We dive on the Meso American barrier reef, which amazingly, is visible from the entire shoreline of Mahahual (Costa Maya). This is the largest Barrier Reef system in the Northern Hemisphere, which runs from north to south, in finger formations - creating lots of canyons and swim through. This area has some of the most pristine hard and soft corals in the world. The marine life is diverse and the visibility averages 100 ft. We have a range of sites we choose from each day, depending on diver experience, desired depth, local conditions, etc. The reef is only a 20-minute boat ride. We do NOT believe in the cattle boat diving mentality. Our dive groups are small and personable. Scuba Diving magazine named Costa Maya the "Best up and Coming Dive Destination". Sport Diver magazine featured us in an article called "GetAways". Referring to Mahahual as Maha-Wow!! You will absolutely love Costa Maya. The diving is incredible. We also offer dive trips to the Chinchorro banks and Xcalak.
- Dive packages require 30 days cancellation notice for 100% refund. Less than 30 days but more than 7 days will be charged 50%. No refund with less than 7 days notice.
- We may cancel dives if sea conditions or weather becomes unsafe. There are no refunds to dive packages for such conditions.
- Room only cancellations received within 72 hours of arrival date will be charged 1st night room rate or 25% of the total reservation, whichever is greater.
- Dive only cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged 50%.
- Deluxe Dive Package. Starting at $850 per person plus tax (double occupancy required) for 7 nights in a beachfront room including breakfast and unlimited local boat day diving.
- Adventure Dive Package. Starting at $975 per person plus tax (double occupancy required) for 7 nights in a beachfront room including breakfast, unlimited local boat day diving, 1 exploration dive trip (2-3 tank dive with lunch to unexplored reef locations), and 1 Cenote dive.
Note: You must plan your dives one day in advance. Our company reserves the right to cancel dives if weather or sea conditions become unsafe. Package does not include Chinchorro or Xcalak dives. We have longer/shorter stay packages if required.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2007
Enjoy the pristine nature of paradise, both underwater and above water in Mahahual. Also known as the Costa Maya, situated on the Mexican Caribbean coast, more than 350 kilometers south of Cancun and only 100 kilometers north of Belize. Until now this area has been a closely kept secret. Very few divers were aware of...