Welcome to Milan, the capital of business, fashion and design. Sanda Stevanovic, Head of Studies, Scuola Leonardo da Vinci Milano. Milan is the second biggest town in Italy, and the most economically developed. Here you meet people from every region of Italy and from every country of the world. The city is busy day and night. Restaurants, discotheques, cinemas, bars, cafes with charm and furnished as famous theaters. "La Scala", the most famous opera house in the world, the Duome and a lot of other important sights are expecting you.
And more: you can always reach the Italian and Swiss mountains to ski in wintertime, the Italian seaside in Liguria or the "Cote d'Azur" in France during the summertimme. Milan is perfectly connected by airplanes, trains and motorways to the most important destinations in Europe and in the world.
A language travel vacation in Italy presents to you the possibility of having an intensive look at the Italian language and culture. We offer a wide-ranging program of high quality Italian language courses in Milan all year round.
Our Teaching method takes full account of modern didactics and is oriented towards the "Foreign Language Concept of the Council of Europe" and the "Guidelines of the Accademia Italiana di Lingua (AIL)". Our schools teach according to the Direct Method: from the first day on, at all levels, only Italian will be spoken.
We emphasize the spoken language and live language. Continually stressing the use of verbal communication permits you to learn Italian "naturally", to unite theory and practice easily and to increase your knowledge quickly and with confidence. The structure of the language and its practical application is very important. Advanced courses also practice the written language.
The secretariat is located inside the main building. There you also will find the library and the Internet Point where you may surf for free in the Internet or connect your own laptop for free thanks to a wireless network.
The Standard Course
The Standard Course is held throughout the year on 6 (monthly) levels of ability. Duration: 1 to 24 weeks. The 4 lessons are held daily from Monday to Friday, usually beginning at 9am. If there are many participants the Standard Course may also be held in the afternoon at 2pm. There is a maximum of 12 students in each class.
The Intensive Course
The Intensive Course consists of 4 lessons Standard Course per day in the morning and 2 extra lessons of group language course in the afternoon. In the afternoon session students have the opportunity to increase their knowledge with practice in speaking and conversing. This course is held only in Florence and Rome.
Intensive Italian Language Course "Plus" 5 & 10
The Intensive Plus Course consists of the Standard Course Plus additional private lessons (one-to-one). The individual lessons are specifically designed for your specific needs. We offer two kinds of Intensive Plus Courses:
- Intensive Plus-5 Course: 20 lessons of Standard Course and additional 5 private lessons per week;
- Intensive Plus-10 Course: 20 lessons of Standard Course and additional 10 private lessons per week.
Italian Language and Culture Course "Italy Today"
For students who want to learn Italian and at the same time become acquainted with the culture and history and the current social and political situation of their host country, we suggest to choose the "Italy Today" Course. In addition to the 4 lessons Standard Course in the morning, in the afternoon they will be introduced to art and culture, history and folklore, press and films as well as the current political and economic situation of Italy. The cultural part of this course consists of 10 supplementary lessons in two weeks.
La Dolce Vita +50 course:
This course is specifically designed for mature students of any age. You will learn Italian in a pleasant and relaxing enviroment, accompanied by a wide variety of cultural activities. Duration: 1 or 2 weeks. Special starting dates.
We are always concerned with offering a high quality of private accommodation and we try, where possible, to satisfy the special requests of our students. Our home-stays - in a ‘traditional’ family with children, with a married childless couple, with singles or in apartments - are located in the center of Milan or within a few minutes bus drive away.
Finding suitable accommodation for our students is one of the free services offered by our school. Accommodation is regularly checked by our staff. There is a choice among the following possibilities:
- Single or double room in a family with breakfast;
- Single or double room in a family with half board (breakfast and dinner);
- Single or double room in shared apartments, bathroom and kitchen shared with other students or with the landlord/landlady;
- Hotels of all categories;
- Private apartments (independent flats);
So what are you waiting for?
Our teaching staff consists of young teams of experienced language teachers, all of whom studied at University and who have been specially trained in teaching Italian to foreigners.
Most of the teaching material has been developed by our schools and is excellently suited to the needs and requirements of the students. Thanks to a permanent work group the didactic material is continuously updated and adapted to the newest research on teaching languages to foreigners.
But learning Italian does not consist, for us at our schools, in just teaching grammar and vocabulary. We want to allow our students to gain insight into the Italian way of living and thinking. That is why we offer, in addition to the language courses, a whole range of Italian culture extracurricular activities for our students.
Milan and its surroundings offer a nearly unlimited variety of leisure activities, which our students might undertake by themselves. We offer leisure activities as well and organized on a regular basis.
Every month our school distributes his own calendar of cultural activities. In this way participants will always be well informed concerning exhibitions, concerts, films and other events. For the weekends we hand out special leaflets for individual trips. All students receive a written guide indicating active and passive sporting activities and the secretary's office can also help with the organization of sporting activities.
An example of a monthly activity calendar in Milan
- Day excursion to Lago Maggiore, Lago di Como, Lago d'Iseo or Lago di Garda; at least once every 4 weeks, normally the first Saturday after a month course begins.
- Half day excursion to Monza, Brescia, Pavia, etc.; every two weeks.
- Free guided tours around the city; every two weeks.
- Soccer games: if enough students are interested there's the possibility to buy tickets to see Inter or Milan soccer games in the "San Siro Stadium"; every week, from September to June.
- Art History tour to some of the most important sights where Leonardo da Vinci works are on show: Castello Sforzesco, Museo della Scienza e della Tecnica, Refettorio S. Maria delle Grazie, Museo d’Arte e Scienza; every two weeks.
- Aperitivo night in "Navigli": students will appreciate the typical after-work activity in Milan, buy a cocktail and the price includes snacks and drinks, at some of the most beautiful bars and cafes in town; every week.
- Dinners with the school in a typical Milanese restaurant. Students and teachers have a good chance to get to know each other over a delicious “risotto alla Milanese” and a good glass of wine; every 2 weeks.
- For the weekends we hand out special leaflets for individual trips to: Monza, Brescia, Pavia, Ligurian coast, the Lake District (Lago di Garda, Lago Maggiore, Lago di Como, Lago d’Iseo), Venice and Switzerland.
- All students receive a guide indicating sporting activities, either to take part in or to watch. Furthermore, the school can also help with the organization of sporting activities, as volleyball, basketball and soccer games.
Our school in Milan occupies an entire 3 floor building and has 18 spacious and luminous classrooms. The ground floor is dedicated to the recreational area where you can read the newspapers, have a coffee with your fellow students or do your homework. At the first floor you can find the classrooms, the secretary office, the multimedia classroom and the free internet point. All classrooms have air conditioning, and the campus boasts a park, a bar and a refectory.
A registration fee of 70 Euro, valid for 12 months, must be paid for any enrollment.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2005
Italian Language School in Italy - M05417 (Officially authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education). Are you looking for an exciting and comprehensive Italian language program? You have found what you are looking for! We offer a variety of high quality Italian language courses for beginners up to Italian language...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: