Adirondacks Lakes and Peaks Hiking Touroffered by supplier M05973 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 3 - 6 day(s)
Group Size: 2 - 9 people
Destination: New York
Category: Hiking and walking outfitters
Season: June - September
Min Price: 1137 US Dollar (USD) Per person
Max Price: 1895 US Dollar (USD) Per person
- The Ausable River to Lower Ausable Lake and the overlook at Indian Head, passing spectacular waterfalls up and back along the way
- Nun da ga o Ridge to "find" Lost Pond and ramble on for sweeping views of the "High Peaks" - among the best in this range!
- Cascade Mountain, one of the high peaks with vistas in every direction
- Noonmark and Round Mountains, real gems with great high peak views
- The John's Brook Valley for great swimming holes
- The Upper Boquet River with its hidden waterfalls - very secluded great for swimming
- John Brown's Farm to see the abolitionist's last resting place and home
- The Lake Placid Village to poke around the shops, and the Olympic Center to see the scene of the 1980 Olympics
- Saranac Lake, a great Adirondack village on Lake Flower with it's old downtown.
We are in the heart of New York State's Adirondacks High Peaks Region, where the highest peaks, most beautiful mountain lakes, and spectacular waterfalls are found. This is a legendary, historic and truly beautiful area that harkens back to an early, more simple time. You will love the peacefulness that surrounds you in this sparsely settled place, and your visit will stay with you forever.
This trip is designed for energetic folks in good physical condition that can do 6 to 8 miles of hiking in challenging terrain under diverse conditions. On most hikes you will see few other people. We will be hiking on well established trails for the most part - no rock climbing, except to take a dunk in a swimming hole to cool off. We stay at a cozy and quiet inn between Keene Valley and Lake Placid in the heart of the High Peaks Region. Our dinners are at great area restaurants.
Scheduled trip: Please contact us to set up a custom trip!
- Trip cost: $1,137 for a 3 day trip up to $1,895/pp for 6 days
- Single Supplement: $200.
- Complete tour information & itinerary mailed in advance, including driving directions, if coming by car
- Pickup/dropoff at Burlington, VT airport or nearby train/bus station, if needed
- Tour guiding
- Tour transportation
- All lodging during tour
- All meals during tour (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- First aid/CPR.
- Transportation to pickup location and from dropoff location
- Lodging before & after tour
- Items of a personal nature, unless stated
- Meals or other services not listed on the itinerary, or alcoholic beverages
- Any personal expenses.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2005
Tours are offered in Vermont; New York's Adirondacks, Finger Lakes and Hudson River Valley; Maine Coast; New Hampshire's White Mountains; Massachusetts' Martha's Vineyard and Berkshires; North Carolina's Mountains, Northern California's Coast, and Hawaii's Big Island. Winter snowshoe...