Their school includes a variety of programs for people spending sometime in the Tuscan countryside:
- Italian Cooking Program: The cooking classes held by Simonetta and Paola, assisted by a Tuscan chef, are hands-on, lively, friendly and fun, and you create wonderful meals of appetizers, a pasta dish, a main dish and a dessert which you then enjoy together for lunch, accompanied by wine from different regions of Italy.
- Italian Language personalized programs: where you learn or improve your Italian.
- Weekly Packages: for 5 days Italian Cooking or Italian language, if you're not planning to come by car and need a complete program.
- Weekend Packages: if you would like to spend a relaxing weekend in the Chianti countryside.
- Mini Packages: for 2 or 3 days Italian Cooking, if you're not planning to come by car and need a complete program.
- One Day Programs: with cooking, food, olives and wine itineraries.
• Cooking class with children: for parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles who want to discover more about Italian cooking, sharing this experience with their children. These programs-held in English and Italian-are all year round upon request.
The hands-on course covers traditional, home-style Tuscan and Italian recipes. Many people like this approach as they come away feeling they've had a real holiday, having enjoyed the wonderfully intense flavors & freshness of traditional Italian dishes cooked in an evocative stone farmhouse in the hills of Chianti, surrounded by vineyard & olive groves. The classes are held in a friendly atmosphere. And you have the chance to make new friends and learn a few secrets from Simonetta and Paola.
Participants cook and eat dishes prepared using fresh, natural ingredients. A complete meal such as appetizers, a pasta dish, a vegetable or meat dish and then a dessert is prepared every day and is accompanied by the wine which best complements it. The course comprises the hands-on lesson and the meal. An apron and recipe-book are supplied. Also included in the course is a welcome dinner at our home Podere Le Rose offered by the de' Mari family.
The 5-Day Program course comprises:
4 day hands-on lessons and the meal and 1 day visit to a typical Italian market followed by a tasting of cheeses, salami, prosciutto, mortadella, bread and wines. Participants cook and eat dishes prepared using fresh, natural ingredients. A complete meal such as appetizers, a pasta dish, a vegetable or meat dish and then a dessert is prepared every day and is accompanied by the wine which best complements it. Our apron and our recipe-book are supplied. All lessons are held from Monday to Friday.
If you don't have time to take the entire 5-day course you can take part in just 1 – 2 - 3 or 4 of the lessons.
We cook in a classic private apartment in central Florence to allow students to see a little of how a typical Italian family live, and to allow people to step out before & after class to see world-heritage sites such as the Duomo or take a bus ride up to the beautiful hill station of Fiesole.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend