Tallinn, the capital of Estonia is a popular destination for tourists. Tallinn is getting more then 3 million foreign tourist (more then half of them are coming from neighboring Finland).
Most attractive area in Tallinn - The Old Town, the best preserved Medieval city area in the Northern Europe. But there are much more to see in Tallinn. So different tours are possible, but some words about myself first.
I m a historian and teacher of history. I was graduated at Tartu University, largest and oldest university of Estonia. I was born in Estonia and I have lived whole life in Estonia. After university I worked as teacher for high school. In summer 2000 I started to offer my personal guiding service for people visiting Tallinn and neighboring countries. I have met people from many countries all over the world. I have given tours for solo travelers, small parties (up to 10-20 people) and large groups (up to 50 people). My service have used disable people, senior travelers, families with children etc. People of different nationalities have participated in my tours, including Russians, Finns, British, Jewish people and others.
All people who want to use advantage of private tour to see sights with an insider are warmly welcome. And travel agencies or tour companies please feel free to send your inquiry as well. Private tour means flexibility and we are flexible, our tour will be tailor made according to your interests and suggestions. I would be happy to take care of you in Tallinn and Estonia and to show you our sights and to introduce life of Estonian society. Tere tulemast! Welcome to Tallinn and Estonia!
Some tour options:
- Walk of the Old Town, most attractive and historical area of Tallinn. It is difficult to find another so well preserved Medieval city area in the Northern Europe like Old Tallinn. Minimum time for a walking tour- 2 hours, recommended length of sightseeing 3-4 hours + time for cafe break or lunch + time for shopping etc). We can walk from the port to the Old Town, distance is short- 10-15 min on foot. You will see all major and more interesting sights of Lower and Upper Town-these are two different areas of the Old Town.
The medieval Hanseatic town is a mosaic of twisty cobble stoned streets, gabled roofs, fairy-tale turrets and soaring spires, all packed within an ancient fortress wall. Tallinn’s Old Town has preserved its original format to such a degree that it earned the city a place on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The Committee decided to inscribe this property on the basis of criteria, considering that Tallinn is an outstanding and exceptionally complete and well preserved example of a medieval northern European trading city that retains the salient features of this unique form of economic and social community to a remarkable degree.
- Combined tour of Tallinn: it is a short city tour by car, van or coach and after that walking tour of the Old Town. Short drive to see city outside of the Old Town area includes: modern downtown, Kadriorg-one of the largest and one of the most historical parks in Estonia with summer palace built by famous Russian czar Peter the Great about 300 years ago, Song Festival Grounds- an impressive amphitheater with unique stage built for large song festivals, Pirita district with Olympic marina, Woodland Cemetery, TV tower, ruins of St Birgit convent etc. After that walk in the Old Town
- Combined tour with countryside (with optional lunch at the farm or a picnic). Some names of the sights to see in the countryside: estate houses, Medieval Saha chapel, Kostivere- central settlement developed by for former Soviet collective farm, bronze age cemetery, waterfall.
- Comprehensive tour of Tallinn: long, full day tour of the city. You will contrasts and diversity of Tallinn - districts with traditional wooden buildings, districts with private family houses, districts with Soviet style apartment blocks, suburb areas of the city, Estonian outdoor museum with old village buildings from 18th-19th century and of course the Old Town.
- Around Tallinn city: long, full day drive with frequent stops to admire nice seashore, small towns and villages, areas with summer cottages built in Soviet time and other sights of our countryside
- Trip to Helsinki or tour of Helsinki. Helsinki is located only 80 km/50 mi away. It is possible to pick you up right in Helsinki and to give you a private tour of Finnish capital, side trips (for example lovely small town Porvoo 55 km from Helsinki) are possible too. In that case no need to meet in Tallinn, we will meet you in Finland and we can stay with you in Finland during your visit.
- Side trips from Tallinn (Lahemaa national park, Saaremaa island with Kaali meteorite crater and best preserved Medieval castle built in the Baltic region (from 14th century), Pärnu resort town and other destinations are possible too.
- Trip from Tallinn to Riga 300 km / 200 mi (capital of Latvia), Vilnius (capital of Lithuania), Warsaw (capital of Poland) etc
This is just a list of some tours, and it is not complete list at all. Please contact us to get more detailed description of our tours. And again- if you have your own ideas what do you like to do or what to you like to see in Tallinn, please let us know
If you want we can include into the tour program cafe break or lunch. Many restaurants and café shops in the city where to try local pastry, nice cakes, to drink a cup of café or glass of local beer, or maybe even to try strong liquor “Vana Tallinn”. And menu of the restaurants is very variable: international cuisine, Estonian style restaurants, Medieval themed restaurants etc And of course people need some fee time for shopping and just to look around . We have many souvenir shops and some little outdoor markets to buy local handicrafts (linen products, sweaters, decorative art, glassware, leather products), Russian style souvenirs or amber is also popular to buy by visitors of Tallinn.
If you will stay in Tallinn or if you will spend in Tallinn several days we can get tickets to visit some of theatres, opera or ballet or some other musical, cultural events. Or if your group is enough big it is possible to organize special cultural events just for your party. Just tell us what do you like to do.
Note: Our tour is not 100 % serious academic action. It must also be a fun. If you have not smiled by the end of the tour, we are failed totally.
About This Supplier
Email it to a friend:
Click here to email this vacation to a friend