- Its location: on the beach in Southern Belize (go beach combing as the sun comes up), near reef and rain forest jungle, exotic flowers, birds and wildlife
- Its size: a small boutique spa where every guest feels special, and yet it will be large enough to offer a full range of treatments with our six friendly therapists
- Our adventure experiences: snorkel, dive, hike, kayak, fish, Mayan culture, are carefully integrated in to our relaxing therapeutic services
- Our accommodation: luxury air conditioned rooms and suites, where you can pamper yourself and feel safe and relaxed
Butterflies Spa surrounds a flower-filled courtyard, only yards away from our infinity pool, beach and the blue Caribbean Sea. Butterflies Spa is a full-service spa offering an exciting range of treatments. Make your first experience at Butterflies our special Jetlag Defrag, which helps you quickly forget the turmoil of air travel, and prepares body and mind for your wonderful holiday in Belize.
You enter the Spa through a wonderful, hand carved, mahogany door, which symbolizes our butterfly theme. Our smiling receptionist and exciting Butterflies Boutique is like an Aladdin's Cave. Filled with special "treats" - beautiful jewelry, swim wear, and of course the best skin care and natural body products - the exotic heart of Butterflies Spa.
Make time to relax in in our Serenity Room, in your colorful robe where you can indulge in a fruit drink, or herbal tea, and enjoy exotic local fruit and our scrumptious Butterfly snacks, while you relax to soft music and watch our magical butterfly screen.
As you are on vacation you at last have the time to experience a different kind of massage: Jetlag Defrag; Hot and Cold Stone; Deep Tissue; or Butterflies Signature Massage; Sole Escape Foot Reflexology. Sign up for a Cucumber Soothing Facial; a Papaya Raspberry Enzyme Peel; a Sweet Orange Blossom Butter Wrap or Coconut Wrap; a Pineapple Coconut Sea Scrub, or Zen Garden Body Polish. Add aromatherapy to your experience and end with a white wine spritzer by candlelight, to the sound of music, and softly falling water, in our elegant sunken bath. Our couples massage room, and couples sunken soaker bath is a wonderful place to spend time with that special person in your life, or catch up on life's passages with a daughter, sister, or best friend.
Our peaceful treatment rooms are located away from the laughter and bustle of our Nail and hair salon, where you can meet other guests who are having their hair revitalized with kukui oil after a morning spent snorkeling the reef; their legs and feet refreshed in a Belizean rain forest soak, after climbing to the top of the Mayan Site at Xunantuanich; their skin nurtured from a little-too-much sun; or their nails painted for a much-too-soon return home.
If you are lucky you may be able to see one of our Butterfly brides, as she prepares for her big day with an elegant hair creation, relaxing skin nourishment and make-up that enhances her natural beauty.
At any time of the day enjoy a snack in our courtyard, or beside our infinity pool, and don't forget to check out the times when you can attend complimentary Yoga as the sun goes down.
Butterflies Spa Treatments
Massage: You are on vacation, so why not aim to add at least one different massage to those you have tried before. We offer:
- Butterflies Signature Massage - $85
- Hot and Cold Stone Massage - $110
- Deep Tissue Massage - $95
- Sole Escape Foot Reflexology - $45
- Sunset Duet Massage - $225
Consult with our Spa Specialist to make sure that the massage you choose is the right one for you. Have a massage for two and end with a relaxing soak in our elegant sunken tubs, a glass of wine, soft music and candle light.
Wraps: Think of the butterfly as you lie in your own blissful, thermal, cocoon, feeling the rich, therapeutic mud or herb wrap cleanse your pores, increase your circulation and relax your muscles. We will help you choose the Butterfly Cocoon Wrap that will fit your needs, leaving you feeling relaxed and refreshed. From $85-$95.
Follow with a shower or aromatic soak in our sunken Tub, and finish with a gentle massage to leave you floating back to your room, like our signature Butterflies.
Scrubs and Polishes: A refreshing way to cleanse, rejuvenate, exfoliate and revitalize the skin, with our range of natural salt and herb scrubs and polishes. Enjoy the removal of the product with warm towels, and then relax as we apply a moisturizing body lotion that leaves your skin feeling soft as a baby and as beautiful as a butterfly. From $85-$95.
Facials: Our range of facials detoxify, tone and revitalize tired, stressed, skin. Skin is left clean, refreshed and revived. Ideal after a day spent in the warm southern sun, snorkeling the reef, climbing Mayan Temples, or exploring the tropical rain forest jungle of Belize. From $70-$105.
Hydrotherapy: Our elegant sunken tubs add to the Butterflies Spa experience. Guests may choose to start their spa treatment with an Ocean Detox Bath or other relaxing, preparatory treatment, or end their spa experience with a glass of wine, candlelight tranquility and an aroma fusion bathe.
Since Greek and Roman times the benefits of a tranquil bathe, have been recognized as soothing to the mind and contributing to the general well being of body and spirit.
Experience our Belizean foot bathe, take the time to indulge yourself with a full body soak, or as a couple experience the delight of "an aromatic tub, a glass of wine, and thou" for the ultimate experience. From $30-$50.
Jetlag Defrag: With air travel the way it is today we hate to see guests arrive feeling stressed and scratchy. We have the ideal solution with the Butterflies Jetlag Experience, a gentle but effective pressure point massage on your head, neck and shoulders, a relaxing and refreshing moisturizing treatment for face and eyes, and a gentle massage to take away stress and strain. Guaranteed to ensure a good night’s sleep and a relaxing beginning to your vacation - $35.
Hair Style/Recondition: Wrap your hair in our signature hair reconditioning treatment after exposure to sun and sea.
- Have your hair gently blown dry and styled for your romantic dinner
- Be adventuresome and try braiding for that Caribbean look
- Return home with silky hair, sun-kissed highlights and elegant styling. From $35-$50.
Check out our special Bridal Package to make sure your hair fits your romantic beach wedding fantasy. Bridal hair and makeup $85.
Pedicures: Have ten beach-ready painted toenails, and smooth legs, as you leave winter behind and get ready to soak up the sun. Your feet vacation in a fizzing mineral soak and are cleansed by a warm sugar scrub to gently exfoliate and smooth the skin. A moisturizing volcanic clay foot mask deeply hydrates in preparation for a relaxing foot and calf massage. Choose an exotic nail coloring that reminds you that you are truly Caribbean-ready to enjoy your vacation! From $35-$45.
Manicures: Have fingers and toes to match with exotic colored nails, which shriek “I'm on vacation!” Prefer the buffed look? Relax with a hand and arm massage with eucalyptus mint, and enjoy having your nails shaped and buffed!
Or maybe this is the time to have an elegant French nail polish to fingers and toes. You are on vacation – your choice is our pleasure. From $28-$40. PS: If you break or chip a nail drop by the Spa and we are happy to help.
Yoga and Meditation: We are located on a quiet and beautiful, ten mile beach. We already offer Yoga as the sun goes down, and as the year goes by we plan to offer Meditation and other relaxing experiences to our spa services Our Butterflies Spa Serenity Room is a wonderful place to take time to relax and think of who you are and what you want out of life – go home with the techniques that will help you cope with all the pressures and stresses of everyday life.
Butterflies Boutique: Butterflies Boutique is now open, offering a wonderful range of vacation “must-haves”, and economical skin, hair and body care products.
Check out our swim suits, wraps and sandals, and elegant, Central American, jewelry, hair clasps and ornaments.
Or just drop by to see what Butterflies is all about and spend a peaceful few minutes drinking our Signature Fruit Smoothie in our flower filled courtyard.
All of our rooms are air conditioned and are equipped with a safe for your valuables, a fridge, water cooler, coffee maker, hair dryer, CD player and ceiling fan. The Owners Suite has a full kitchen, three bedrooms, four baths with additional sleeping accommodation in the library and media room.
Nearby attractions and activities:
We are close to a number of Belize's national parks, Mayan ruins, and world famous diving and fishing.
We are located in the Stann Creek District, South of Belize City on the mainland coast of Belize. Our resort is located just one mile south of Hopkins Village.
- The Relaxing Spa Week - combining daily spa treatments with sea dips, or pool bathes, lazy days reading by the pool and time to catch up a relative or friend.
- The Adventure Spa Week - Beauty and nature combined. An introduction to the natural wonders and culture of Belize - sea, reef, jungle and Mayan history, with a daily, relaxing, spa treatment of your choice.
- Couples Spa adventure - you get the chance to overdose with spa treatments, and both take a morning snorkeling the reef, while he gets a morning fishing trip along with his own spa treatments, such as a duet massage, spots man's facial and Belizean foot bath. For an extra charge he can also challenge himself to the Black Hole Cave Drop or become PADI certified.
- The Ultimate Spa Week - starting in early 2008 we will offer the ultimate in pampering. Held only four times each year and limited to eight people. Held in our luxurious Owners Suite, there is a daily Belizean experience - snorkel the reef; explore a Mayan site; hike a jungle trail; float through caves; visit the surrounding countryside; with each trip carefully integrated in to your choice of spa treatments. Each evening talk through your adventures with new or old friends, while you watch the sun go down over Victoria Peak and prepare for a gourmet dinner cooked by your personal chef.
Our package rates includes a choice of accommodation, from single or double garden rooms to private, beach front, Casitas and Veranda Suites, to suites accommodating up to 8 people.
Green Season (April 1st 2007 - December 16 2007) Per person, two persons sharing room:
- Relaxing Spa Week - $1,773
- Adventure Spa Week - $1,950
- Couples Adventure Spa Break - $1,746
Winter Season (January 5th 2008 - march 31 2008) Per person, two persons sharing room:
- Relaxing Spa Week - $1,949
- Adventure Spa Week - $2,155
- Couples Adventure Spa Break - $1,921