Our Spanish institute is a Spanish Language School with over 21 years of experience. Our students learn from the outset to think and speak in Spanish. We are located in the Historic center of the city of Puebla, Mexico. The program is an intensive 6 hours per day program, four hours in group classes and two hours of individual conversation to get your Spanish conversation skills up as quick as possible.
* Courses: Our goal is to help you communicate in Spanish. There are four areas of communication: listening, reading, writing, and speaking. In our program we consider all four areas. Our standard program has five levels: Beginner, Beginner/Intermediate, Intermediate, Advanced and Superior. You can specify which level you would like to enter or you can take our placement exam (The result of this exam is approximate) which will determine which level to start at.
The duration of our courses is 4 weeks; which is the ideal time to complete one of our five levels. Our courses are intensive 6-hours a day in which two of them are actually hands on Spanish. You will receive as part of your course a Textbook, a Workbook to accompany your textbook, a Verb-conjugation book (5,000 verbs), and a Spanish Encyclopedic Dictionary. Morning classes are from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (maximum 6 students). Afternoon classes are from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (one student/instructor).
- Morning classes: In the morning you will cover different components of the language. You will have Spanish Grammar, Spanish Vocabulary and Practice, Interactive Lab, Spanish Reading, Pronunciation, Culture, Writing, etc.
- Afternoon classes: In the afternoon you will have one-on-one hands on practice of the grammar and vocabulary you learned in the morning classes as you practice your Spanish Conversation with a Native Speaker. The Native Speaker will escort you to places of interest and talk to you in Spanish. You will be given a list of all the places of interest in Puebla with an explanation of each, so you will be able to decide which places you will like to visit. Places within walking distance.
* Accommodation: Our home stay program is a very important part of your overall language experience. You will stay with a host-family, unless you request differently in which case we will work with you to find adequate hotel accommodations. Our host-families are carefully screened to have a very helpful attitude towards students. We have also selected homes that offer a level of comfort not too far from what you are used to finding in your home country.
Our selection process assures that all our students will have a comfortable and pleasant stay in Puebla. Although our host-families receive a compensation to provide you a home, they do enjoy having a foreign student as a guest. All three meals will be provided. Normally you will eat the same food as the family; unless you have indicated special diet restrictions on your application form. In which case we will communicate to your host family about your needs.
In an orientation meeting you will be informed of any cultural differences that may exist between a Mexican family and one from your home country. Sharing your time and meals with your family is one of the best opportunities you will have to practice your Spanish and learn more about Mexican culture and values.
* Student comments: "The program is wonderful! I would recommend it to any of my friends and family! My host family was the best. Everyone at the office always willing to help."
Panate Griffin - Insurance Executive, Austin, TX, USA: "Overall, I liked the program a lot. I have attended two other language schools and I think this was the best. We were on the go just about all the time. My teacher was the best teacher I have had". Pat FitzGerald - Lawyer, Mt. Horeb, WI, USA.
"This program has exceeded my expectations. This was my first visit to Mexico, and I am very happy to have had this great experience. Great Spanish immersion and conversation aspect to the program." Eleanor Oakes - Teacher, Redwood City, CA, USA.
All our faculty members have a College or Masters Degree in Linguistics or Teaching Spanish as a Second Language. Our Director has 20 years in Spanish Teaching including 8 years as Professor and Spanish Coordinator at the University of Oklahoma.
Our Director, Antonio Prado, was born in the United States in 1963. His parents are both from Spain. He speaks both Spanish and English as native languages. He lived 13 years in Latin America, especially Costa Rica. He attended both The University of Texas at Austin and the University of Oklahoma. He received his college degree from the University of Oklahoma.
In 1992 he began teaching Spanish at the University of Oklahoma and in 1995 became the Spanish Coordinator for the University of Oklahoma. He was in charge of curriculum for all the Beginning Spanish Courses and coordinated all the Spanish Instructors.
He has taught Beginning Spanish, Spanish Composition, Spanish Reading, Spanish Grammar, Spanish Conversation, Business Spanish, Street Spanish and many more courses at the University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma Community College.
He has participated in editing many of the beginning Spanish Books used in the United States and reformatted the University of Oklahoma Beginning Spanish program to make it one of the most sophisticated and demanding programs in the United States.
He was hired as Director of the Spanish Institute of Puebla in July of 1998. His experience in teaching Spanish as a Second Language and his understanding of both the American and Spanish culture make him a great asset for our Institute.
The program includes two trips: One to Teotihuacan, the biggest archaeological site in America; and the other one to Cholula, the pyramid with the biggest base in the world. We have three optional excursions that you may take.
- Teotihuacan: The city of the gods. It is one of the most renowned and most explored archaeological sites on the American continent. It is located 33 miles northeast of Mexico City. We will visit the Pyramid of the Moon, the Temple of Quetzalcoatl, the great Pyramid of the Sun and the museum.
- Cholula: Temanapa Pyramid. A major religious center before the arrival of the Spanish. Today it is a fascinating archaeological site. The "Great Pyramid" was the largest pre-industrial structure in the Western Hemisphere. It is only about 190 feet high, but its base is twice the size of the Cheops pyramid in Egypt.
A modern facility with video lab, conference room, computer lab with over 12 computers all connected to the Internet with a T1 connections to e-mail family and friends back home. Our classrooms are equipped with air-conditioning, ergonomic adjustable chairs, large desks, overhead projectors, fluorescent lighting, etc.
Our computer lab is equipped with Multimedia, with the latest in software packages; programs ranging from pronunciation practice to vocabulary building. We also have VCR/TV combos so students can watch Spanish movies from our wide selection of movies. In addition the lab has access to the Internet for research or e-mail.
Our video/projection room is equipped with the latest theater style audio system as well as a Big Screen TV. The room is used for special presentations and for classroom viewing of videos or movies. Our facility has two student lounges for relaxing or studying in between, before or after classes. Purified water is also available in our facility as well as refreshments and snacks.
The cost will depend on the number of weeks you attend the program. Our regular program is for four weeks and runs $1,695.00, but you can take our individual program for one week that runs $525.00 Everything is included in this price except round trip ticket from your home country to Puebla and your laundry.
The cost of our four week program is only $1,845.00 USD and includes:
- Registration and books
- 4 weeks of instruction ( see start dates )
- 30 hours a week of instruction. ( 6 hours a day )
- Pick up and drop off at the Puebla airport. (Mexico City airport $80.00 extra)
- Orientation of Puebla, customs and culture
- Homestay with family
- 3 meals a day
- Use of Computer Lab
- Free email access
- Trips to Teotihuacan and Cholula
- Daily trips to museums, theaters, parks, movies
- Closing ceremony banquet.
* Eight Weeks - $3,495.00
* Twelve Weeks - $4,995.00
* Sixteen Weeks - $6,395.00
* Twenty Weeks - $7,595.00.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2005
Client Request Served: 6
Spanish Language School for individuals that are serious about learning or improving their Spanish. Our program is an intensive program of 6 hours per day, four hours of group classes and two hours of individual conversation to get your Spanish conversation skill up as quick as possible. Our students learn from the...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: