We offer rustic yet cozy cabin comfort. Come and relax and consider our housekeeping cabins your home away from home. Enjoy the tranquility and simplicity of the way life used to be. All our cabins are well spaced around a new modern bathhouse which also contains a laundry room and a hot tub room.
We have over 400 feet of lakeshore for all season entertainment. Guests can enjoy swimming, boating, fishing, sunbathing, etc. in the warmer weather and then snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and ice fishing when the lake freezes. ATVing is becoming quite popular in this area. We can keep the avid hunter busy with bear hunting in September, moose hunting in October and deer hunting in November. And let’s not forget to mention the fish and bird seasons!
All our cabins are complete with housekeeping items such as dishes, pots & pans, silverware, dish towels, microwave, stove, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, bed linens, etc. Each cabin features a front porch facing the lake. Our cozy cabins all have comfortable antique furniture, antique cooking stove and some lovely homemade country quilts. Outside each cabin you will find lawn chairs, a picnic table and a barbecue grill. Our largest cabin is wheelchair accessible from the parking area.
"The Bird’s Nest" (formally Cabin #1) has been completely renovated with knotted pine ceiling and walls, a new kitchenette, a ceiling light/fan, and new heater. This cabin for two is in a secluded area next to the lake and is the perfect place for a first or second honeymoon or to spend quality time with a loved one. This cabin is decorated with a sunflower theme which shows a bright and airy atmosphere.
"The Moose Shed" (formally Cabin #2) which is our middle cabin - will sleep 8. Sleeping accommodations are two separate bedrooms, one with a double bed and the other has bunk beds. A cozy loft has two twin beds, and a daybed with a hidden trundle bed is in the living room. The kitchen has an antique cook stove, a propane cook stove and heater, and is decorated with a geese theme.
"The Bear Den" (formally Cabin #3) which is our larger cabin - will sleep 7/8. The sleeping accommodations in this cabin have two separate bedrooms with bunk beds in each, plus a loft with two twin beds, and a futon in the living room. The kitchen is complete with a propane cook stove, and wood and propane heaters for total comfort. We have decorated this cabin with a Coca Cola theme.
"The Fishing Shack" (formally the Guesthouse) is located directly behind the bathhouse and boasts knotted pine walls and ceiling. It has 4 built-in bunks, and a new kitchen/living room area. It is heated with a wall propane heater that makes this bunkhouse real cozy, and the ceiling light /fan helps control the temperature. This cabin also has a front porch with a wonderful view of the lake.
Nearby attractions and activities:
Bear Hunting: Maine’s bear hunting season is open September thru November and we have many guides available to help with your hunt. Since the State of Maine discontinued the Spring Bear hunting season, the Bear herd is on the increase and the hunting is good. While Bear hunting in September you can hunt Coyotes.
Moose Hunting: The October moose hunt (special lottery drawn permit required). Those lucky enough to be drawn in the Maine Moose Lottery are invited to join us for a week that will turn out to be the best hunt of your life. Moose permits are lottery drawn in early summer. This area is excellent moose hunting territory, with almost 100% success. We are located in the Northeast Zone.
Whitetail Deer Hunting: With either rifle or bow, our locale has, for many years, been one of the best in Maine for its Deer herd. Many trophy Bucks have been taken every year with an average weight of 180-200 lbs; field dressed. Leaving our dooryard, north, each or west, you can hunt for miles without seeing another hunter. There are plenty of logging roads to follow and many abandoned farms with apple orchards to hunt in. The best hunting for trophy Bucks is during November when they are in rut. For the early Fall hunter, we also have some very good bird and small game hunting, Partridge, Woodcock, and Snowshoe Rabbits are plentiful. Starting October 1st. you can hunt Deer with the bow, Birds and Small Game with shotgun.
Fresh Water Fishing: in this area gets good in early May and lasts through July. There are many Brooks, Streams, Ponds and Lakes in the area that are easy to get to. The Brooks, Streams and Ponds have mainly Native Brook Trout while the Lakes have Trout, Salmon, Pickerel, White Perch and Bass. For the fly-fisherman this area is excellent because with a little driving and walking there is every different kind of water that you would want to fish in. Hire a North Maine Guide for the day and fish in remote ponds and streams
2 ½ hours from Bangor, ME.
- Deposit: A $100 deposit per cabin per week will be expected with each reservation.
- Refunds: Transfer of booking deposit to a later date (within one year) is available with a 1 month notice. Early departures and/or late arrivals will be charged 100% of reserved stay. Please note that "weather condition" is not considered sufficient reason for cancellation. We have a 3-day minimum reservation.
- Pets: Your pets are welcome to accompany you with a $25 deposit per pet, per week; and your promise to clean up after them daily. We enjoy animals as part of a family and want you to enjoy your "family" vacation. We request that pets not be left alone for extended periods of time.
- Check in time: 2:00 pm Saturday - unless other arrangements have been made.
- Check out time:10:00 am Saturday - unless other arrangements have been made.
- Tax: Please add 7% Maine State Tax and service to quoted rates.
- Aak about our 3-cabin and guest house weekly rate.
- Gift certificates available.
Full Camp Rental:
- "Four Cabin Special" (sleeps 22, with 3 full kitchens and 1 kitchenette)
- $1500 per week (which is about $68 per guest for the week).
- Great for a family reunion!
- Great for a class reunion!
- Bring your ATV Club!
- Book for a Snowmobiling party!
- Have an Anniversary get-a-way!
- Try an all girls outing!
- We welcome Church Youth Group Retreats!
- A nice place for a Men’s Retreat!
- Especially nice for a Women’s Retreat!
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Apr 2003
Welcome to M11895. Our cabins are located in the heart of one of the best outdoor recreation areas in New England. The great North Maine Woods begins at our doorstep, providing diverse opportunities to experience all aspects of Maine. There are many chances to see wildlife in its undisturbed native habitat. We...