More and more people across the world are taking advantage of a break from work or study to learn Spanish and immerse themselves in the rich culture of Mexico. Our Language Center offers you the opportunity of flexible Spanish language study programs together with the chance to live with a traditional family in Mexico.
Our qualified, native Spanish language teachers will ensure a fulfilling and educative experience for students of all levels and ages. We offer Regular and Intensive Spanish Programs for a period of time set by you. Many Spanish language courses concentrate on a strictly grammatical approach. However, our Spanish programs as well as covering all areas of Spanish grammar required, give you a more conversational and interactive learning experience to the Spanish language.
- Why choose our school? We are very flexible and will do everything to make your stay an unforgettable experience. As we are a small school the students can talk directly to the staff if they want any changes or have any suggestions. Changes are made quickly when necessary.
- Save and and comfortable environment: Tlaquepaque is very safe and over all the years we had never any problems with safety. You can walk here day and night without feeling unsafe.
- All accommodations at walking distance from the school. All our home stays, apartments, houses and budget rooms are at no more then 18 minutes walking from the school or center of Tlaquepaque. No long bus rides just a short walk in the morning.
- No subscription fees, no cancellation fees, no material fees, no placement fees, no hidden costs. Our prices are as simply divided in course fees, accommodation fees, airport transfer fees and tour fees. All are optional. If you are comparing prices make sure you get all the costs.
- 60 minutes lesson hours. Lesson hours are 60 minutes. Often lesson hours vary up to 45 minutes. All together this will be a lot of hours.
- Free internet and wireless internet access. You can use our internet for free from 8am till 2pm and again from 5pm till 9pm.
- Conversation classes and student interchange. Every Saturday we have conversation classes with our Mexican students who are learning English and during the week you can get a conversation partner where you can practice your Spanish with after your Spanish lessons at the school.
- Free volunteer work. During the week and in the weekends you can do volunteer work with an organization that helps children who live on the streets. Work varies from organizing activities to get the children ready for school.
- Student comments. Read our student comments. They are all real student comments. You can select students that studied here before and write them an email to see how their experience was.
- Miguel Muñoz 2005 - Present (Licenciatura Letras Hispanicas, University of Guadalajara)
- Laura Vasquez 2005 - Present (Licenciatura Letras Hispanicas, University of Guadalajara)
- Adriana Solis 2005 - Present (Licenciatura Letras Hispanicas, University of Guadalajara).
* Students per month average - 18
* Average student length of stay - 2 weeks.
- cooking classes
- free volunteer work
- tour to Tequila
- tour to Chapala and Ajijic
- hiking tour
- lucha libre
- volcano tour
- turtle camp
- salsa classes
- conversation classes
- student exchange.
* Tlaquepaque: There are plenty of things to see and do in Tlaquepaque. There is a walking tour available to help you get acquainted with Mexican lifestyle, the beautiful colonial architecture, churches and plazas. The Cultural Center of Tlaquepaque "El Refugio" is also within a short walk of our school where there are music, art and dance classes available throughout the week. Tlaquepaque is world famous for its artisan products and handcrafts. You can book a place on the tour through ourselves.
* Volcano Camping Adventure: This weekend hiking adventure takes you to the summit of a Volcano. Camping at an altitude of 3500 meters with a barbecue for dinner. See the stunning view at the peak at 4200 meters. Everything arranged - just bring some good walking shoes and maybe a guitar for a campfire singalong. Do this trip in a weekend between your course to explore some of Mexico’s beautiful nature.
* Visit the ruins of Teuchitlan: Visit this special archaeological site of 'los guachimontones' in Teuchitlán. Teuchitlán represents one of the first settlement systems with a civilized lifestyle in this area. The circular structures, over two thousand years old are found in the midst of the central valleys of Jalisco. Travel one and a half hours to the west of Guadalajara, in an area surrounded by hills and mountains to find these great archaeological ruins. Take in a visit to the excellent museum and free guide through the archaeological site to learn of the homesteads, temples and artifacts of these ancient peoples.
* Visit the Tequila factories: We´ll take you to the land of Tequila which is 30 miles west of Guadalajara. Discover the story of Mexico's national drink, its planting, harvest, distillation, aging process and taste. We visit the ranch “El Indio” where you can see the agave cultivating fields, get the feeling of an authentic Mexican ranch, then we´ll take you to the processing plant and explain the whole distilling process and show you the aging warehouses. We'll go to "la Quinta Sauza" to taste a good Tequila, here you can buy souvenirs. From here you'll go to the Restaurant to enjoy a fine lunch (not included). Return to Guadalajara.
Price: $250.00 PESOS
Duration: 6.5 hours
Days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
* Turtle Camp: Enthusiasm and a willingness to work hard are two key requirements for Sea Turtle conservation in Mexicala. You should enjoy the outdoors, be prepared to get involved in any activities required and for some physically hard work for building ecological huts and other facilities.
Also, be aware that you will be outside in the sun for most of the day, so bring plenty of sunscreen. You will be required to take part in night patrols as well as work during the day, which can get tiring. Basic Spanish would be beneficial but not limited in communicating with the local community.
Price: $110 USD (100 USD every additional week)
Duration: 1 week
Days: Leaving on Sunday.
- 10% discount on Spanish Course Fees.
Price does not include:
- Airport pickup
- Sleeping Bag.
* Cooking Classes: A taste of Mexico. Take the chance to learn how to cook a traditional Mexican meal - main course, sweet and fruit juice and pick up some useful food vocabulary and phrases along the way. Señora Ventura will show you the tricks of the trade and guide you into producing a delicious afternoon meal. The classes are on Saturdays and begin at 12noon. Eating usually commences around 3pm. So, sign up during the week and don the GLC apron for the Saturday Cooking Class!
Price: $ 200.00 PESOS
Duration: 3-4 hours
* Visit lake Chapala and Ajijic: This huge lake (the largest in the country) is situated 30 miles south east of Guadalajara. It is worth a visit to it's picturesque towns and villages along the shore. Chapala is a beautiful American residential colony, Ajijic an old rustic town with it´s craft shops, rugs, clothing, leather goods and silver jewelry. You will have one hour for lunch.
Price: $200.00 PESOS
Duration: 6 hours
Days: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday.
- 4 Classrooms
- 3 free internet computers
- 1 common area
- 2 bathrooms
- Refreshments and beverages
- Stationary Stall
- Spanish English library
- International Telephone service
- Guide books of Mexico Library.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
The minimum cost are for a regular one week Spanish Course which is 2 hours a day. The maximum cost are for an Intensive one week Spanish Course which is four hours a day.
Joined InfoHub: Jun 2005
Client Request Served: 41
M05141 was founded in 2004 by Wouter Stut and Craig Allan. Both were studying Spanish at the time in Guadalajara and were not really satisfied with the service they got. They got together in small room making the plans for starting a school. This all worked out fine at the school has currently around 60 students daily...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: