Lessons are held from Monday to Friday and the duration of each lesson is 50 minutes. On national holidays (06.01, Easter Monday, 25.04, 01.05, 02.06, 15.08, 01.11, 08.12) the school is closed, however lessons are recuperated. The first day of the course (from 9.00 o'clock on) we check your understanding of the Italian language which enables us to determine objectively how your stay in our school can be best used to your advantage. Lessons begin the second day of the course.
* Quality and not quantity: A well structured program and standard text books combined with material conceived purposely for our courses are characteristics of our flexible and modern teaching methods. Conversation, grammar, comprehension and production of text, games etc. will help you to acquire an indispensable linguistic understanding for your studies or work.
In all courses, each student has the possibility of actively participating. The groups of students are small: the average class size is seven, the maximum twelve students per class, which allows our teachers to assist and follow your learning step by step.
Ordinary courses - 6 levels including total beginners:
* Standard courses (4 less./ day).
* Intensive courses (6 less./ day).
- Beginner 1: For absolute beginners. Grammar, conversation classes, reading and listening comprehension exercises pertinent to every day situations in Italian life.
- Beginner 2: For advanced beginners. Probing of basic knowledge.
- Intermediate 1: Conversation on general subjects, reading of easy extracts, probing of grammar.
- Intermediate 2: For students with a solid basic knowledge of Italian. Grammar, conversation classes, reading of Italian newspapers, topics of culture and civilization.
- Intermediate 3: For advanced students with a good command of the essential language structures.
- Advanced: Special attention to particular language problems, syntax and style; conversation classes; critical examination of literary and scientific texts. Main topics in the Italian press will be discussed.
* Conversation course: 2 less./day of conversation in mini-groups.
* Special courses: Individual and mini-groups (10 less./week).
- Course of consecutive interpreting: From French, German, English or Spanish to Italian.
- Translation course: Translation of literary and scientific texts into Italian. Analyzing errors and interference.
- Italian for tourism and hotel industry: For those who work in hotels, restaurants and tourist guides.
- Italian for business: For Managers, business people, employees in the finance and commerce sectors etc.
- Preparatory courses for admission to the Italian universities: For foreigners who would like to enroll in a Faculty of an Italian University.
- Course on phonetics: For foreign opera singers and students.
- Italian history of art: From the medieval period through to the twentieth century.
- Italian literature: Views of Italian literature studying works of various authors.
- Writing course: Writing compositions and analysis of text.
- Cooking course: Theoretical and practical lessons.
* Individual Lessons: The number of lessons and the program are organized in conjunction with persons interested. For 2 participants there is a reduction of 40% for the course.
* Courses for groups: Upon request we can organize ordinary and special courses for groups for any period of the year. The courses are tailored to the students needs in agreement with the students themselves.
- Group lessons are usually held in the mornings, however, occasionally these group lessons may be scheduled in the afternoon.
- Individual lessons are generally held before or after group classes.
- On very rare occasions, a student takes the entrance exam and happens to be the only student for that particular level. If this occurs, the Standard 4 lesson course will be converted to 2 lessons of individual tuition and the Intensive 6 lessons course will be converted to 3 lessons of individual tuition.
- In the event that there are only 2 students for a particular level, the number of lessons for the class will be reduced by 1 lesson per day (for example: 3 lessons instead of 4 for the Standard class) given the more intense nature of a small class size.
* Accommodation: Upon request our school will provide for accommodation. This service is free. The accommodation address will be communicated at the latest 2 weeks before the beginning of the course. 1 (extra) week: accommodation in Bed&Breakfast or hotel.
Medical assistance: It is recommended that students have organized medical cover in their respective countries before departure. The students are not insured at the school not in the apartments against illness, accident, larceny or loss of personal property.
Meals: For lunch and dinner University students (with their foreign students' cards) can use the services of the University canteens. All other students of our school could have meals with a fixed price at restaurants organized by the school.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend