Our Academy is the world's leading provider of online Arabic language courses and proficiency tests. It launched in September 2000. It is run by professionals in the field of teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language.
Our Academy is committed to the promotion of the teaching and learning of Arabic worldwide. The presence of an internationally recognized Arabic language proficiency assessment test is essential in the promotion of the learning of Arabic as a Foreign Language.
Our Academy's curriculum is designed by professionals in the field of "Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language". A team of teachers monitor the program, updating and enhancing it on a regular basis. Having an interactive Arabic language curriculum that is based on sound pedagogy and advanced technical features puts students and teachers on the right track to effective learning (maximum learning at the shortest period of time). It ensures uniformity and reliability amongst students at different classrooms. The Arabic classes are bound to successful and students' retention increases greatly.
Our Academy offers seven language levels that are based on ACTFL standards: novice low, novice mid, novice high, intermediate low and intermediate mid and intermediate high. Those levels are preceded by novice zero which introduces the alphabet. Each of these levels is composed of 45 contact hours.
Courses are offered in the following areas of interest:
* General Purpose Arabic:
- Modern Standard Arabic;
- Colloquial Arabic.
* Arabic for Special Purposes:
- Islamic Arabic;
- Quranic Arabic;
- Arabic of Hadith;
- Arabic of Sirah.
* Business Arabic:
- Business Writing.
Also we offer four weeks of Intensive Arabic, 4 hours a day and 5 days a week. The 4 hours a day constitute class time with a teacher. You are expected to study at home for the same amount of time.
* The evaluation criteria are based on:
- Attendance: A contact hour is measured in terms of time spent online. For every credit hour, 15 contact hours are expected;
- Class participation: students are expected to participate actively. This is measured by the number of questions and comments posed to teachers and students via the online boards;
- Online tests: all tests are given online in order to ensure standardization. Students may take the tests at home or at the university's computer lab.
* In the case of institutional use, the following criteria are added:
- Classroom Attendance & Participation: teachers are expected to notify the system of student's classroom attendance as well as their participation as those are factors that are calculated in the overall grade.
We expect all our students to speak Arabic only. Our novice students may use some limited English or another language, but the use of Arabic is stressed.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend