The school is situated in the heart of Nice on the French Riviera in a beautiful building from the 19th century with a large sunny terrace. Why not combine an intensive French course at our school in Nice with the advantages that the South of France offers you: Mediterranean climate and landscapes, picturesque villages, delicious cooking and interesting shopping possibilities!
If you choose our school you can combine studying the language with an unforgettable stay on the “Cote d’Azur”. Nice is famous for its beaches, for its beautiful city, its luxury hotels and culinary specialties. Apart from this you will be fascinated by the variety of museums and cultural and sportive events that take place all year round. By the way Nice offers possibilities for easy traveling to get acquainted with the coast and all cities and villages nearby.
What makes our school different from other schools is that we only offer intensive courses (30 lessons per week) and small classes - 10 students maximum in our standard group and 3 maximum in our mini group. That’s why the students can actively participate in the course and teachers are able to concentrate on individual questions and problems.
Another advantage is the organization of the courses: vocabulary, grammar or conversation. This division clearly structures the program and makes it transparent. Every unit offers a different working subject and requires therefore another teacher, so the students won’t get bored by the subject.
Our school adapts itself in order to offer you a large choice and as much freedom as possible. Lessons are given at all levels, from beginners to advanced. We teach General French or business French. We are also specialist for DELF and DALF exam preparation.
Our courses take place in the morning. The afternoon is at your disposal so that you can spend your free time on your hobbies or your job. You can start your course every Monday (except for special courses with fixed dates and for beginners).
Daily tuition is split into several equal units of 90 minutes (two 45-minute lessons) covering vocabulary, grammar and conversation. The grammar lessons concentrate on improving the students' insight into French grammar structures, whilst the vocabulary and conversation lessons take into consideration the interests of each individual student to improve their oral and written comprehension. The Head of Studies holds regular meetings with teachers to devise a weekly program tailored wherever possible to individual requirements.
This is possible because of the small number of students per class, and means that the courses are predominantly «made to measure». Grammar courses include lists of the grammatical rules covered in the day's program together with written and oral drills and exercises. Vocabulary and conversation lessons are supported by miscellaneous material, e.g. articles from the daily press, manuals and other.
Each lesson lasts 45 minutes. The courses are generally divided into 3 units of 90 minutes each concentrating on one special topic: vocabulary, grammar and conversation. The minimum age required for group courses is 18, except for pre-established groups.
Please accept advice from a specialist: an intensive course does not necessarily mean a maximum number of lessons over a maximum length of time. According to us, the most important criteria is the number of participants per class: the fewer the better because there are fewer students to share the teacher's attention and more time for each student to speak.
This is why you can choose between individual courses or very small group courses with either 3 or 8 participants per class. And last but not least: do not forget that each lesson generates a certain amount of individual homework for the next day. Group courses are arranged for a minimum of one or two weeks.
We offers the following different courses:
* Individual private lessons: (highly intensive for very busy people). Individual lessons are designed for people wishing to acquire basic language knowledge, broaden their existing knowledge or further their ability to communicate in a specific field.
Program contents depend on the student's specific professional and personal needs, for example in the fields of sales and marketing, negotiating techniques, banking, insurance, economics or various other areas. Students may choose from programs with a minimum of 4 lessons per day (Individual 20 = 20 lessons per week) to a maximum of 10 lessons per day (Individual 50 = 50 lessons per week).
* Group courses: We offer the choice between several types of group courses with an identical number of daily lessons (6 lessons per day) but with a differing number of participants. The small group course with a maximum of 3 participants requires a lot of concentration and hard work, but the small number of participants means that communication in real life situations will be effective in a relatively short time.
For a specific orientation of the vocabulary a supplementary Individual course or a Business French course may be booked in the afternoon. The general group course with a maximum of 8 participants is designed for those wishing to expand their knowledge of general everyday French.
* A special group course for beginners with a maximum of 8 participants: Is designed for those wishing to acquire basic knowledge in French. This is one of the rare courses that do not start every Monday. Group courses for beginners start once a month on the first Monday of the month (refer to program description for exact dates).
* Combined courses: We offer the possibility of combining courses General French group course in the morning, and business French in the afternoon or General French group course in the morning, and individual lessons in the afternoon (e.g. specialized vocabulary).
* Senior program: This is a special program combining French language tuition in the morning and a lively social activity program in the afternoon (stroll through the old town of Nice, cooking lessons, commented guided museum visits, excursions, etc.) conceived for students over 55 who wish to acquire basic knowledge in French or to brush up already existing knowledge with a multitude of interesting topics and emphasis on spoken French.
This course takes place during the most agreeable months in the south of France: in spring (March, April, May and June) and in autumn (September and October).
* Teacher refresher course: This course is only suited for French teachers wishing to brush up their knowledge of the French language, its culture and civilization and the latest language developments, teaching methods and materials. This course takes place during the summer holidays.
* High school exam preparation courses: These courses are held during the Easter and summer holidays and are suited for students wishing to improve their school grades in French in order to pass high school exams. The courses concentrate on French civilization and literature.
* DELF exam preparation courses: Our school prepares students for the DELF exams that take place in Cannes but can also be presented in the student's home country. Delf Stage/Level 1 consists of 4 exam units:
- A1 - general expression
- A2 - expression of ideas and feelings
- A3 - written expression
- A4 - language practice.
These 4 units must be acquired before trying to pass the DELF Stage/Level 2 which comprises 2 exam units:
- A5 - culture and civilization
- A6 - specialized expression.
We will gladly take care of your accommodation - in carefully selected private households, in single or double room with half-board (breakfast and dinner). Students with family accommodation are met by their host family upon arrival at the airport or the railway station. In selected hotels in single or double rooms (with breakfast), or in holiday flats; at preferential rates.
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend