The fishing is great at Otter Lake! During the summer months 14’ to 18’ rental boats are available with outboard motors ranging from 15 to 25 horsepower. For more relaxed fishing, guests are welcome to enjoy one of our two pontoon rental boats and experienced locals guides are also available. For the adventurous guests we offer a variety of fly-in fishing excursions to over 30 day-use lakes guaranteeing an action packed fishing experience. For guests who enjoy the rugged wilderness, we offer the “great escape” an excursion to a northern outpost fishing camp. Our base camp offers activities for the whole family including jet boat rides over the Churchill rapids, peaceful canoeing and kayaking, and scenic tours.
Thompson’s Camps is made up of numerous cabins differing in size and quality. The facilities are completely modern and range from motel rooms for one or two people to deluxe cabins for up to 16 people. One cabin has its own private games room perfect for families with children or school functions. Guests are welcome to enjoy hearty, home cooked meals in the lodge’s dining room. Professional kitchen staff serves various specials throughout the summer months and a delicious menu is served over breakfast, lunch and dinner hours. Guest who wish to relax in the lounge are welcome to order from an appetizer menu while watching sports highlights on big screen satellite television.
Our boats and motors range from 14 feet to 18 feet aluminum boats and 15-25 horsepower outboard motors. At our base camp we have pontoon boats for the more relaxed fisherman. Experienced local guides are available to help you locate that special fishing hole, show you the various fishing techniques and help you prepare and enjoy a delicious shore lunch. For those who wish to experience solitude, we offer a number of fly in camps with superb fishing. Remote cabins are comfortable but rustic. Usually your group will be the only one at the camp.
Nearby attractions and activities:
ONE DAY FLY-INS- An important attraction from our base camp at Otter Rapids. We have a number of one day fly-in choices for Walleye, Northern Pike and Lake Trout. Your party is flown out in the morning and picked up in the evening, (boats and motors supplied of course). This has been a favorite choice for a number of our guests for many years; they enjoy the comfort of the base camp as well as the experience of remote fishing and beautiful scenery.
50 miles north of La Ronge Saskatchewan
WHAT TO BRING:
* Fishing gear - usually light spinning tackle, spoons and jigs (we have a good supply at the lodge).
* Warm clothes and rain gear for spring and fall.
* Bedrolls if you are flying out. Bedding is supplied at base camp.
* The nearest Liquor Outlet is in La Ronge, 50 miles away.
* If you are coming from outside Canada we suggest you change your currency at the bank to Canadian funds for the best rate of exchange.
* If you come in the winter to snowmobile and to ice fish, dress accordingly.
* We have snowmobiles for rent or bring your own.
* Bring a camera and film.
* We have fishing licenses and tackle for sale in the lodge.
Cabin Rentals $50/person per night (minimum charge of 75% bed capacity applies to cabin rentals. Non-refundable deposit of first night charge required).
Boat Rentals $140-$180 per day
Fly-out Excursions $100/person per day (Air Extra)
Notes: All prices are in Canadian funds. All rates involving fuel subject to increase due to fluctuating fuel prices. Prices subject to applicable taxes. All cabins include kitchenette and bedding. Bring your own towels. Light housekeeping services provided. Gas BBQs are supplied.
* Hickson/Maribelli Lake (3 days) - $525 Each extra day $175
* High Rock Lake (3 days) - $525 Each extra day $175
* Upper Foster Lake (3 days) - $525 Each extra day $175
* Daly Lake (3 days) - $525 Each extra day $175
* Bill’s Lake (3 days) - $525 Each extra day $175
Notes: All prices are in Canadian funds on a per-person basis. Prices subject to applicable taxes.
ONE DAY FLY-IN EXCURSIONS- $100 per person per day (Air Extra)
One day fly-in excursions are available from our base camp at Otter Lake. We fly to several lakes within close proximity. Choose your game fish – Walleye, Pike or Lake Trout!