Our school has been a recognized institute of further education in Hamburg since 1985. We are well known:
- for our modern foreign language courses;
- for a good, efficient and personal service;
- for quality in further education.
We have been approved by the quality control system "Weiterbildung Hamburg", and bear the seal of quality in further education. Our exceptional standards are monitored and assessed regularly. We have also been inspected and approved by "Tandem International"; the quality standards are binding for all Tandem schools and can be found on the website of the organization. A click on the seal will take you there.
At our school you will find a large selection of foreign language courses in the evening at various levels. Let us consult you, take a placement test and do a tryout session. Start right away - here you do not have to wait until the next semester. We start new courses when we find five participants at the same level. Welcome to Tandem! These courses run all through the year. You can join an existing group after a placement test and a free test lesson! We open new classes as soon as there are 5 (or even just 3) students at one level.
- Our courses: We offer intensive classes, certificate courses (Zertifikat Deutsch, Mittelstufenprüfung and TestDaF), evening classes on business German, phonetics and spelling as well as weekend seminars on job application training. You will meet people from Europe, America, Africa, Asia, Australia, and of course us, the locals! Your Tandem exchange partner will help you understand us better.
* German Language Courses All Year:
We offer German courses for all levels: A1 (Beginners), A2 (Elementary); B1 (Pre-Intermediate), B2 (Intermediate), C1 (Advanced 1), C2 (Advanced 2). Courses: Monday - Friday 10.00 a.m. - 1.15 p.m. or 1.45 p.m. - 5.00 p.m.; Participants: 4 - 12 participants. Courses include 20 lessons of 45 minutes each per week. All year courses (2 – 8 weeks): 250 – 920 Euros; Lodging: 168 – 672; Additional weeks: 112.50 Euros; Lodging: 84 Euros.
Also we have Summer Courses July/August (2 – 8 weeks): 300 – 1120 Euros; Lodging: 168 - 762 Euros. Including cultural offers, in the summer (July and August), an extensive cultural program to accompany your class.
* TestDaF certificate and exam preparation classes:
Our school is an accredited examination center for TestDaF. TestDaF is a language test for foreign students applying for entry to an institution of higher education in Germany or wishing to continue their studies at a German institution of higher education. You may take the TestDaF examination at any licensed test center worldwide - and of course, here with us, too! The examination fees are € 130. The course price for 80 hrs. is € 495.00 plus €20.00 for materials.
At our school students learn in a small group with a maximum of 10 per class, supported by modern teaching materials and methods. Our language course starts at your level. Our motto "More than language learning" is especially true regarding our language and educational travel projects as well as our special classes with a cultural program.
- Accommodation: Single rooms in a private home together with one, two, or more other German, often these are students. Bath and kitchen are shared, self-catering. This very popular way of life in Germany offers an excellent opportunity for both using the foreign language German, and getting to know people.
Single room with a German family, with children or without. Self-catering. Half board is available on request. Also we can reserve for you hotel rooms on request. Accommodation costs for hotel rooms in Hamburg start at EUR 35 per night.
Our school is conveniently located in the west of Hamburg, in Altona. It is noticeable to this day that Hamburg's "sister" used to be a town on her own until 1937. Today Altona is the favored place to work and live in for a colorful mixture of people from all corners of the world. Many young people live there. In Altona you'll find everything that makes Hamburg attractive: peace and liveliness, culture and commerce, the old and the new.
So you would like to take a German course with us in Hamburg? That's an excellent idea!
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend