Welcome to Siena, the heart of Tuscany. Take a step back in time as you enter the ancient walls surrounding the best preserved medieval town in Italy. Listen to the Sienese speak. You are hearing pure Italian! It is said that the inhabitants of Siena are considered to speak the most correctly and, students of the language, actually stay here to learn the correct pronunciation.
Come and experience the charm and beauty of this culturally rich Tuscan hill town which offers world class architecture, stunning views, and fantastic food and wine. Siena’s warm character will ensure that your stay here will include new friends and a true taste of the dolce vita.
Patricia Ramspeck Head of Studies in our school in Siena. Our school is in the medieval center of Siena. Located in a historical building, the school offers an incredible location, close to historic monuments, museums, shopping and more. The cozy atmosphere of the school will help you feel at home and you will have access to several large classrooms, a beautiful sun deck that students are free to use for studying and hanging out.
The Standard Course
The Standard Course is held throughout the year on 6 (monthly) levels of ability. Duration: 1 to 24 weeks. The 4 lessons are held daily from Monday to Friday, usually beginning at 9am. If there are many participants the Standard Course may also be held in the afternoon at 2pm. There is a maximum of 10 students in each class.
Intensive Italian Language Course "Plus" 5 & 10
The Intensive Plus Course consists of the Standard Course Plus additional private lessons (one-to-one). The individual lessons are specifically designed for your specific needs. We offer two kinds of Intensive Plus Courses:
- Intensive Plus-5 Course: 20 lessons of Standard Course and additional 5 private lessons per week;
- Intensive Plus-10 Course: 20 lessons of Standard Course and additional 10 private lessons per week.
La Dolce Vita +50 course:
This course is specifically designed for mature students of any age. You will learn Italian in a pleasant and relaxing enviroment, accompanied by a wide variety of cultural activities. Duration: 1 or 2 weeks. Special starting dates.
Italian Language and Culture Course "Italy Today"
For students who want to learn Italian and at the same time become acquainted with the culture and history and the current social and political situation of their host country, we suggest to choose the "Italy Today" Course. In addition to the 4 lessons Standard Course in the morning, in the afternoon they will be introduced to art and culture, history and folklore, press and films as well as the current political and economic situation of Italy. The cultural part of this course consists of 10 supplementary lessons in two weeks.
A language travel vacation in Italy presents to you the possibility of having an intensive look at the Italian language and culture. We offer a wide-ranging program of high quality Italian language courses in Siena all year round.
You will also find the school's administrative offices. The friendly staff is there to help you with any questions you may have and is always ready to give you great advice on Siena and her surroundings. You may use free internet to stay in contact with your family and friends.
Siena and it’s surroundings offer a wide variety of leisure activities. Our school organizes special outings that all students are welcome to participate in. We offer leisure activities as well and organize on a regular basis:
- dinners, which enable teachers and students to get to know each other better;
- guided visits in History of Art;
- film evenings at school;
- day and half-day excursions;
- visit to wine cellars.
- Guided visits: Learn about Sienese art, history and traditions during our guided visits of the town. Visit the major monuments as well as hidden treasures to learn more about this unique city.
- How to Make Homemade Pasta: This mini cooking course teaches you how to prepare fresh pasta. You will also taste various types of Pecorino cheese, salad, vegetables and fresh olive oil.
- Wine Tasting: You will have the chance to taste some of the best local Italian wines.
- Olive Oil Tasting: Find out why olive oil is known as “green gold”. This outing includes a visit to a local olive press where you will learn how the oil goes from the tree to your table and enjoy a comparative tasting of different oils.
- Italian Cinema: Watch classic and modern Italian films at school! There will be a teacher on hand to guide you through the movie and foster your understanding of the Italian language.
- Voice, Phonetics, and Diction: This very popular activity helps emphasize your language experience. The amusing performance and instruction are conducted by a local Sienese actor and theatrical director, Altero Borghi. Very funny vocal and pronunciation exercises included!
- Outdoor Activities: A qualified outdoor tour leader conducts walking and biking tours all around the Sienese territory. Enjoy and in-depth and exhaustive discover of the most attractive areas the province of Siena has to offer! Stops include food and wine tasting at country farms.
- Siena, the contradas, and the Palio! This seminar includes a visit to one of the contrada museums.
- The origins of the Italian language, Dante and the Divine Comedy.
- Music in dialect. This presentation involves not only great music but includes the original texts translated from regional dialects into Italian.
The school secretary is at the service of students for every information. The school staff is available for any questions you may have regarding your stay in Siena.
On your first course day, you receive our student card with which you receive discounts in various museums, restaurants, discos, internet cafés, sports facilities, etc.
We offer a pick-up service from train stations and airports. You only need to inform us one week in advance of your arrival time and place (and flight or train number). Help and advice in case of illness.
Common room where you can meet with your fellow students. Provided is a machine for coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Free Internet access at a local internet point that is open from 10:00am to 8:00pm Monday through Friday, and from 10:00am to 7:00pm on Saturdays. Free receipt of faxes. Faxes can also be sent from the school for a fee.
A registration fee of 70 Euro, valid for 12 months, must be paid for any enrollment
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Jul 2005
Italian Language School in Italy - M05417 (Officially authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education). Are you looking for an exciting and comprehensive Italian language program? You have found what you are looking for! We offer a variety of high quality Italian language courses for beginners up to Italian language...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: