Either cooking for a large gathering or an impromptu poolside lunch, the approach was always the same. Traditional dishes with regional ingredients replaced formal ones and Mamma Agata always remembered her guest’s favorites.
Mamma Agata has a vast experience in traditional southern Italian cuisine. Her life experience includes cooking for both Italian Heads of State and American celebrities that frequented Ravello in the 1950's and 60's, such as Elizabeth Taylor and Jacqueline Kennedy and many others. She has been a private chef for international journalists, writers and politicians such as Susanna Agnelli.
Her extraordinary gift for home style cooking with regional ingredients comes across in everything she prepares. This is a "demonstration" cooking course where you will learn about the natural ingredients used, which are fresh picked the very same morning of each class. The Italian garden is located below the terrace, so each participant can also learn about growing the organic vegetables. On the same level is a small farm with free-range chickens, turkeys and rabbits.
Traditional dishes will include antipasti, pastas, breads, seasonal vegetable dishes as well as meat dishes. Last but not least are the cakes and marmalades! All the recipes will be clearly demonstrated in a warm and relaxed atmosphere. After the class, participants share in the beautiful meal, and enjoy the local wines of the Amalfi region. In a land where limoncello is famous, Mamma Agata also prepares liquors made from tangerine, apricot and fennel.
The experience of the course will enable you to cook for your family, organize and dinners at home with a rustic Italian flavor. Above all, it will furnish the knowledge of natural Mediterranean diet which is one of the healthiest in the world.
* Wine tasting: The wines will be served with typical cheese and salami of the region and combined with wines and helped with honey and balsamic veniger. Gennaro will be your sommelier for the event and he will show you 3 different wines of the region, 1 white, 2 red and a wine for the cheese and cake.
At the end of the wine tasting you could also have dinner with Mamma Agata but please this also has to be booked in advance. The course will start at h 06.30 P.M. to h 09.30 P.M. and the rate is Euro 100 per person, all included.
* Romantic diner: For a truly different experience, you can have a private, romantic dinner prepared by Mamma Agata on the breathtaking terrace. The space is high above the Amalfi Coast, with a view of the cliffside of Ravello, ending at the sea. The evening starts with a glass of Prosecco on the terrace of Mamma Agata and will follow an exquisite dinner by candlelight, prepared with the flair of Italian style, with beautiful linens and classic service. A special night truly to remember!
Gennaro will be your sommelier for the event. He will demonstrate and explain the nuances of different traditional types of wine from the Amalfi Coast region, white and reds. Dessert wines and grappa will also be explored. Salvatore will be your personal maitre and will demonstrate discrete and impeccable service. Chiara will be your hostess for the event and will make sure that any wish you may have will be granted a truly wonderful, unforgettable experience!
* Other events: For an exciting and different epicurean experience, we suggest holding your event here on the terrace of Mamma Agata! We have held all different types of meals, from a private dinner for two to a buffet for twenty.
- Romantic Dinners: Perfect for honeymooners!
- Anniversary Dinners;
- Special Birthdays;
- Buffet Picnics;
- Wedding Rehearsal Dinners;
- Private Parties.
All events can be tailored specifically to your needs, and orchestrated by: Mamma Agata, your private chef for one night, she will personally decide with you the perfect type of dinner you may wish to have. No detail goes unnoticed, and will do her best for a menu to delight your palate.
Chiara, Director of Mamma Agata's farmhouse, will be your hostess for the event and with her experience and knowledge in the hotel industry for more than 15 years, will answer all of your curiosities regarding the Amalfi Coast and possible cultural, leisure or shopping trips you would like to do!
Gennaro will be your sommelier for the event. He will demonstrate and explain the nuances of different traditional types of wine from the Amalfi Coast region, white and reds. Dessert wines and grappa will also be explored. Salvatore will be your personal maitre and he will be sure that the service will be impeccable and as discrete as possible for your very special and private dinner experience.