If you've already done some life drawing you'll know how rewarding it is. But it can also be frustrating if you keep producing drawings but never have the opportunity to do finished paintings.
There will be a model for three hours each morning Sunday - Thursday, with a maximum of seven people on the course. Tuition and advice will be available if wanted, but the course isn't suitable for people who have not done life drawing before.
Easels are supplied, but not art materials. These can be supplied at cost. If you are using oils we recommend that you use dryers so that you can take the work home with you.
Apart from a few warm-up drawings, each pose will last all morning, and may be continued the following day. The well-lit studio is 25'x20' so there is room to change position if the pose isn't working for you. There is also the possibility of moving to the house and working in a domestic setting - or even in the garden.
A typical day:
• 8 - 9.30 Breakfast is informal, with fresh bread and croissants from the village bakery;
• 9.30 -12.30 Painting, with model in the studio;
• 12.30 - 1.30 Most people head to the pool before lunch;
• 1.30 Lunch - usually a spread of salads with local bread, cheese and charcuterie;
• Afternoon you're free to explore the region - or relax in the garden. You may want to go back to the studio later to continue working;
• 7.00 People tend to gather on the terrace before dinner, to check out what's cooking and chat over an aperitif. Dinner is a convivial affair that goes on well into the evening.
Le Cerf Gris is a restored Maison de Maitre at the edge of Moux, a village in the Corbieres wine region of the Languedoc in south west France.
Everything in the house is on a large scale, with high ceilings and marble fireplaces in most rooms. Upstairs there are six bedrooms and three bathrooms (one ensuite). Downstairs there is one bedroom (with ensuite bathroom), a comfortable book-filled sitting room, an office and a downstairs loo, as well as the big (45'x20') open-plan kitchen/diningroom/livingroom. The bathrooms & kitchen feature our own hand painted tiles, and there are many examples of our mosaic designs both inside and out.
The kitchen has lots of worktop space, a dishwasher and a serious cooker, with a large table by the windows for informal meals, or chatting to the cook. The other side of the room has a dining table for up to 16,and sofas by the raised fireplace. Double doors open to the west-facing terrace, overlooking the pool - a favorite spot for aperitifs.
The price includes:
- meals, including wine, beer and soft drinks;
- model for life painting : please bring your own art materials;
- trips out to the countryside in minibus, for Landscape painting;
- collection and return to Carcassonne airport/Narbonne station.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2005
Client Request Served: 77
Mary Horgan & Richard Williams have 13 years experience in ceramic design as Decoware: handpainted tableware, and as Smashing Tiles Mosaic, Ireland. We specialize in handpainted tile mosaic. We have undertaken projects for bars, cafes, restaurants and hotels, as well as private commissions and gallery works. Mary...
View this supplier profile | Submit your review
Please take this quick survey and tell us, in your opinion, how original is this trip?
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Art and craft workshop
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend
|Check out these similar vacation offers: