Flamenco is a genuine Spanish art, and to be more exact a genuine art of southern Spain. It exists in three forms: Cante Flamenco, the song, Baile Flamenco, the dance, and Guitarra Flamenca, guitar playing.
The flamenco dancing is the symbol of Spanish Culture. Although the dance on its own is called Sevillanas. Gypsies are very often named as its fathers, and it can be taken for certain that they play the most important part in its creation. But also the popular songs and dances of Andalusia have influenced early Flamenco considerably.
Certainly there were other influences, too, as it will not surprise in a country that has been dominated by most diverse cultures and civilizations during its different historical periods. There were the legendary Tartessos, and seven centuries of Muslim occupation hardly could have passed without leaving traces. All that, directly or indirectly, influenced Flamenco.
When trying to find the true origins of flamenco most studies totally disregard the history of the Southern Iberian Peninsula previous to the 18th century, it is nevertheless fair to think that the cultural mix that occurred in the history of Andalusia had something to do with the development of Flamenco, an artistic expression truly born to the people.
This course consists in 4 lessons daily like in the Intensive Spanish course and 2 lessons daily of Flamenco dancing classes. Even if you are complete beginner in Flamenco, you can do this course. This is how you can combine your hobby Flamenco dancing while learning Spanish and being on holiday in Spain.
* Night life in Málaga: Nightlife is in Málaga a special attraction. The nightlife you can find in the center of Málaga is only comparable to that of Mallorca or Ibiza during peak season and offers more bars per square meter than Paris, London or any other big city. The center of Málaga offers even more entertainment, such as beach parties, cinemas, wine-tasting, museums, flamenco dancing shows, and bullfights.
Málaga is a lively and happy city and the "crazy summers" on the beaches are famous nationwide in Spain. But not only during swim season but the whole year you will find an entertaining nightlife in Málaga, especially from Wednesday to Saturday. "Going out" for the people in Andalusia is part of their daily life just like the Flamenco. In one of the following parts of the city you can be sure that there will be pure nightlife.
* El Centro: In the historical center you can find most of the bars, restaurants and discos in Málaga. From Spanish music to music from the 80´s, rock music, rock, house, funk and jazz music, Málaga center has bars for everyone. In nearly all the bars the entrance is free and there are even some bars with life music for free. They used to be open until 4 o´clock, then you should go to some special bars with a license until 7 or longer.
* La Malagueta: This is a modern quarter close to the our academia school and the harbor with sky scrapers and many shops. The bars and restaurants at Malagueta are more expensive, more exclusive, and styled for young and modern people.
* Suburbs: El Palo y Pedregalejo: Some years ago, this was one of the biggest party spots. Now you can find there nice fish restaurants close to the beach, where especially foreign Spanish learners enjoy taking their meals. On Sundays it is worth having coffee in one of the coffee bars in first line to the sea.
* West coast: Puerto Marina, Torremolinos, Fuengirola: This are touristic zones you can enjoy in the summer months, the rest of the year it is quite calm there. In summer nightlife at the coast promises a lot. Especially at the popular party mile "Puerto Marina" in Benalmádena and in the center of Torremolinos, that you can reach in 25 minutes by train from our language school.You will find pubs and discos for every age and every type of music.
Notes for cost:
* Private lessons (45 min.): 21 Euros.
* Pick up from the airport on arrival day: 25 Euros; arrival + departure day: 45 Euros.
* The rooms are available to you from Sunday till Saturday morning (12:00 am).
The most important thing in any school if you wish to learn Spanish is your Spanish teacher. Our Spanish teacher team is especially motivated, highly qualified with a University degree and will take care on you. In class you should learn as rapid and as easy as possible, but you also should enjoy your classes. That is why our teachers are experienced but still have a lot of energy and motivation to make learning fun.
All our teachers are native speakers who, in most cases, have a working knowledge of other languages. The staff at our Spanish Language School does everything in their power to care for the students and ensure that everyone has highly enjoyable and unforgettable Spanish experience.
The range of cultural and leisure activities in Malaga is amazing and as versatile as the city itself. There is something for everyone. And what is better after you have passed your Spanish classes at our academia than meeting Spaniards during your free time?
Regularly theater, cinema and music festivals are organized in Malaga and they attract thousands of people. Art shows, museums and exhibitions as well as the beautiful cathedral are some examples of cultural activities you might enjoy in your spare time.
Whether it is sports activities, cultural events, excursions, entertainment or nightlife, Malaga offers a premium program for everyone. We are here to give you the best advice so that you can make the most of your time and enjoy your stay in Malaga as much as possible.
Besides the courses we always organize extra activities, always for our foreign students but also for our Spanish students learning English or German with us. With these school activities we can offer you the possibility to get in contact with locals and to practice the Spanish you have learned in real situations.
The activities in our school already organized are:
- Video show.
- DVD show.
- Different excursions: Marbella, Ronda, Sevilla, Córdoba, Granada, El chorro.
- Cultural events: Visit of the Picasso museum, museum of modern arts, etc.
- Sports: Football match, Beach volley, etc.
- Cooking together and much more.
We sincerely hope your stay in Malaga and the Costa del Sol will be an unforgettable experience.
The school is situated in the historic center of Málaga just in front of the “Palacio de la Aduana" in a newly renovated historic building dating from 1849 with great ambiance and two Spanish style patios and completely renovated and we have installed wireless rapid internet connection, multimedia room with DVD and Video.
Of course, all our foreign and Spanish students have internet access for free during our Business hours. The Alcazaba fortress”, the cathedral, the Picasso museum and all the shops, cafés, and restaurants are only between 50 and 100 meters away. On the other hand it is very close to the beach + the harbor.
In summer we also teach on one of our 3 "patios" with palm vegetation. A fully equipped kitchen is at our disposal for common cooking classes. We are sure that you will like this untypical Spanish school.
* Spanish & Flamenco:
- 2 weeks - 435€
- 4 weeks - 682€
- 8 weeks - 1295€
- 12 weeks - 1977€
- 16 weeks - 2590€
- Additional week - 216€.
Price Includes (on a 4-week basis):
- Course (20 or 30 lessons a week).
- Learning material (1 book / 4 weeks)
- Info guide with the best restaurants and bars
- Short town visit of Malaga
- Free high speed internet access (WiFi)
- Welcome-Party or Tapas-tour (food and drinks not included)
- Sevillanas dancing classes in summer (July, August, September)
- Cooking together (ingredients not included)
- Regularly extra cultural activities (often with Spaniards) or movie sessions
- Administration fee for a tandem partner (on request)
- Certificate / Diploma of the school.
Price Does Not Include:
- Week-end excursions.
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2005
Our school started in 1996 with English, German, French and Portuguese classes and have actually every month about 70-100 Spaniards studying with us these languages. Some years later we started also teaching Spanish. Our foreign students are not only learning the Spanish language, but have also contact with Spaniards...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: