Our Spanish Academy situated in the heart of the Ecuadorian capital offers excellent and challenging Spanish classes. It is founded and run by competent and highly qualified natives who work towards bringing students in direct contact with both the language and culture of their precious country.
* Why to study with us? With seventeen years of experience in teaching Spanish as a foreign language, we can just about guarantee that you will be able to speak fluent Spanish after only 4 weeks of intensive learning levels.
- We fix the students groups in small and close to learn teams, and a combination of one-to-one classes or mini-group classes;
- An eclectic teaching method is what we pursue;
- We study from a diverse array of topics including literature, politics, medicine, business, law, and ecology- specially tailored programs, with a practical edge;
- We prepare you to write D.E.L.E. (Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera) exams at all.
Our Spanish Academy is recommended by the Ecuadorian Ministry of Education. If you choose to study 120 hours and write three exams you will receive an official certificate from the Ministry. If you choose to study for less time you will receive a certificate of completion from the school.
Our Courses Levels:
* Elementary Level
- Identify and describe people, animals and things;
- Describe using present tense;
- Express past actions;
- Make requests and orders;
- Describe events;
- Write about future events;
- Pronounce correctly.
* Middle Level:
- Express habitual actions in the past;
- Describe totally completed actions in the past;
- Combine (unite) past time forms;
- Use future and conditional tenses;
- Express courtesy;
- Express probability and hypothetical situations;
- Use idiomatic expression.
* Superior Level:
- Express surprise and disappointment;
- Express doubt and share opinions;
- Write different type of letters;
- Express conditions;
- Express cause and consequences;
- Write and relate a composition;
- Comment on magazine and newspaper articles;
- Provide analysis of literature;
- Provide analysis of political, economic and social issues;
- Express ideas and actions fluently.
* Coast Courses: This is an ideal combination of classes in the morning and activities in the afternoon. Our activities include a visit to the beautiful "Isla de la Plata" very popular because of the similarities with the famous Galapagos Islands. Course Program:
- Monday: Morning: relax on the beach. Afternoon: Spanish lessons;
- Tuesday: Morning: Spanish lessons. Afternoon: Optional tours to nearby beaches or national park;
- Wednesday: Morning: Spanish lessons. Afternoon: Optional tours to nearby beaches or national park;
- Thursday: Morning: Spanish lessons. Afternoon: Optional visits to museums and to beaches;
- Friday: Morning and Afternoon: during summer (June to September) Isla de La Plata; rest of the year classes;
- Night: Return to Quito.
- Isla de La Plata (Full day trip): the fauna and the vegetation of this island look like some islands of the archipelago of Galapagos (2 hours by boat from Puerto Lopez). We are going to go take a boat from Puerto Lopez early in the morning. Between June and September you are guaranteed to see lots of whales in the area and the boat will stop for whale watching.
On the island we will see and walk very near to lots of famous birds, such as Blue footed Bobbies, Albatrosses, Mask Bobbies, etc. We will have time to do snorkeling to observe sea lions, turtles, Manta rays and many colorful fishes. We will provide you with a lunch box before we return to Puerto Lopez and on to Alandaluz.
- Whale-watching (between June and September): their observation guarantees strong emotions!
- "Los Frailes": reputed to be the most beautiful beach in Ecuador.
- Agua Blanca: walks or horse rides in the tropical forest and visits to the Pre-Inca ruins.
* Prices: Individual lessons (Alandaluz): $360; Group lessons (Alandaluz): $300. Price includes 20 hours of Spanish one-to-one lessons, 4 nights of accommodation on the coast and guided trip to "Isla de la Plata" full day tour. Price does not include: meals at Alandaluz. Meals are approx. $10-15 per day. Transportation. If you want to fly, the price is about US$55 extra each way to Manta or Portoviejo. From Manta/Portoviejo you can take a taxi or bus to the resort (2 hours).
* Study in Amazonas Jungle: Combine an Amazonian experience with Spanish courses! We offer a full week stay in the jungle (4 nights). Each day includes 4 hours of courses and excursions. Our program:
- Sunday: leaving Quito at night to arrive in Coca Monday morning;
- Monday: lunch, Spanish lessons and dinner;
- Tuesday: breakfast, two hours walk in the jungle to observe the great variety of flora and fauna;
- Wednesday: walk in jungle to learn about medical plants, Spanish lessons;
- Thursday: Spanish lessons, fishing and canoing down the river to observe wildlife;
- Friday: Spanish lessons, visit to a native family to learn about their daily life. Return to Coca and Quito.
Close to the river "Rio Napo" in the impenetrable Amazon, the largest virgin forest in the world, you will study in an attractive and natural spot.
* Accommodation and meals: With a capacity of 50 passengers, the Yarina lodge offers you 20 huts with private bathrooms. The huts are made with typical materials such as: bamboo on the walls, the palm of pambil on the floor and the toquilla straw on the roof. All these materials are provided by indigenous people who plant these materials to sell and receive money. During hours eight daily (8am - 12m) (6pm - 10pm) electricity is provided for all lodge. The dining room and social area is located in the main cabin which is a nice place to rest, make friends or simply to enjoy the view.
* Excursions: Relax and enjoy our organized excursions! You will take advantage of all the expertise of Indian naturalist guides. You can be sure they will share their passion for Amazonian with you!
* Prices: Our fixed price of US$ 360 includes courses, excursions, meals and the journey from Coca to the jungle by boat. The pupils are responsible for the trip from Quito to Coca (bus or plane).
- Transportation (by boat) Coca-Lodge-Coca;
- 20 hours Spanish classes;
- Spanish native guide;
- Three meals per day;
- 4 nights of accommodation in cabins;
- Water during meals and hikes.
- Homestay: Ecuadorian families offer the opportunity for you to share their lives and you will have new experiences with them, practice the Spanish language local context and get to know the Latin American way of the life. Our select families very much enjoy living with foreign people to get to know their custom.
Our Ecuadorian families live in close proximately to our language school. If you need to go office migration or some place it is possible to receive help from your family or your teacher. You will be provided with a private room, three meals a day, laundry service and real interactive Spanish with your host family. Convenient location to public transportation and a house key to come and go independently. You stay with an Ecuadorian family includes:
- Three Home Meals;
- Private Room;
- Laundry Service;
- Interactive Spanish with your Host Family;
- Airport Pick-up.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend