affordable rates and offer you various housing options. The Casa Mexicana still serves as our hostel and students can rent rooms with private or shared bathroom only about two walking minutes away from the school.
* Why should you choose our school?
- We offer the biggest variety of different grammar and conversation classes for all beginning, intermediate and advanced students;
- We also teach interesting history, culture, literature, politics, cooking and dance classes;
- Personalized instruction and small class sizes;
- Highly experienced instructors who have a university degree;
- Intensive Spanish conversation classes for travelers;
- You can start every Monday throughout the year, exceptions possible;
- Free cultural activities, intercambios with Mexican students, movie nights and guided tours ;
- Beautiful environment and family atmosphere;
- Economical prices;
- Lodging at the Casa Mexicana or with local families;
- A summer program for English-speaking children.
* Our language programs:
- Standard Spanish Language Program: As part of a larger process of Spanish training, only one week is required to begin speaking Spanish. We offer Spanish language training for every level, from beginners to advanced students.
Our placement exam will help you to find out at which level or sublevel you are. Start at the beginner’s level and finish in the advanced level classes. Programs are available from as short as one week to up to three months. Begin anytime at any level.
We recommend to take between three and five classes per day. Each class has a maximum of five students (private classes are also available). The following courses are available: 20 different grammar courses, structured conversation courses, culture, literature, legends, politics, mexican history, business culture, mexican cooking, and dance.
- Intensive Spanish for Travelers: An intensive course designed to last one or two weeks. This course will equip you with a strong set of survival skills. Recommended for beginners, intermediate and advanced students.
Ideal for people that need to learn to communicate in specific contexts (restaurants, hotels, bus stations) and for people who need to expand their ability to understand Spanish and express themselves in Spanish (four hours per day, one on one classes or classes of at most three students).
- Plus Program: A Spanish language and cultural immersion course to optimize the learning of Spanish. The Plus is designed to include 5 hours of one-on-one classes plus an hour in a group daily. It runs for 3 intensive weeks and students at any level are welcome to join this program.
- Trimester Program: Our Trimester program starts three times a year. You can begin in January, April or September. Each program runs for 12 weeks. The Trimester Program is offered for students who are looking for long term instruction in Guanajuato for an economical price.
You can take this program on three different levels. The day of your arrival we will give you a placement exam to determine your level. Each day you will receive three hours of instruction. Below you will find an example of how your schedule could be structured.
- Children’s Program: Available from one week to three months; Classes are divided by age: 2 to 5 years old in a kinder garden style playful atmosphere, or 6 to 9 years old and 10 to 12 year old; Classes for two to four hours per day. They incorporate language and cultural elements.
We hope to see you soon at our school!
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend