Noosa's climate is sub-tropical. The winter is warm and sunny at about 22ºC, and summer temperatures are usually less than 30ºC. Surfing, swimming and other water sports are available throughout the year. Noosa's natural beauty and climate invite locals and visitors to enjoy a healthy outdoor lifestyle, and regular visits from Noosa’s most famous locals – wild Koalas, Dolphins and Whales– offer a unique window into Australia’s natural heritage.
GV Noosa has a bright, modern campus located near shops, restaurants, cafes and cinemas, and is an easy 10 minute walk to world famous Noosa Beach. Various accommodation options, including homestay, sharehouse and short term apartment rentals are available.
* The English Programs:
- Intensive General English: An intensive, communication-based program, General English will:
* Increase your speaking, listening and conversation abilities;
* Improve your knowledge of practical grammar structures;
* Expand your vocabulary and improve pronunciation skills;
* Build your confidence to use English in a variety of settings.
- Cambridge Preparation: GV is offering four Cambridge Preparation Programs leading to the:
* Cambridge Preliminary English Test (PET);
* Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE);
* Cambridge First Certificate (FCE);
* Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE).
These programs are designed for students who already have an advanced level of English and wish to gain a thorough knowledge of the language.
- High School Preparation : High School Preparation classes are designed to ensure entry to mainstream high school courses in English speaking countries, while providing students with the study and language skills necessary to achieve academic success. Weekly sport and cultural activities are also an important part of the program.
- English for Academic Purposes (focus on IELTS/Focus on TOEIC): The English for Academic Purposes Intensive program provides you with the language and academic skills required for further studies in Australia. There are three components of the course:
* EAP 1, which is an introductory course;
* EAP 2, which prepares you for further study at a vocational of TAFE college;
* EAP 3, which prepares you for further study at an Australian university.
You can enroll anywhere from 8 to 24 weeks, depending on your level of English and your further study goals; The teaching materials used on the program are designed to give you realistic practice in the reading, writing, listening and speaking skills you will need when you are studying in an English–speaking situation.
- English and Surfing: Imagine taking an English class that would also give you the opportunity to learn and practice your favorite water sport! Offered at GV Noosa this program combines 2 weeks part time General English and 16 hours surfing lessons taught by Merrick Davis, a former World Surfing Champion. This relationship guarantees your stay will be professionally run both in the classroom and in the surf!
- English and Diving: Offered at GV Noosa only, this program will give students the opportunity to learn English and become a certified PADI Open Water diver. The program combines 2 weeks part time General English and dive courses.
- English & Diving Short course:
* 2 weeks part time General English;
* 1 day dive theory;
* 1 day diving.
- English & Diving: PADI Open Water Certificate
* 2 weeks part time Genera English;
* 2 days dive theory;
* 2 days diving.
Students taking this part time program will have the possibility to arrange their own diving sessions with the Scuba Diving Club as many times as they wish in addition to the dives included in the GE + Diving program (additional costs to be paid directly to the Diving Club).
- Summer Program: This program combines focused morning classes with action-packed afternoon and weekend activities and excursions. From carefully screened homestay families to supervised activities we spare no effort to create the safest possible conditions so that each student can make the most out of their once-in-a-lifetime experience.