Our school is the only Accredited Center by the Instituto Cervantes in Nerja and the Axarquia region of Malaga. This distinction is only given to the best schools in the country and we are one of about 50 Spanish schools throughout the world that have the accreditation.
Our school is small, with a maximum of 8 students per class. We want to make sure that students learn, not only Spanish, but also live the Spanish culture and enjoy their time here in Nerja. The town of 20,000 people offers many options for learning Spanish, and also for leisure activities that will make it easy for students to learn Spanish.
* Nerja, the Oasis of Europe: Originally named Narixa, meaning rich in water, has many legends and stories that have been passed by word of mouth across the centuries. Nerja´s strong Andalusian character, almost perfect climate, and cosmopolitan atmosphere, has made it one of the most attractive spots on the Costa del Sol.
Less than one hour from Málaga Airport and almost equidistant from the famous Andalusian cities of Granada, Seville, Córdoba, Ronda, and just across from the coast of Morocco, Nerja is known world-wide for its open welcome to all people and for its spectacular Caves where an international music festival takes place.
A must for any visitor to the Costa del Sol is a IX century fortification crowned as the "Balcony of Europe". In the very heart of Nerja, this romantic setting is today the focus of many cultural activities and a popular meeting place. This scenic promenade adorned with palm trees and exotic plants provides an exceptional view of the Mediterranean. To stroll along the streets and promenades of Nerja is a joy to the eye.
Together with its varied social life, many fiestas, exhibitions, new sports stadium, concerts and theater, Nerja has evolved into a town hard to beat". Narixa, Nerija, Nerja. White Dove above a green carpet of fertile plain, daughter of the sun and the sea, forever".
* Methods: We have our own method of teaching. This Personal Approach means that you will develop the language skills you need, and that you study at your own pace. Our teachers are constantly preparing and updating teaching methods and materials for you. With a maximum of eight students per class.
Our students come from more than 30 different countries, from Asia to North America, and from Africa to Australia. Here you will meet and interact with different cultures, and personalities, keeping in mind that you all come with the same purpose, to experience the life and culture of the Spanish people!
* Accommodation: Depending on your individual needs Quorum offers a variety of accommodations, from living with a local family in their house, in a shared or private apartment, or in a hotel/hostel – all houses and apartments are less than 15m. walk from the school and beach and are continually monitored through our regular inspections and feedback from students.
* Living with a Spanish Family: Make the most of your stay in Nerja and benefit from being able to practice your Spanish after school. Living with one of our carefully chosen families enables you to learn more about our culture and customs, to sample home cooked local cuisine, and to use the language in its most natural form.
A choice of board offered, and, having you own key, means you can decide how much independence you wish to have. With a maximum of two students per family and always of differing nationalities you will be totally immersed in our daily life.
* Sharing an Apartment: For those that want to be more independent and don't want to have to keep an eye on the clock, why not choose one of our apartments? All apartments have either a terrace or pool, allowing you to relax or study free of distractions and at your own pace. This is also an excellent way to make friends and enjoy mixing with fellow students outside of the school environment.
* Staying in a Private Apartment: Should you need more privacy, Quorum offers apartments for 1 - 2 people which provide certain special services for the more discerning student e.g. twice weekly cleaning. All our apartments are kept to the highest standard of maintenance and cleanliness.
* Staying in a Hotel: Nerja has a wide variety of hotels and hostels in a range of categories. All budgets and requirements can be accommodated in Nerja. We advise you to make reservations through us at least one month in advance, during the vacation season. Our prices are the most competitive in the area and we offer many options, such as Conversation or Grammar classes, Intensive courses, DELE Preparation and more.
All our teachers are philologists, specialized in the teaching of Spanish. They all have university degrees. Our experience throughout the years has taught us that qualified teachers must be the first priority of any language school.
Their excellent academic background (all are Spanish Philologists with the necessary teaching qualifications) and motivation, which comes from an enthusiasm for sharing their language and culture with others, makes our school's courses so appealing to its students.
Whether in the classroom, during the school's fiestas and evening activities, or as guides on the excursions, our team's continual dedication ensures that every opportunity is taken to allow you, the student, to learn, practice and perfect your Spanish. We have our own Teacher Training Course. This is the only way to ensure thorough training and that consistent methodological techniques are acquired.
You can benefit of a varied program of spare-time activities. The school organizes regular lectures, half-day excursions, full-day excursions to Seville, Granada, Málaga and other destinations.
If you have any energy left after all these activities, our school offers Social Activities such as Cooking Classes, Flamenco dancing, and if you need more action, you can participate in Sport Activities like volleyball, basketball, tennis, diving. All excursions and activities are accompanied by someone from the school. You learn a language much more quickly when you are having fun!
Our school's extra-curricular program is the perfect complement to our courses, and our location allows you to visit with ease the most important historical and cultural attractions of Andalusia. Every activity or excursion is guided by a member of our teaching staff, which gives you the opportunity to practice your newly acquired language skills in real life situations.
* Full-Day Excursions: Participate in our full day excursions and take time to sample in depth the delights of Seville, Granada (La Alhambra, Sierra Nevada), Córdoba, Málaga, Ronda, Gibraltar, etc.
So as not to interfere with the course work the full-day excursions are held on weekends.
* Half-Day Excursions: Visit the famous Nerja Caves, typical Arabic mountain villages, or take a boat trip to beaches inaccessible by car. If you don't wish to travel too far but want to make the most of your time visiting the local area with the detailed information and local knowledge of our staff, then these excursions are for you.
* Social Activities: Become part of our school and make new friends by attending our many social activities which include: Welcoming parties for new students, Sevillana dance classes, cookery classes that enable you to taste and cook the local cuisine, photographic safaris, barbecues, video film evenings, visits to the cinema or theater and much more.
* Sporting Activities: Nerja´s newly opened football and athletics stadium complete the list of different sports that can be practiced in and around the town. Skiing (Sierra Nevada), swimming, sailing, fishing, diving, volleyball, basketball, tennis, golf, hiking, horse-back riding and cycling. Our school also works with a specialized local adventure center that can organize other sports for those looking for more action.
Tapas, culture classes, sports, movie nights, flamenco evenings, excursions to Malaga, Sevilla, Granada, Cordoba, Gibraltar, Nerja Caves, Flamenco Classes, and more.
The school is centrally located only 300 m from the beach. Quorum's quiet surrounding make it an excellent place to study. Set in an original Andalusian house where you can enjoy classes and make friends while sipping a free coffee from our cafeteria during the break. Our school's bright and fully-equipped classrooms provide a tranquil atmosphere in which to learn. The school has air-conditioned rooms during the summer months, and heated ones for the winter.
Make use of our school's video room, study room, bookshop and library to practice your Spanish and build upon subjects taught in class. Keep in touch with friends and family by using our internet, fax and telephone facilities. Internet and multimedia room, library, cafeteria, patio, study room, 6 classrooms.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Minimum cost is for four weeks of the Grammar or Conversation course (10 h/week). Maximum is the price of four weeks in the Super Intensive course (30 h/week). The Intensive (20 h/week) for four weeks is 500 Euro.
- course materials.
- a welcome drink.
- a handout information about our school, accommodations, facilities, etc.
- continuous evaluation.
- use of newspaper, magazines and books from our library.
- attending seminars, lectures and parties organized by our school.
- your student card, which offers discounts in many establishments in Nerja.
- an attendance certificate or diploma.
- a departure party.
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2005
Client Request Served: 4
Welcome to M05465. Our school gives you, the student, the ideal location from which to base your studies, blending perfectly our extensive language teaching experience with the warm character of the Andalusians and the enviable climate of the Costa del Sol. Especially designed courses, select small groups, and a...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: