Our institute is the Burlington area's only AAA Four Diamond resort hotel which features the northern most campus of the acclaimed our Culinary Institute. Set in a Vermont country setting on 18 beautiful acres, Inn guests enjoy on-site golf, tennis, heated pool, culinary-theme gardens and in-room spa services in addition to world class culinary experiences. Guest rooms and suites have recently been redesigned by Vermont's own designer - Susan Sargent.
Susan's use of bold colors, plush fabrics and unique design lend a "country-eclectic" flare to the resort that is unmatched in our region. From cozy fireplace rooms and extended-stay kitchen suites to invigorating whirlpool suites, the Inn caters to every desire.
Dining is an unforgettable event. Each of the Inn’s restaurants-Butler’s and The Tavern-offers gourmet cuisine prepared by 190 chefs and students of our Culinary Institute. Butler’s features gourmet American Cuisine while The Tavern features Casual American Fare. Customized hands-on cooking classes are also a must in the Inn's Dacor Culinary Theatre.
* Take your palate on a world-class culinary vacation: Set aside the notion that a perfect vacation means staying out of the kitchen. Instead, make cooking your focus, and develop a taste for Vermont with a first-class culinary vacation at our institute. This Vermont country resort prides itself on delicious fare as a signature feature.
Savor the exquisite creations of experts in the world of contemporary cuisine. Take a cooking lesson, and rediscover the joy of this expressive art form. The highly respected our Culinary Institute offers an array of unique experiences to tempt your palate, including:
- Chef "Inn" Training, a hands-on three-course dinner demonstration where you can savor your own creation. Enjoy Chef Tyler Lighthart's nightly choice of menu - featuring fresh, local ingredients with innovative flair.
- Customized Private Dining With Your Own Personal Chef, an intimate event experience that provides an unmatched culinary experience for parties of two to ten. Savor a private customized tasting menu, where our skilled chef instructor will create, prepare, and serve each creative course right before your eyes.
- Culinary Demonstrations, showcasing Chef Tyler Lighthart's amazing versatility with fresh, regionally sourced fare and European cuisine. Choose from a variety of classes. Learn how to pair a variety of gourmet cheeses with unique and popular wines, or discover the secrets of local micro brews. The options are endless.
* What's Cooking At our Culinary Institute: Now celebrating its 25th anniversary, the New England Culinary Institute (NECI) has basked in the glory of many prestigious awards - including the 2004 Cooking School of the Year. Experience our notable teaching restaurants, where future world-class chefs prepare cuisine under the watchful eyes of dedicated chef instructors. As the premier our institute, we're proud of our association with this reputable organization. Whether you're looking for an intimate table for two or an exquisitely presented culinary experience, choose one of our area restaurants to suit your needs, including:
- Butler's Restaurant at our institute, featuring fine dining and new interpretations of classical cuisine in a warm, elegant setting.
- The Tavern at our institute, offering a casual dining event with fabulous food, fun, drinks, and a children's menu.
- Dacor Culinary Theatre, providing an intimate venue for customized "Chef's Table" dining for parties of two to 10.
- Chef's Table in Montpelier, focusing on regional ingredients, innovative cuisine, and gracious service in an intimate setting.
- Main Street Grill & Bar in Montpelier, offering contemporary American fare in a casual ambiance, with a children's menu.
- La Brioche in Montpelier, featuring a European-style café specializing in basked good, pastries, and artisan breads.
As the distinguished home of our Culinary Institute, our company has set a delicious new standard for Burlington Vermont hotels and resorts - serving up warm hospitality just for you. Discover the perfect blend of stately old-world charm and contemporary four-diamond luxury in an exquisite setting.
Customized private dining with a personal chef, offered by our Culinary Institute for intimate parties in the Dacor Culinary Theatre. Chef "Inn" Training, offered by our Culinary Institute for a hands-on, three-course dinner demonstration, in which you savor your own creations. Chef Tyler Lighthart's culinary demonstrations, which showcase the chef's versatility and creativity with an exciting calendar of menu options.
Countless Things To Do Near Our Vermont Luxury Resort. On-site, guests enjoy golf, tennis, beautiful gardens, weekend bon-fires, walking trails and outlet shopping. Burlington, Lake Champlain and skiing in the beautiful Green Mountains are all nearby.
The fun never ends at our institute. Whether your tastes run from wine tasting and museums to the wonders of nature and science, you'll find a variety of exciting activities and attractions. Watch your children's faces light up during a visit to the Echo Lake Aquarium and Science Center. Relive colonial history at the Ethan Allen Homestead. Whether you visit our alluring resort in the warm summer or cool, crisp winter, you'll discover many great nearby activities to peak your interests, including:
* Outdoor Sports - Groomed cross-country skiing and snowshoeing trails for all levels, an ice-skating oval, and a sledding hill make this a great place for both serious Nordic skiers and families looking for a fun afternoon in the snow.
* Ice Climbing and Other Outdoor Activities - Whether you are a seasoned expert or just want to try something new, enjoy some of the best ice climbing in New England with one of our veteran AMGA Certified Guides.
* Balloon Rides with Above Reality Tours - Soar in a hot-air balloon far above the earth while enjoying snowy mountain vistas and a bird's-eye view of Lake Champlain. You can customize or personalize any flight, and don't forget to ask about Ladies' Day.
* Land Rover Driving Classes - The 4 x 4 Driving School is just minutes from our institute. It is an exhilarating and challenging experience on 600 acres of driving conditions of all types.
* Fly Fishing - Enjoy a full day on the river with an experienced guide.
* Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory - Watch a cool video on how Ben & Jerry's got started, tour the facility, and even get a free sample of the ice cream of the day.
* The Vermont Teddy Bear Company - Delight in the whimsical world of the Vermont Teddy Bear Company. Take the fun-filled tour, browse for unique gifts or create your own teddy in the "Make a Friend For Life" fun shop. A must stop for the whole family.
* Lake Champlain Basin Science Center - Features exhibits such as "Buzz, Croak & Warbles," "Song of the Wetlands," "Secrets of the Lake," and "The Sea That Used to Be." Marvel at live turtles, snakes, frogs, fish, sea stars, and sea urchins. Immerse yourself in demonstrations and hands-on interactive exhibits. Open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the summer.
* ECHO at the Leahy Center for Lake Champlain - ECHO is Vermont's premier lake aquarium and science center, featuring more than 60 species of fish, amphibians, and reptiles, and 100 hands-on interactive exhibits. ECHO is open year-round from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and until 8 p.m. on Thursday nights.
* Boyden Valley Winery - Visit the winery for a tour and tasting - or even better, a tour of the vineyard and winery, followed by a wine tasting accompanied by Vermont cheeses and fresh breads.
* Magic Hat Brewing Company - The Magic Hat Brewing Company blends ancient alchemy and modern-day science to produce the best tasting beer on the planet.
* Flynn Theater for the Performing Arts - The historic Flynn theater began as a vaudeville house, was transformed into a movie theater during the Golden Age of Hollywood, and has now come into its own as northern Vermont's foremost performance center. It has hosted a wide range of nationally and internationally acclaimed performers, including Frederica von Stade, Shawn Colvin, and Mikhail Baryshnikov.
* Vermont Mozart - The Inn at Essex is a proud supporter of Vermont Mozart. These seasonal events are worth planning your entire vacation around.
* Vermont Symphony Orchestra - A centerpiece of the Burlington arts scene for over 60 years, the Vermont Symphony Orchestra performs regularly at the Flynn Theater in Burlington from October to May.
Our Culinary Institute at our company is a fully accredited institution that was voted the Vocational Cooking School Of The Year! Programs are offered at our institute in their Dacor Culinary Theatre. Here, participants learn requested techniques in a state-of-the-art facility under the watchful eye of one of our Culinary Institute Chef Instructor.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Prices vary according to services requested. Programs consist of demonstrations, hands-on cooking classes and customized private dining. Overnight accommodations are additional.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2005
Nestled on 18 acres between the vistas of the Green Mountains and the splendor of Lake Champlain, The Essex is Vermont’s Culinary Resort & Spa.
As the Burlington area’s only AAA Four Diamond hotel, The Essex is a true destination, offering a full-service Spa and Fitness Center, cooking classes at Cook...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: