Language courses in our school in Barcelona or abroad, work programs in Great Britain, Ireland and The United States. Au pair, translations, interpreters, touristic guides and hostess from 1985 we have specialized in offering people the possibility to communicate in various languages, to travel to other countries and to know different cultures from ours. Young and old. Personal, professionals or companies.
Our methodology is dynamic, communicative and participative and this is our way to teach you. Not just the rules of grammar, but a language to use and communicate in. Our material is both modern and effective. We consider not just grammar and written work to be important, but also conversation which will enable you to use Spanish quickly in order to communicate. Remember, our teachers will teach you Spanish in Spanish.
We work with small groups. The average size is seven and the maximum ten. In this way, the teacher can dedicate more time to students and thereby help their learning. Totally renovated in January 2003 with a modern and attractive design which makes Kingsbrook a perfect place to study Spanish.
* The city: Our city is one of the most beautiful and fashionable cities in Europe. With a population of 3 million people and located in the Mediterranean sea, it is the cultural and economic center of Catalonia in Northern Spain. Taking a walk in Barcelona is unbeatable!
There is Gothic and medieval architecture in the labyrinthine Old town, Gaudí's modernist buildings such as La Pedrera or La Casa Batllo in the Eixample quarter, Las Ramblas with its human statues, the Sagrada Familia, the Olympic village by the sea and the beaches just 20 minutes from the school and the Barceloneta quarter with its terraces to try the typical Spanish tapas.
All year round this vibrant city organizes festivals like Sonar (the most important electronic music festival in Europe), Grec (a music, theater and dance festival in summer), the World Music Festival and international events like the Formula 1 and Motorcycle GP, or the next Forum of the Cultures in 2004.
You will enjoy sunny and mild weather all year which makes Barcelona a perfect place to study Spanish anytime. It doesn't matter, day or night, there is an exciting atmosphere. Life in Barcelona is great, you will see!!
- Courses: You can find courses to suit all requirements. They are from semi-intensives for those who have limited time or are working, to really intensive Spanish courses for those who want to advance very quickly in a short space of time. We have classes in the morning, afternoon or evening and special courses with History, Art, Gastronomy and Flamenco, or Business concepts or Internships are also available.
* The D.E.L.E. (Diploma de Español de Lengua Extranjera / Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language) is the only certificate in Spanish as a foreign language which is officially recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports. This diploma is gaining more and more relevance internationally, especially for those who wish to study in a Spanish speaking university, or anyone who wants to work in a Spanish speaking country.
There are two sittings of the exam throughout the world in May and November of each year, as well as a special sitting in August in Spain. The D.E.L.E. is structured in three levels: Initial, Intermediate and Superior. The latest date in which to register for the exam is usually approximately a month before it takes place.
* Initial Level: Credits a level of Spanish sufficient to control situations that require a basic level of communication.
* Intermediate Level: Credits a level of Spanish sufficient of autonomous communication in day to day situations where specialized language is not required.
* Superior Level: Credits an advanced level of communication competency in any given situation, in addition to cultural knowledge.
* Business Courses: Nowadays, due to globalisation and the information super highway, the huge importance of communication at all levels and thereby the knowledge of more than one language by professionals within a business is obvious. For this reason, we offer special courses to businesses and professionals especially directed and focused on them.
These courses, based on 'packs' of hours, permit broad flexibility in the learning of a language for managers and workers adapting to different hourly or daily timetables and intensities. We have introduced this system precisely because we realize that in today's business world it is every day becoming more difficult to meet with the restrictions of very strict courses.
We are conscious of the fact that this is the only way for students to take advantage of 100% of the classes in which they are registered, and the businesses or professionals recuperate the investment that a language course represents.
Our pedagogic team will undertake a study of the particular needs of each business and its respective market with the aim of obtaining the most benefit for, and meeting the current communicative needs of, the company. The courses can be in groups or individual, with materials specifically geared to the labor market pertaining to each business.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend