In Campania, particularly in Sorrento, the local cuisine has retained its tradition of simple and quick preparation, without too much sophistication, in order to preserve the fragrance and flavors of the ingredients. The menus are composed of: appetizer, first course (generally gnocchi), main course (generally fresh fish) and dessert. Meals are accompanied by suitable wines and mineral water.
The brand new cooking school takes place within the holiday Resort Giardino delle Esperidi situated in Sant’Agnello, 1 km away from the city center of Sorrento and only a few steps away from the sea and the major local attractions. Our cooking classes are conducted in English and can be done either in the morning or in afternoon. Each course lasts approximately 3 hours and is followed by either lunch or dinner based on the lesson's subject.
The school offers one-day and multi-day hands-on cooking classes as well as all inclusive packages that are offered year round from a minimum of two to a maximum of 15 participants. The classes are based on menus of the traditional Italian cuisine, with a particular emphasis on Neapolitan recipes. Special programs can be arranged for those who wish to focus their attention on specific dishes or Italian specialties such as Pizza, bread, pasta, sauces, fish, pastries and decoration, drinks and wine. Our daily classes begin at 10:00 and end around 2:00, allowing you time to explore the art and culture of Sorrento on your own.
Cooking the Italian style: HD Excursion (10am/2pm)
Join us in the rediscovery of the Mediterranean culinary traditions and learn how to cook a typical Neapolitan menu! Lessons are taught in English. Morning lesson is at 10 am. A wide selection of school's tools and utensils, as well as Campania DOC wines and limoncello liquer, are available at the boutique you will find within the school.
Sample day (10 am – 2 pm) of your hands-on cooking lesson in Sorrento:
- 09:30 - we collect you at your Hotel by private car or by minivan and take you to the cooking school, where Chef Rosaria and her English speaking assistant Sara will be waiting for you.
- 10:00 - once arrived at the School we will wait until last person booked in for the day’s lesson has arrived. Sara will ask us to wear the school’s apron, the Chef’s paper hat, the gloves and listen to the day’s lesson introduction, which is the menu we will be working on. Generally menus are focused on Mediterranean recipes and Neapolitan typical dishes including local appetizers ( arancini di riso or ricotta fritters ) pasta ( gnocchi, lasagna, ravioli ) sauces, fish and local desserts such as tiramisu, lemon delite or babà.
- 11:15 – a first short break allowing us time to taste the appetizer just prepared and drink a nice Prosecco wine with. Don’t forget the lesson is non a demonstration, it is hands-on which means that Chef Rosaria will not allow us not to have hands on flavour.
- 13:00 - the menu is now ready and we can all seat and eat what we have prepared , tasting a good Campania doc wine ( red or white , no matter ) and end with a good Neapolitan espresso coffee and limoncello lemon liqueur.
- 2:00 - full enough after the delicious lunch but happy to have learned how to cook a typical Neapolitan menu, we will be taken back to the Hotel where we will rest by the swimming-pool or just relax by reading a lesson are daily all year round.
- Four day Package: lessons + accommodation (available all year round);
- Transfers in/out Naples Airport;
- 3 night accommodation at the Giardino delle Esperidi Resort;
- 2 Cooking Lessons;
- 2 Meals with beverages on the School's premises;
- 1 dinner at 1-star Michelin restaurant “Il BUCO” in Sorrento;
- 1 dinner with pizza making demonstration at famous pizzeria “Aurora” in Sorrento;
- The school's shopping bag;
- Apron with the School's Logo;
- Certificate of participation to the Courses;
Eight day package (lessons + accommodation) includes:
- Transfers in/out Naples Airport;
- 7 nights Accommodation at Giardino delle Esperidi Resort;
- 4 Cooking Lessons;
- 4 Meals with beverages on the School's premises;
- 1 dinner at 1-star Michelin Restaurant " Il BUCO " in Sorrento;
- 1 dinner with pizza making demonstration at famous Pizzeria " Aurora " in Piazza Tasso square;
- 1 wine tour to Avellino or Benevento vineyards (from 8 am to 5 pm);
- School's shopping bag;
- School's cook apron;
- Chef's paper hat;
- Certificate of participation to the Courses.
Wine talk and tasting: 2 hours
Spend a couple of hours, in a lovely environment next to the cooking school, with Alberio, who will talk on local wines and guide you through the tasting of 2 Campania d.o.c. wines, local cheese, ham and bread. Price also includes the pick-up at your hotel. This course is available at evening time only.
We will be delighted to accommodate any specific inquiry you may have or tailor your tour to Italy upon request. We have agreed special rates with a selection of 4 and 5 star Hotels in Sorrento and Amalfi Coast, where you can extend your tour. Tours can be arranged for individuals as well as for small groups ( maximum of 8 people ). This tour is available year round.
All our programs include: transfer from the airport and return, accommodation at 4 and 5 star Hotels with BB, dinners out at Michelin Restaurants, wine tours to local vineyards, visit to countryside's farmhouses with tastings, boat tours along the Amalfi Coast and the beautiful island of Capri. We also have a special combination between Tuscany and Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast or Sorrento and Apulia, offering cooking classes, wine tours and food experiences.
Last Minute Offers
De Luxe Tour at "Don Alfonso" Restaurant
Spend a fabulous half-day at famous 2- Star Michelin Restaurant " Don Alfonso " in Sant'Agata sui due Golfi of Alfonos and Livia Iaccarino. The Don Alfonso's wine cellar is unique, not only for the extensive collection of great wines, but also for the rooms that house them. The cellar descends vertically from vaults that were built at the turn of the last century, through lower cellars of the seventeenth and sixteenth centuries, down to an extraordinary tunnel that was dug out of the tufa hillside in the Roman era. Inside, the temperature is perfect for the 'king' Barolo, the bubbles of Franciacorta, the big super Tuscans and rising stars of southern Italy. You will also find a great selection of wines from the rest of the winemaking world, old and new: France and Spain, Germany and Austria, California and Chile, South Africa and Australia, even Israel and Lebanon.
After the visit, the excursion continues with a fabulous lunch with beverage included. Before leaving the establishment you will stop at the «Don Alfono Show Room", a private boutique of Iaccarino family featuring unique products coming directly from their farm “Le Pieracciole ".
Lunch at "Don Alfonso 1890" Restaurant
Spend a fabulous day out at famous 2- Star Michelin Restaurant " Don Alfonso " in Sant'Agata sui due Golfi. Have dinner at this worldwide famous Restaurant with a 3 course menu including wines. Pick up at your hotel at 10.00 am. Drive to Sant'Agata sui due Golfi (30 minutes).
After dinner visit to their famous wine cellar with tasting. Before leaving the property, stop at Show Room where you will have time to browse among their home-made products and buy some to take home to your friends and relatives. This is one of the things not to be missed at least once in your life!
Wine tour to Avellino and Benevento vineyards
Visit to the winery and tasting of the Taurasi, Fiano di Avellino and Greco di Tufo wines, all complemented with cheese and local ham; Lunch in a Farm/restaurant: various appetizers, two home made pastas, barbecue, vegetables, dessert, coffee and home made liqueur. Wine from the Farmer's cellar and mineral water (no limit in quantity…to your full satisfaction!); Visit to a nougat factory and tasting of the traditional nougats.
Campania is the land of the red wine "Aglianico " a big red, powerful and with its own personality when young, ideal to accompany barbecued lamb and sausages , and, gentle and elegant, when properly aged, see the Taurasi (from Aglianico grapes), the only d.o.c.g wine of the southern Italy.
The Piedirosso (Red Foot), from the red color of the stem, the second important red of the region, Smooth, fruity and elegant light red wine, this is the basic grape in the blend to obtain the Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio,"Tears of Christ" is the translation.
And, last the old Romans wine "Falerno" from primitivo grape, the wine of the Roman Emperors, we can say the first wine of the modern era that got the D.O.C. In this region you can also enjoy four very good white wines, two d.o.c.g. "Fiano di Avellino" "Greco di Tufo" and d.o.c. "Falanghina" and "Coda di Volpe" which means, Fox's tail). We can say that, no other country can deliver such a diversity, so many indigenous grapes, and, so different one from the other, each, to match a different typical dish of the region. This is one of the reasons of the increasing interest to the Southern Italy's wines.
Departure Sorrento - 08:00 am. Transfer to Avellino Vineyards (Taurasi area) by Van or Minivan, depending on the number of participants; a minimum of 4 people is requested. Individual tours are also available with extra charge.
Countryside Tour with wine tasting and lunch
Trip through the hillside of Sorrento, visit to a Lemon Liquer factory with tasting.Short stop at the extreme point of Sorrento peninsula to enjoy the splendid view of Capri Island. Tasting of 2 Campania d.o.c. wines and lunch in a family-run restaurant by the countryside. Daily program: pick-up at your Hotel, departure at 10 am and return at 2 pm.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend