Ingrid M Wallenborg - Private Tourist Guideoffered by supplier M10400 (read about supplier)
Group Size: 1 - 57 people
Season: January - December
Languages: English, French
Minimum Cost: 145 Pound Sterling (GBP) Per group
Maximum Cost: 350 Pound Sterling (GBP) Per group
- Walking Tours: Enjoy a themed walk of a particular area (could include a pub or two) e.g. Mayfair – Aristocracy & Scandal, City of London “Jewels” – 2000 years in 2 hours, Financial London – Lehman Brothers & Ivan the Terrible, Shakespeare’s Bankside – the Elizabethan world of Bards, Bishops and Brothels, Legal London – the Inns of Court, Royal London – the Private Lives of the House of Windsor, Victorian Kensington, Political Westminster – Churchill, the Power & the Glory, Chelsea – A Bohemian Rhapsody, Covent Garden – Theatrical Heart of the World.
- ECO friendly Day Trips from London by train [car can be arranged at a little extra cost to the environment]:
* Oxford: City of Dreaming Spires; spend a day in the oldest university town in England, visiting a college – perhaps the one used in Harry Potter and hearing of famous alumni such as Tolkien, CS Lewis and PM Tony Blair!
* Windsor Castle, the Queens' favourite residence and the world's largest, continuously inhabited castle. A day about all you wanted to know about the royal family and more ! Crown & Glory with unprecedented insight into today's royals.
- New This Year: A History of the World in 100 Objects at the British Museum based on the popular Radio series; 21st Century Architecture Walks incl the 'Shard of Glass'; East London & the Olympic Venues, Multicultural "Melting Pot" London tours; attend a debate at Parliament as part of a tour!
Places to visit:
- Classic London: Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London & the Crown Jewels, Buckingham Palace w the Guard Change, the London Eye, St Paul’s Cathedral, Houses of Parliament, Maritime Greenwich – choose from a selection of world famous sites!
- Royal London: In the year of Queen Elizabeth’s 83rd birthday, enjoy a royal tour of Windsor Castle, Hampton Court Palace or Kensington Palace (former residence of Diana, Princess of Wales).
- Hidden London: Tour some of the lesser-known secret “gems” of London e.g. the 15th century Guildhall, Smithfield & St Bart’s Church, Apsley House (Wellington Museum), the Horniman Museum, Somerset House & the Gilbert Collection.
- Modern London: The Gherkin & Reinventing London - a look at award winning architecture by Foster, Hopkins and Rogers, Docklands & Urban Regeneration, Canary Wharf & Wall St on Water, the Transformation of the South Bank.
- Museums & Galleries: A tour of the highlights with anecdotes illustrating master-pieces at the National Gallery, the Courtauld Gallery, Tate Britain, Tate Modern or the Victoria & Albert Museum.
- The British Museum: A part from very popular highlight tours, I also offer a selection of themed tours e.g. Classical Greece & the Parthenon (Elgin Marbles), the Enlightenment Gallery / King’s Library, the Bible & Archaeology, Egypt of the Pharaohs, Iraq and Ancient Assyria.
- ½ day tours are up to 4 hours, finishing no later than 13.00 or starting not before 13.30: from £145 up to £175
- Full days are up to 9 hours: from £225 to £275
- Museum and gallery tours up to 3 hours: from £140 - £170
- Extra hours at £30 per hour and from 23.00 – 07.00 at £40 per hour
- 50% extra fee on public holidays and for extra large groups and double-Decker coaches.
- Easy payment using PayPal; book instantly by credit card deposit
- Payment can also be made by BACS (electronic transfer into my bank account) or cheque drawn on a UK bank and must be made in GB pounds sterling.
- An advance deposit is required for the booking to be confirmed. For short notice bookings, payment by cash (GBP) on the day may be acceptable. In exceptional circumstances a cheque in Euros or US dollars may be acceptable as a held deposit.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2006
Independent and professionally qualified tourist guide in London area with more than 15 years experience. - Qualified London Blue Badge Guide with 1st class degree (BA Hons) University of London. - Full member of the Institute of Tourist Guiding and the Association of Professional Tourist Guides. - Subscribes to...