It is a school with a welcoming and familiar atmosphere, ideal for learning Italian in a relaxed and fun way. Our goal is to spread the Italian language and culture. It is brought into being by the idea of two teachers, who graduated in Modern Foreign Languages and Literature with a wide experience in the teaching field.
Courses are offered the whole year. They are organized into levels, with a limited number of students in each class in order to facilitate the students’ active participation and to encourage a quiet and relaxed working environment.
In addition to our language courses, the school also offers cooking courses and,on special request we can organize literature workshops and other courses for lovers of art. Our school promotes opportunities to get together like evenings in typical places in town, afternoons dedicated to the preparation of homemade pasta, travels to local fairs, guided tours of the town, excursions on the Apennines, visits to local wine, cheese and balsamic vinegar producers.
- Italian Language Classes:
These classes can be group courses (maximum 8 students) or individual lessons. Students can choose among modules of 20/40/60 hours of class with the possibility of more lessons in a week, according to their needs.
Among these courses the school also offers courses for companies, addressed to foreign employees of local firms. Classes can take place at the company itself, if desired. The program is always customized according to the participants’ needs. The school also organizes individual or group courses to prepare those students who wish to get CILS or CELI certifications.
- Learn Italian at the teacher's home :
- One-to-one homestay programs :
“Homestay” means private Italian tutorials at a qualified Italian teacher’s house. The teacher will host a student and will be at his/her disposal not only to offer regular Italian language tutorials, but also to promote the different aspects of the local culture and Italian family life. Italian tutors are carefully selected and constantly monitored.
The student will have the possibility to participate in the Italian tutor’s social and family life and will therefore be able to learn Italian in every moment of the day, chatting in a relaxed way with his/her teacher or teacher’s family, going to the cinema, to the theater, visiting friends or shopping.
This is the ideal solution for those who need to learn as much as possible in a short period of time and for those interested in entering in direct contact with our country’s family life and culture without interference with his/her mother tongue.
A weekly excursion in a place of historical, artistic or naturalistic interest is also included in the Italian family homestay program. The student will have a bedroom at his/her disposal and, when possible, a private bathroom. The rest of the house will be shared with the Italian host family.
- Study Italian Abroad Program:
The classes take place Monday to Friday and last at least two weeks. On the first day of the course the students will write an entry-level test to evaluate their knowledge of Italian in order to form homogeneous classes.
There are four levels:
* Beginner Italian: for beginning Italian students without a previous knowledge of the language. Aim: to be able to use Italian in simple, daily life situations.
* Elementary Italian: for students with who already have a beginner level of Italian grammar structures. Aim: to be able to express yourselves in different contexts through the widening of grammar and vocabulary knowledge.
* Intermediate level: for those students who have a good vocabulary base and a good knowledge of the language’s structure. Aim: to be able to have a fluent and correct conversation in order to express correctly their opinions on current topics.
* Advanced level: for those students who have already mastered Italian but wish to express themselves in a more correct and suitable way. Particular attention will be given to written expression and to different aspects of the language, according to the students’ interests.
Our method is based on a communicative-situational approach that aims to acquire the communicative competence through the promotion of the four basic skills at the same time (the ability to listen, speak, read, and write to understand and be understood), as outlined by the Council of Europe in the Common European Framework of Reference.
The students will be involved in order to create a welcoming, informal and relaxed atmosphere. Our goal is teaching the living and up-to-date language and spreading the Italian culture through role-playing and dramatization activities, discussions on current topics and on films, analysis of literary texts and newspaper articles, and listening to songs. In order to put into practice what has been learned in the classroom, the lessons include interviews with Reggio’s inhabitants and excursions to the market, to local shops, to travel agencies, museums and other locations.
The classes are small groups with a minimum of 3 students and a maximum of 8. Every lesson lasts 55 minutes. One afternoon a week it is possible to have two hours of free tutorial, during which the teacher helps students practice linguistic skills that need improvement.
In addition the school offers its help to those students who wish to get CILS or CELI certifications. Also, at the end of each course a certificate of attendance is given.
* Homestay courses, 10 hours a week - € 560;
* Homestay courses, 20 hours a week - € 998;
Homestay prices include:
- accommodation and board for 6 days and 6 nights
- teaching materials
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend