Salmon Charters Fishing in the Copper River, Alaskaoffered by supplier M17485 (read about supplier)
Tour Duration: 1 day(s)
Group Size: 1 - 16 people
Category: Fishing outfitters
Specialty: Grayling, Salmon, Trout
Season: June - September
Min Price: 225 US Dollar (USD) Per person
Max Price: 325 US Dollar (USD) Per person
If you have the opportunity to do a comparison taste test with any other salmon you will quickly come to understand what so many people before you have learned ~ Copper River Salmon (Kings and Reds) are the top of the line. The Gulkana River is a beautiful winding river that covers about three miles for every mile on the highway. On our half day trips we fish 5 to 6 miles of the river. On our full day trips we fish up to 23 miles of the river. We often times see various kinds of Alaska wildlife such as Caribou, Black and Brown Bear, Moose, Beaver, Otter, and a myriad of water foul and a couple of dozen Bald Eagles that you will enjoy up close and personal. In the Gulkana River, King Salmon range in size from 15 to 45 pound with an occasional catch over 50 pounds. As in all our rivers in East Alaska, you are allowed to catch and release Chinook (King) Salmon all day and keep one per day and four per season.
On the Gulkana River the Sockeye (Reds) range in size from 4 pounds to 12 pounds. The limit is three per day with no seasonal limit. Of course, some days you will limit out and some days fishing can be challenging. We cannot guarantee your catch but we can guarantee that we will do all we can to provide an exciting an eventful day as we put you in the middle of them. The rest is up to you and providence. And finally, we have beautiful cabins for your comfort and enjoyment that accommodate families up to four with two queen beds, full bath with showers, Dish Network TV (over 100 channels) and kitchens. Our rates are competitive, the rooms are spotless and we even have an outdoor cook house where you can prepare your catch of the day.
- Half Day (Five hour trips):
*Leave: 7:00 am and 1:00 pm
*Return: 12:00 pm and 6:00 pm
- Full Day (Ten hour trips):
*Leave: 7:00 am
*Return: 5:00 pm.
Note: Above times are subject to change according to water conditions, weather, and the needs of the clients.
- Current Alaska Fishing License
- King Salmon Stamp
- Clothes for the weather (Rain gear strongly recommended)
- A great "catchum" attitude.
- Half-day (5-hour trips):
*Children from 8 to 12 years of age: $175
- Full day (10-hour trips):
*Children from 8 to 12 years of age: $275
- Transportation from our property to the rivers and return
- Professional fishing package including: Fully experienced, licensed, first aid and CPR certificated, permitted and insured fishing guides, NRS Poly-Hypolon rafts with aluminum rowing frames and Cartwright oars, Shakespeare 9' King salmon spinning rods with Quantum BOCA-PT's Reels, Shakespeare spinning rods and fly rods for the Sockeye (Reds)
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFD's)
- Bait and lures
- Snacks on half day trips and hearty sack lunches on full day trips
- Bottled water
- Cleaning, preparation and freezing of catch for shipping
- Transportation to our property and your next destination
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Jan 2008
Alan and Shirley LeMaster, of M17485, have been offering quality Chinook (King) and Sockeye (Red) Salmon charters since the early 1980's. Our long list of returning and referred clients speaks to the satisfaction of our program and the professionalism of our experienced guides. With a full insurance portfolio,...