On request we are pleased to arrange cooking lessons for specific purposes and for larger groups. Prices are in accordance with type of course, group, content of lessons etc.
Here, there are some dishes students usually prepare and eat:
- Appetizers: Tuscan canapé (crostini) (made with chicken liver); Mushroom canapé; Bruschetta (toast Tuscan bread with fresh tomato, olive oil on it),
- First courses: (pasta) Hand made pasta. Tortelli and ravioli (for example tortelli are pasta pockets stuffed with mashed potatoes, parsley, egg, parmigiano cheese, garlic). Meat gravy. Spaghetti alla Carbonara (egg, bacon, black pepper, seasoned cheese sauce). Trenette al pesto (a sort of spaghetti with a basil, pine seed, olive oil, seasoned cheese sauce), Lasagne,
- Second courses: Stufato alla sangiovannese, arista,
- Desserts: Bianco mangiare (a sort of panna cotta, but in its traditional attire), Rice pancakes, Tiramisù.
1. Introduction to wine production (from grapes to bottles)
2. Some "rules" to taste a wine (eye-nose-mouth; the bottle; the farm; the brand; the area)
3. Chianti: between law and tradition - Chianti Classico or Chianti dei Colli Fiorentini?
4. Tuscany: what beyond Chianti?
5. Red, white, rosé.
6. Riserva - D.O.C.G. - I.G.T.
7. Main combinations food/wine
8. Right glasses for right wines
Wine Lessons by our school
Lessons: two 3-hour lessons to be attended in 1 or 2 weeks.
Tasting: during the 2 lessons, the students will taste 6 different wines (at least 1 Chianti Classico Riserva), mostly from Tuscany.
Minimum number of participants: 2 (when the minimum number of participants will not be reached, we will be glad to offer the course anyway. In this case only 3 bottles of wine will be tasted and lessons will be shorter).
Tuscany is surely a gifted territory for wine. Worldwide people in the past have associated Italian wine with Chianti and in many Countries continue till now.
In fact the "Chianti Classic Gallo Nero" (black rooster) has been one of the first Italian wines to be exported, mainly to the USA, wine tasting by our school but also to South America and to far eastern countries such as Australia and Japan. There are so many brands of Chianti wines. As a consequence there is always room for more information and more wine tasting.
But Tuscany is also home to other delicious and very appreciated wines such as the Vernaccia of S.Gimignano, the "Vino Nobile di Montepulciano", all D.O.C.G. (controlled origin guaranteed and) to end with the top quality wine the "Brunello of Montalcino" considered, together with the Barolo and Barbaresco, to be the first 5 top wines in Italy.
Our wine lessons purpose is to make the foreign wine lover more acquainted with the wide variety of Tuscan wines, to better appreciate their properties and to accompany them with local food ingredients. Apart from lessons, our students will be invited to join our excursions to the most breathtaking landscapes and scenarios along the Chianti area.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend