Jewish Odessa City Tour (car and English-speaking guide). Since its foundation, Odessa has been a cosmopolitan city. Big communities of Greeks, French, Polish, Italians, Jews, Russians, and other people have existed here. It became the first city of the Russian Empire, where Jews were allowed to settle. By the time of the WW II Odessa Jewish community became the third largest in the world, after New York and Warsaw, having reached almost 47% of the city population. Many great names of Jewish writers and politicians are connected with Odessa. You'll visit almost all Jewish heritage sites of Odessa. With our professional guide you’ll find out about the history of the Odessa Jewish community, dark days of Holocaust, and get acquainted with modern Jewish Odessa.
Odessa Jewish tour highlights:
- Primorskiy Boulevard
- Monument to Duke de Rishelye Potemkin Steps
- Monument to Catherine the Great
- Opera House and Deribasovskaya street
- 2 main city Synagogues
- The Brody Synagogue
- The Holocaust Memorial
- International Community Center
- Yevreiskaya (Jewish) street
- The House of Bialik
- The House of Zhabotinskiy
- The House of Palestine Committee.
- 3 or 5 hour car or minivan or minibuses tours for groups of 1-12 people
- Price is from $100 (car) to $350 (minibuses) tour or as low as $35 person. Very popular among cruise ships passengers.