Why choose us?
- At our excellent service is the rule not the exception.
- Accredited by The British Council and Member of The English UK.
- Suitably qualified and experienced teachers who are genuinely and actively interested in their students’ progress and performance. Classes are regularly observed by the Director of Studies. Progress tests are administered to longer-term students.
- Personal attention: Being a family-run business our reputation is founded on the care and attention we give to our students. Our teachers do their best to take students needs into consideration when preparing classes.
- Small Class Sizes: A maximum class size of 6 students for Professional classes and for some Specific Programs. There are 12 students per class on General English Programs and 15 on Junior Vacation Courses.
- Class Management: Each class is made up of similar language levels after students have taken a placement test on their arrival day. Students may be placed in a lower-level grammar class, if their knowledge of grammar is weak and a higher level skills class if they have a better ability to communicate in English. By being placed in classes to suit their abilities, students make the maximum progress.
- Up to date pedagogy, incorporating communicative methodology, thorough grammar and vocabulary building.
- A computer room with free Internet access.
- Study Aids: We have a good choice of learning materials suitable for class activities and self access study.
We specialize in English for Specific Purposes and offer over 20 different courses.
General English Course
The General English Language Courses are run throughout the year.
There are seven levels ranging from Beginner to Proficiency. Students take a placement test on the first morning of their course. Students can enroll on either a 15 or 20 hour per week course.
Students can prepare for examinations throughout the year and examination practice is given every Friday morning, which enables the teacher to monitor progress. The number of weeks a student needs to enroll to prepare for an examination will depend on his/her level on admission to the Academy. The Director of Studies will be able to give the student a good indication of how much time is necessary to prepare for an exam after the placement test is taken.
Academic English/University Preparation or Further study in the UK
Our Program is designed for students who wish to improve their command of English and develop their study skills in preparation for further study at a college or university in the UK. Students may then go on to join a Foundation Course or a Pre-Sessional Course at the college or university of their choice.
Business English Courses
The Business English Courses are designed to help students who are already in business, or who are preparing to enter a job in which English is used on a regular basis. The students study a twenty hour per week program, and will be expected to complete an assignment on a weekly basis.
These courses consist of 15 hours tuition in a morning group and four hours of one-to-one tuition in the afternoon with a private tutor. The student can study on any course for the morning program, and, during the private sessions, tutors will work on the student's areas of weakness and personal needs and interests, enabling students to progress more rapidly.
English for The Medical Profession
These courses are for doctors, medical students, chemists and other medical professionals who need to use English in their work.
English for Travel and Tourism
These courses are for 20 hours per week. They are very popular with people who are either working in the travel industry, or who are planning to do so. These courses are also for students who need English because they enjoy traveling. The student attends the General English Program for the first part of the morning, and the Travel and Tourism modules for the rest of the morning and for the afternoon class. There is a strong emphasis on speaking and listening, with role-plays, pair work and group work.
English for Hotel and Catering
This course aims to provide students in the hotel and catering trade with the skills necessary to survive in English.
Work experience Program
The work experience program is designed to introduce students to the world of work and to give the students the opportunity to put the language skills they have learned in the classroom into practice in a working environment. All students must be of at least Intermediate level before they can be allowed to go on work experience. We will endeavor to do its best in placing students as close to their chosen field of work as possible.
Executive Business Course
The Executive English Courses are intensive business courses designed for business men and women who only have a limited time to study to improve their English. The courses are designed to specifically meet the requirements of the student, and therefore, the program of study is dependent on student needs.
Executive Plus Business Courses
These courses are designed for people in business, with limited time. Students need to be at an intermediate level and be of a minimum age of 24 years old.
English for Lawyers
This course is designed for practicing lawyers or lawyers in training. The courses are personally designed to meet the needs of the clients.
English for Lawyers Plus
These courses follow the above format with the inclusion of lunches with teachers Monday to Fridays and two evening activities such as visits to the theatre, restaurant etc. The students also have unlimited use of the fax, e-mail and Internet.
One to One Tuition
We offer one to one tuition at all levels. Students can take classes throughout the year, but classes during July and August may be limited. These courses allow students to develop English at their own pace.
English and Sports Courses
Learn a language and improve your fitness at the same time! All courses include 15 hours of General English per week. There are morning classes Monday to Friday.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend