Exeter is the ideal place to study English and has been voted Number 1 in England for quality of life. Exeter Academy is a small (max 60 adult students) school, accredited by the British Council. It offers all year group courses (max 12 students per class) and Executive courses of private tuition. Cambridge and IELTS exams can be taken (the school has a very high pass rate). The unique "multi-skill" teaching program ensures each student can study the various language skills at their own individual level.
*Listed below are some courses offered at our Academy. The prices are split up into four:
- General English, Summer & Examination Courses;
- Combination Courses;
- One-To-One Courses;
- Early Bird Courses.
Students can choose any course length (including Examination Courses) and can start on any Monday except from 18th December to 4th Jan (Christmas holidays) and on national holidays: March 25th, March 28th, May 2nd, May 30th and 29th August.
This autumn (05.09.05 - 16.12.05) we offer:
- General English & Examination Courses: 2-4 weeks: £185; 5+ weeks: £169;
- Accommodation (Host Family Per Week) - £96. Accommodation fees (Standard Host Family) include single room with English family, all families are within easy reach of the school, all families are inspected by the welfare officer, breakfast, packed lunch and dinner on weekdays and all meals at weekends.
* Students can choose any course length and can start on any Monday except for Christmas holidays and on national holidays.
- Group Courses;
- Combination Courses;
- Executive/Private Courses.
Group Courses consist of 21 hours tuition per week. Maximum of 12 students per class, average 8. All levels of English from Elementary to Advanced. Start on any Monday.
- Winter (02/01/06 - 03/03/06): 2 - 4 weeks - £172 per week; 5+ weeks - £155 per week;
- Spring (06/03/03 - 23/06/06): 2 - 4 weeks - £190 per week; 5+ weeks - £174 per week;
- Summer (26/06/06 - 01/09/06): 2 - 4 weeks - £232 per week; 5+ weeks - £209 per week;
- Autumn (04/09/06 - 22/12/06): 2 - 4 weeks - £190 per week; 5+ weeks - £174 per week.
Combination Courses (a combination of private tuition and group tuition):
- Course (21 group hours, 3 private hours): £340 - £412 per week (summer price);
- Course (21 group hours, 6 private hours): £490 - £592 per week (summer price);
- Course (21 group hours, 9 private hours): £640 - £772 per week (summer price);
- Early Bird Course (21 hours, 5 hours): £440 - £532 per week (summer price).
* Private/Executive Courses: Courses specifically designed for the individual learner. All subject matter directly connected with the professional/personal language needs of the individual student - subjects can include General English, Business, Legal, Tourism, Literature, Medical, Political specialist staff available at all times.
- Courses (15 private hours): £750 - £900 per week (summer price);
- Courses (21 private hours): £1050 - £1260 per week (summer price);
- Courses (30 private hours): £1500 - £1800 per week (summer price).
For Intensive, Business, ESP and EAP students we recommend One-To-One or Combination courses. These courses and our special Multi Level Teaching System make your learning experience better and faster.
* Accommodation: At our Academy, we recommend our students take advantage of our Accommodation Service. Staying with one of our Academy's host family is a great opportunity to learn more about our culture and also practice more English!
All our host families are chosen and inspected by Maggie Saunders, our full time accommodation officer. She ensures that all families meet our high standards of friendliness and hospitality. You will be treated as one of the family! We will also ensure that your personal requirements (allergy, children, pets, diet or smoking) will be met - you can specify your requirements when you enroll.
We are pleased to offer three grades of accommodation; All include all meals (packed lunch Monday-Friday, to eat in school), and all families are within walking distance of the school.
- Standard - £100 per week except for July and August at £105 per week. This option is our most popular choice, and includes the following benefits; Single room (some families can also provide double or twin bedded rooms for couples). You will normally be the only foreign student staying with the family, but if there were another student, he or she would not share your mother tongue. Full board. Walking distance from school. All bed linen and towels provided. Light laundry included;
- Standard Plus - £137 per week all year. Includes all the benefits of Standard, with the additional attraction of being in a 2 bathroom house;
- Executive - £175 per week all year. Normally only available to students following courses of private lessons (although may be also available to group course students, depending on demand), includes all the above advantages, plus a private bathroom.
* Here are some possibilities to reach our academy:
- Exeter Airport - Our local airport is only 20 minutes from our school. There are regular flights from Paris and Spanish airports, so a transfer from your country is simple;
- Bristol Airport - 60 minutes away, with many international flights, and a regular bus/train service to Exeter;
- London Heathrow - The biggest airport in the country, with regular direct buses to Exeter (3 hours journey).
When you decide to join us we will send you full travel details, and we will also organize a taxi transfer and pre-book tickets for you on request.
A warm and friendly welcome awaits every student of the very special small school.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend