The property features a unique private Lodge for two, built with local recycled materials, included ancient slates, and timbers and old Indian processes of lime mortar surfacing making it extremely durable. Ancient stone carvings are to be found on the site and these have been positioned below the private lodge. These include a two thousand year old Hindu temple pillar set with floral carvings, and a more recent Lutyens Indian oil lamp. A dramatic high river view is available from here.
The other accommodation includes both luxury tents complete with flush toilet and sunken bath and furnished in a rugged-luxury manner, with the frontal position overlooking the river. The site is ideal for summer explorations of the higher Himalaya, and winter trips by boat, foot or jeep to explore the beautiful valleys surrounding the region. Fishing for Mahaseer, white water rafting, rock climbing, trekking to the Kuari Pass or Lord Curzon Trail,and Himalayan Alpine lakes,old British Raj hill stations, along with local festivals, yoga, meditation, and naturopathy, as well as beautiful sister lodges, are some of the attractions.
Visitors from overseas may stay for two to three weeks in the area and programs for treks or other trips can be offered. Those interested in water painting will also find the site ideal. Business visitors to India who want to "get away" can come for a short break. The site is well connected by road, rail and air connections which have all seen an improvement, as part of India's new infrastructure. Famous Wildlife Parks like the Jim Corbett National Park are also close by for experiencing Indian wildlife.
We only use Solar and Kerosene lighting. Our clients like our isolation. This means we have not allowed a metal road into Spashram RiverMountain. This also means a 10 minute walk in and walk out along a sharp gradient...
An unparalleled starlit night sky which again 5 star resorts of the country cannot offer.
Sitting out in the dead of night in a jungle machaan, capturing yourself, the sounds of the jungle at night are other luxuries that we afford you which you can capture on a tape recorder.
- The most spectacular display anywhere in the world, of special lighting of silver beaches, and river mountain on Full Moon Nights
- Drift woodfire-homemade baked bread-manually coarse ground from a village water mill
- Drift wood fire beach bonfire, something not offered by the most opulent luxury resorts
- Hand lit Lamp lighting –the softest light possible
- Rooms with a view of river and mountain
- Rather than Yoga in a room, you can do your yoga on a beach, or at mountaintop level, in the open.
- Home cooked food,Indoor or Alfresco Dining
- Availability of natural shampoo-from tree bark with a naturally pre incorporated softener.
- Special Events: Artists and singers performing under the full moon with natural acoustics of the mountains-and the most powerful stereophonic effect in the world!
- Writers and artists in residence to interact with you
- Close proximity to " civilization and a modern road", Yet we offer:
- Wild natural and open space,
- Besides our Private silver sand beach, and additional silver sand bars, private reserve forest and walking trails
- Jungle tents on machan platforms
- Dramatic cliffs, crags and landscapes
- Himalayan treks, White water rafting, mahaseer fishing, yoga and meditation, Himalayan trekking, village explorations, temple festivals and sights, wildlife park visits, rock climbing, team building, beach BBQ, dance and song troupes, naturapathy and healing, ayurvedic massage, overland jeep journeys, British raj hill stations, sister lodge visits, Meet: guest speakers, writers in residence, artist in residence. Cut off from the world!
We only use Solar and Kerosene lighting. Our clients like our isolation. This means we have not allowed a metal road into spa ashram. This also means a 15 minute walk in and walks out along a sharp gradient. There Are Some Very Scenic sections and Indian’s roads can often we very pleasant.
Nearby attractions and activities:
- Chilla National Park: The Chilla wildlife sanctuary, part of the Rajaji National Park is a popular destination for nature and adventure lovers. The pristine scenic beauty and rich biodiversity attracts wildlife lovers from India and abroad and has 23 species of mammals and about 315 avifauna species. Fishing in the river there is allowed with permits only. At Chilla proper, where the residential complex is located, in a large opening in thick Sal forests, there are two domesticated elephants, which can be used for game viewing rounds. These Elephant back safaris and Jeep safari take one through bamboo thickets and elephant grass.
- Rajaji National Park: Uttaranchal/Uttarakhand is spread over an area of 820.42 SQ. K.M. It is a home of 23 species of mammals and 315 species of Birds. The park is home of Asian Elephants, Tiger and King Cobra, Panther, Bear, Chital, Sambar, Wild Boar, Kakar, Python, Monitor Lizard, Wild Cats and many more. The Park has got the largest area representing Shiwalik Eco-system. The Shivalik trail is 10 million year old and very rich in fossils. Its fossils fauna remains include about 50 species of Elephant; one of them is present today. The majestic Ganges flows through the National Park for a distance of 24 km, besides the innumerable streams and brooks making it rich and diverse. It offers ample opportunities to nature lovers to enjoy the captivating landscape and wildlife.
- Haridwar: Haridwar is situated on the right side of the bank of the holy Ganga, and is the point where the river spreads over the northern plains. Associated with both Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu, Haridwar is among the seven sacred cities of India. It is also one of the four venues for the Kumbh Mela, held in its magnitude every twelve years. Essentially a religious centre which holds promise of salvation for devotees, Haridwar is also a centre of herbal medicine, and traditional studies at Gurukul Kangri. There are many places of scenic beauty on the outskirts of the town.
- Gun Hill Kempty Fall
- Municipal Garden Jharipani Fall
- Camel's Back Road Mussoorie Lake.
- Devprayag: Situated on the Rishikesh-Badrinath road, this mountainous spot is the site of the holy meeting of the rivers Alaknanda and Bhagirathi. When they flow out of here, they are together called Ganga. There are numerous temple specific sites in the region, unique villages and areas of great natural beauty.
280 kilometers north of New Delhi. See connections by road, air and rail on site.
Pets are not permitted as this is a wilderness area and leopard are attracted to domestic pets. Children are encouraged as we have numerous outdoor attractions for children aged seven upwards. Cigarette smoking is not permitted in tents, but is for those staying at the Longhouse.
Our unique package includes these key features:
- Long Range or short Himalayan Treks, mountain climbs, and pilgrimage treks for those interested.
- Riverside Beach BBQ’s (a highlight!)
- White Water River Rafting (Two Half Day Trips)
- Jeep Safari in Chilla and Rajaji National Park
- Leisure walks on the pilgrim trail along the Ganges
- Day excursion trek to local village.
- Yoga Session with a Devoted Guru
- Game Fishing
- Overnight Treks
- Sight seeing of Deoprayag, Rishikesh and Haridwar
- Long River Exploration- two days camping expedition.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
Per night, extension journeys and package prices available on application.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2006
M15531 offers unusual and regular trips in the Indian Sub Continent and other exotic locations around the world. Cultural trips in India, specialty focus trips, private lodges, yoga and meditative trips wildlife, horse, elephant, tiger and jeep safaris, birding tours, tribal trips, tropical backwater cruise trips,...