Our school is situated in Beckenham, an elegant and green suburb of south-east London only 20 minutes by train from central London. The school has a high proportion of long-term students, many of whom are preparing to go to university in the UK. Established in 1966, is part of the our well-known English Language Schools, with centers in Bournemouth and Oxford as well as London. The school is accredited by the British Council and is also a member of English UK (formerly ARELS).
We offer a full range of English language courses to suit all students from beginner to advanced levels. We also offer examination preparation courses including IELTS, and the Cambridge FCE and CAE exams. There are full-time intensive and semi-intensive courses and vacation courses in the summer.
Our school in London provides first-class homestay accommodation at affordable rates, close to the school. Homestay gives our students an opportunity to experience English family life and the chance to practice their English away from the school.
When you book a course at our school, we are happy to arrange your accommodation for you. We offer 2 types of accommodation: Homestay (living with a local host family or in a private home) or residential (King’s Oxford and King's Bournemouth).
- Homestay - your English home: The majority of students choose homestay accommodation. Our host families and private homes are carefully selected and regularly inspected by our experienced. Accommodation Officers. Homestay offers comfortable and economic accommodation and provides you with an excellent opportunity to practice speaking English.
- Homestay - Essential information: Homestay accommodation includes breakfast and dinner every day and also a light lunch at the weekends. The host family provides bedding but please bring your own towels. Single and twin rooms are available (please refer to prices & dates" for full details).
Accommodation is either a short bus ride to school (10-20 minutes) or within walking distance of the school (10-30 minutes). We offer 2 types of homestay accommodation:
- Executive homestay (available all year, King’s Bournemouth only) large, well-furnished bedroom with a double bed, television and a private bathroom or shower room.
- Standard homestay is excellent value and offers comfortable, welcoming accommodation. Standard homestay is available all year in Bournemouth, London and Oxford.
- Residential accommodation at King's Oxford: Single room residential accommodation is available at King’s School Oxford in July and August. This consists of high quality student apartments situated only 2 minutes’ walk from school. The price includes breakfast and dinner in the school restaurant every day.
- Residential accommodation at King's Bournemouth: Student residence in the town center (approx. 15 minutes’ walk from school). Facilities include private bathrooms for all bedrooms, kitchen corners in twin bedrooms, communal kitchens, terrace, laundry, 24-hour security. The price includes clean bedding on arrival. Thereafter the student is responsible for washing their own bedding and for cleaning their room. Please bring your own towels.
- Hotels and Apartments: If you would like to stay in a hotel or self-catering apartment, please contact the school for a list of local hotels, bed and breakfasts and apartments.
- Welfare, Medical and other Problems: Our Accommodation Officers are trained in all areas of student welfare and are always available to help if you have a problem.
Let our staff look after all aspects of your stay and make your time in England enjoyable and rewarding. Come to our school in London to improve your English, meet other students from around the world and have a great time!
One of the UK’s largest shopping centers is a short bus ride from the school. Our school in London has an excellent selection of host families and the majority of students can walk or cycle to school. Airport transfers are available from all London airports. In addition there are excellent bus and train connections to central London and the airports.
Our Principal, Andy Townsend is responsible for the day-to-day running of the school. He has over 20 years' experience of working in the language travel industry. Our Student Counselor is always available to advise students on further education possibilities in the UK. Students are given help with their university applications. We have a core staff of well-qualified and highly experienced teachers who work closely together to ensure the students receive the very best learning experience.
We have busy and popular social and leisure programs year round and regular excursions to a range of different destinations. Our school's experience is a unique combination of learning and living in England. Our school in London offers at least 2 free activities per week during the winter and at least 1 free activity per day during the summer (July / August). A program of weekend excursions is organized throughout the year. The school is situated opposite a sports and leisure complex and is also within easy walking distance of several parks with facilities for playing football and tennis.
Examples of free activities at our school in London:
- Evening lectures
- Quiz nights
- Video afternoons
- Games evenings
- Drama Workshops
- International social evenings
- School party
- Pub tour
- Treasure Hunts.
Examples of paid activities (students pay their travel expenses and any entry fees):
- Ice skating
- Dog racing
- London City Tour
- Westminster Walk
- Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
- Camden Town Market
- British Museum
- Tate Modern
- Shopping in London
- Covent Garden
- River Thames Walk
- Madame Tussaud's
- West End musicals.
Our School comprises two impressive Victorian buildings containing 18 spacious classrooms with TV / video / DVD facilities and a delightful garden. Our facilities include a multimedia center with free Internet and E-mail services and a digital language laboratory.
We have a very popular cafeteria offering hot and cold food, freshly made salads, fresh fruit and a range of drinks. The school has a large and attractive garden, email and internet facilities and is only 2 minutes’ walk from a sports center, library and art center.
Courses at our school in London are designed for adult students. The minimum age on all courses is 16. Our typical age group is 19- 35 but we also welcome a large number of more mature students each year.
* A registration fee of £50 applies to all courses. This is nonrefundable.
* Prices are for tuition only and exclude accommodation.
* Reduced prices for long-term courses only apply when all
course fees are paid in advance. Fees are not refunded for
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2005
Client Request Served: 40
Our Group of Schools has been providing top quality English language courses to international students since 1957. Accredited by the British Council. Come to us for quality courses at competitive prices!
Our English language Schools in London, Oxford and Bournemouth offer the very best in international education and...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: