The Valdarno region lies in a strategic position for the Tuscan artistic itineraries, halfway between Florence and Arezzo, not far from Siena drawing & painting courses in Tuscany Looking at its history we can understand the very special nature of this region where Masaccio was born and which attracted the attention of Leonardo da Vinci, who became directly acquainted with the area, studied its morphology and described and reproduced it in dated and signed designs. In the background of some of his paintings, such as the Mona Lisa, some art critics recognize the countryside of the "balze" of Valdarno. At our school you can practise your drawing and painting in such an environment!
The Drawing course, which we recommend to those who approach this technique for the first time, is aimed to: real-life charcoal drawing using the proportional method and study of chiaroscuro; study of real-life composition; copy from the great masters (portrait study); study of Tuscan landscape, pastel technique outline (facultative).
The Drawing and Painting course includes an introduction to (or a review of) the drawing techniques such as real-life drawing & painting courses in the favorite Leonardo da Vinci's landscape charcoal drawing using the proportional method and study of chiaroscuro and study of real-life composition as well as copy from the great masters (portrait and figure)and study of Tuscan landscape.
Besides, it offers the opportunity to learn the use of Watercolour or Tempera, with study of real-life compositions and Tuscan landscape and for the most advanced even the copy from great masters. Due the difficulty of water color techniques, the students wishing to study them are supposed to have a good basis of Drawing.
Our drawing and painting courses are held by professionals from outside the school. All teachers follow a method based on student communication, participation and involvement. Students are continually invited to practice the linguistic knowledge they have acquired, starting from a text they have read, listened to, or watched. However, Italian language lessons are planned by considering different students needs and requests.
Our standard monthly program includes most of the following activities:
- First day welcome meeting: we introduce our Italian language school to students and, on official starting dates, we offer a small buffet (it's all free!);
- Guided visits to Firenze (Florence) and surrounding areas;
- Weekend one-day visits to the most interesting towns in Tuscany (such as Pisa, Siena, Arezzo, Lucca, Volterra, San Gimignano) and, less frequently, Umbria (Perugia, Orvieto);
- Excursions to the countryside near San Giovanni (free);
- Visits and guided tastings of wine and extra virgin olive oil on farms in Chianti and other attractive areas close to San Giovanni (15/20 € including transfers and tasting);
- Afternoon shopping tours to Prada, Dolce e Gabbana, Bottega Veneta (Gucci, Armani etc.) outlets;
- Showings of Italian films (VHS) with a critical introduction (according to students' wishes) (free);
- On official starting dates, introduction tour in San Giovanni Valdarno (free) + dinner in local pizzeria or restaurants.
- Students are charged with costs of transfers, museum tickets, meals or wine/olive oil tasting Prices are very approximate: they are just to give an idea of costs. Suggestions for other activities are welcomed!
- Cooking classes;
- Italian courses;
- Wine lessons;
- History of Art;
- Antique Furniture;
- Italian Literature;
- Ceramic decoration.
In San Giovanni Valdarno, a delightfully small, medieval town in the heart of Tuscany, unstressed by tourist traffic, it's still possible to savor the taste Italian daily life. And because it's only minutes away from Florence, Arezzo, Siena and the Chianti district day trips are a simple, fascinating reality.
- Drawing and Painting (private or semi-private)
8 lessons - 160€
16 lessons - 320€
- Drawing and Painting (small groups)
8 lessons - 125€
16 lessons - 190€
About This Supplier
Joined InfoHub: Aug 2005
We are a small Italian language school for foreigners based in San Giovanni Valdarno. The school is managed and run by a typical extended Italian family: Anna Paola is the director and the teacher coordinator, while Erica, her sister-in-law, is the administrative manager, as well being in charge of student...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Art and craft workshop
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: