The Selous is Africa’s largest game reserve and a proclaimed world heritage site, and the Lodge offers exclusive game drives with just four to a vehicle and other visitors few and far between, this is amongst Africa`s most intimate game experiences. The lodge also offers bushwalks, river cruises, fishing and sundowner trips and romantic bush dinners and picnics.
The Lodge is made up of 12 individual rooms and one separate lavish Presidential suite. All the rooms are individual wooden structures built on stilts on the steep river bank with a sumptuous design perfectly in keeping with the landscape. The villas each enjoy a cavernous interior space with a captivating design that blends colonial luxury with indigenous styling. Indulgent features include a colonial bathroom with romantic claw-foot bath, minibar and tea and coffee facilities, a huge and inviting bed, writing desk, lounge furniture and a large furnished terrace with sublime river views, an outdoor shower and private plunge pool.
- Welcoming fruit and flowers
- A special table for two in our dining room
- Dinner in your room if you would prefer
- Private dinner for two on your candle-lit deck
- Honeymoon breakfast in bed with sparkling wine
- The option of breakfast for two in the bush
- The option of a massage for two in your room.
Day 1: Arrive in Tanzania. Arrive in Dar es salaam International Airport and transfered to Goldern Tulip for dinner and Overnight. Our Safari representative will attend you for briefing.
Day 2: Depart to Selous Game Reserve - Mivumo Lodge. You will have breakfast at the hotel before leaving to the airport for your flight to Selous Game Reserve, You will be met at airstrip and transferred to Mivumo for lunch, later in the afternoon you will have afternoon game drives to sunset.
Day 3: Active Selous Safaris. Breakfast at the Mivumo River Lodge, This morning opt take part in the various outdoor activities offered, including boating, nature walks and nature treks or opt for the morning game viewing drives in the park. Lunch at the lodge then depart for the afternoon game viewing drives at the Selous Game Reserve the spectrum of wildlife here is diverse, all the more interesting because its southern location attracts a unique combination of East and Southern African wildlife, both resident and migratory, and particularly a curious and colorful assortment of over 440 known species of birds.
Day 4: Day at Leisure - Selous Game Reserve. Sunrise game drive in Selous Game drive followed by breakfast, you are free to creat your schedule. Either stay at the lodge or going out for game drive or any other activities on your schedule.
Day 5: Selous Fly to Zanzibar. You will do game drive in the morning. Later you will drive to the airstrip for your flight to Zanzibar, you will be met and transferred to Mapenzi Beach Hotel on you Sea View room.
Day 6: Zanzibar Beach Holiday. Enjoy your day at the beach, or in your nice room or by the pool.
Day 7: Leisure in Zanzibar. Leisure day, there are several services provided at the lodge from Spa to Scuba diving. In the eveing you will have dinner for two. Special arrangements for you.
Day 8: Zanzibar - Fly home. What a wonderful holiday of you life. You will get ready to fly to Dar es salaam for your flight back home.
- All Meals as explained in the itinerary
- All Taxes and service charges
- Transportation while on Safaris
- All Park Fees as per itinerary
- Professional guides
- Flights as indicated in the itinerary
- All activities as specified in the itinerary
- Accommodations as indicated on the itinerary
- All transfers meet and greet by Calabash staff
- Bottled mineral water at least 1.5 litter a day.
- Personal Laundry, beverages and other personal expenses
- Domestic and International flight
- Tips to bar staff for personal beverages or room service
- Tips to models for photographic opportunities
- Gratuities to driver/guides
- Visa fees.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2009
African safari holidays, M19903 offers a large range of different safari itineraries that will enable visitors to experience the natural environment and true wilderness of the continent. The company offers a reliable and competitive service covering the most spectacular game viewing areas in...