Our school, situated in the elegant heart of Turin, is a small, friendly and informal school. The "class rooms" of the school are the region around Turin and the Piedmont area. The "books" are life, art and the landscapes of Piedmont.
Our school offers to its students a wide range of theoretical and practical courses and seminars on many aspects of history, arts, architecture and traditions of the Piedmont area and of Turin. These courses can be combined with our individual lessons or with our mini-groups courses.
We are convinced that to learn Italian it is also important to learn about the many cultural aspects which are characteristic for the places you visit. The school offers courses and work-shops will be organized according to the interests of the students.
- Work-shops: 3 hours a week (in the afternoon), theoretical lesson and documentation on the topic.
- Cultural courses: 6 to 8 hours a week (in the afternoon).
Theoretical lessons, documentation on the topic, activities related to the topic of the course (visits to museums, places of the city etc.): the teaching method requires the students to participate actively in their lessons. Audio-visual media, photos, films, documentation and itineraries in and around the city will complete the theoretical part of the lessons.
- Applied and decorative Arts: the school organizes upon request courses in applied and decorative arts, as for example:
* Water painting: the course includes a theoretical part on the basic knowledge of colors and water painting techniques and a practical part carried out partly in the rooms of the school and partly outside, on Turin's beautiful hillside.
* Stencil techniques: the course aims to teach the students simple stencil techniques which can be applied to different materials: paper, textiles, walls and wood to create special and unique objects.
* Bandera stitching: an introduction to Piedmont's typical stitching techniques which were used at the Savoyan court during the 17th century. The main topics of the course will be some information on the history of this stitching technique, on the textile materials used and on the main characteristics of piedmontese baroque drawings.
- Religion: The course will introduce with photos, slides and guided tours the following topics:
* The route of the pilgrims: presentation of the route of the pilgrims of the Middle Ages on their way to Rome, of the places, the abbeys and the monasteries which witness the spirituality of the past and of the present.
* The history of the Holy Shroud: the course or seminars aims to present to the student one of the biggest mysteries of Christianity: the Holy Shroud, which has been kept in Turin since several centuries. Part of the course will also be a visit at the Museum of the Holy Shroud.
The lessons will be held by highly experienced and qualified mother-tongue teachers in a direct communicative method which will motivate the students to participate actively in their lessons and extra scholar activities. Together with real professionals of the region activities like cooking workshops, wine tastings, sight-seeing tours and visits to museums will be organized. In this way language learning will become a real cultural experience.
Our school offers to its students:
- private lessons
- classes in small groups and
- standard courses.
The courses are organized according to the level of the students, i.e. for:
- advanced beginners
- advanced intermediate
The main target of the courses is to improve communication skills, nevertheless listening comprehension as well as reading and writing abilities will also be focused on. This is also valid for the language holiday courses as well as for the special and the job related courses.
Private lessons, courses in small groups and standard courses con be integrated with the school's cultural courses, which are enrich the language course with knowledge about the place visited and with many different extra-curricular activities. The duration of a course will depend on the type of course chosen. Language holidays can be extended individually by the participants through adding private lessons or courses in small groups.
* Private lessons: Private lessons are for those people who want to learn Italian intensively, with a flexible program, customized according to the needs of the student. Private lessons are suitable for those students who have to learn Italian for business reasons (f.ex. employees of foreign companies in Italy who have to work for a period of time in Italy). Private tuition is for all levels of knowledge (beginners, advanced, conversation, business Italian etc.)
Normally we offer one week courses of 20 hours (55 minutes per hour). But thanks to the flexibility of this kind of course, the student can ask for 15 hours, 30 hours or for 40 hours courses lasting 2, 3 or 4 weeks. Individual courses can be also combined with Cultural courses and seminars. Courses can start every Monday.
* Courses in small groups: Courses in small groups are for 2 to 4 people. They are suitable for people who want to learn Italian intensively. They can be organized according to the needs of the students. The students can ask for 15, 20, 30 and 40 hours courses (55 minutes per hour) lasting 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks. The flexibility of this kind of course allows to define together with the students also the contents of the lessons.
This kind of courses are organized for all levels of knowledge (beginners, advanced, conversation, business Italian etc.). Courses in small groups can also be combined with Cultural courses and seminars. Courses can start every Monday.
* Standard courses: Standard courses are courses for 5 to 10 people. They are suitable for people who want to learn Italian in a group meeting other people. Though lessons are held for a group, our teachers will adapt the contents of the course to the needs of the group. We offer 15, 20, 30 and 40 hours courses (50 minutes per hour) lasting 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks.
This kind of courses are organized for all levels of knowledge (beginners, advanced, conversation, business Italian etc.). Standard courses can also be combined with Cultural courses and seminars. Courses can start every first Monday of the month.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend