We offer small group and One to One lessons to adult students. Located in the heart of Kilkenny city, you will receive personal attention in classes which always have a maximum of just six students. Because Kilkenny is a relatively small city, you will have every opportunity to speak English, as you will probably find it difficult to meet someone of your own nationality!
All our teachers have a degree, TEFL certificate and experience in teaching English. The school was established in July 2004. There are now over 50 students in the school. Many of these are part time students who live and work in Kilkenny, while others are here for a few weeks or a few months to study English and experience Irish culture.
At present we have students from 4 different continents and include countries such as Poland, Lithuania, Italy, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Korea, Croatia, Spain, Chile, etc. So actually it may be difficult to find someone who speaks the same language as you!!
Kilkenny is a great tourist destination, but especially for Irish visitors. You may not meet many other foreigners from your country, so it is easy to immerse yourself in the English language. If you are serious about learning English, then come to us.
All teachers are Native English Speakers and have TELF qualifications, a degree and experience. Our teachers are all very carefully selected for their ability to teach interesting and varied lessons according to the type of class they will teach. They take time to prepare classes that meet the requirements of the students, and they pay attention to all our students’ progress. All classes are observed on a regular basis by the Director of Studies.
Mary Steed is our Director of Studies. She has taught in Japan and in Ireland. She has a Bachelor of Arts, a Graduate Diploma in Education, postgraduate studies in TEFL and TEFL experience. Mary has been living in Kilkenny since 2001. Mary Steed has traveled extensively and will be able to recommend the best places to visit around Kilkenny and in Ireland.
We can arrange activities and trips for you on request. Kilkenny is a medieval city. It is very relaxing and interesting to walk around Kilkenny city. You can enjoy the old buildings and browse in the shops or enjoy a cup of coffee in one of the many cafes.
- beautiful countryside
- clean air
- rich in heritage
- many important architectural sites
- ancient monuments, monastic settlements,
- lots of arts and crafts.
- balance between traditional and modern life
Sightseeing in the city
- Ireland's Medieval Capital
- You can visit everywhere on foot
- Lots of good shops, restaurants and design galleries.
- St Canices Cathedral - thirteenth century cathedral.
- Kilkenny Castle, one of the most magnificent castle's in Ireland - built 1190
Arts and Crafts
- Kilkenny is famous as an international art center
- Visit the Kilkenny Design center in the stables of Kilkenny castle
- Take the Kilkenny Craft Trail
- The Trail has 9 studios and workshops in Kilkenny. It includes jewelers, potters, leather & wood workers, glass blowing as well as candle makers.
- The Workshops are clustered in the scenic valley of the river Nore, in the heart of the county.
Sports and activities
- Lots of golf courses - 1 in Kilkenny City - many in the county
- World famous Mount Juliet championship golf course, 15 minutes from the City
- 2 Fishing schools in the area
- Horse riding school just outside the city
- Irish dancing classes
- Pottery classes etc.
The school is equipped with four classrooms, a students common room and a kitchenette. At break time students and teachers sit and chat together around a coffee. While the school is small, the quality of the lessons is not compromised.
Group General English for one week
Also see Vacation Schools in:
|Check out these similar vacation offers: