Zadar is an old walled city and can be explored only in walking tours. Everything is here, since Roman days (Forum, Temple) to modern architecture (sea organs), all within or by 16th century. city walls. And, among them, 13th century St. Anastasia's Cathedral, 9th century St. Donatus Church, 14th century University, 16th century City Gates, and many other sites.
Zadar was conquered by all powers of the past and it looks like Europe in small. Priceless ecclesiastical treasure is exhibited in special museum. Two thousand years of permanent urbanism meets here within a half of square kilometer area of the ancient town.
Also places of interest:
- Krka Waterfalls (south of Zadar)
- Paklenica Canyon (North-West of Zadar)
- Kornati archipelago (South-West of Zadar)
These National Parks of divine natural beauties and Plitvice Lakes (north of Zadar) is Croatian National Park also recognized by UNESCO as World Natural Heritage site.
- Zadar walking city tour 3 hours: 80 Euro (exteriors)
- Zadar walking city tour 4 hours: 95 Euro (exteriors plus interiors of two churches and one museum).
- Half day private tour (4 hours): 90 Euro
- Full day private tour (8 hours): 120 Euro
- Several day's program managing 140 Euro per day plus expenses.
- Entrance fees are not included.
- Cars and drivers upon request, not included.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2006
My name is Davor and I am independent, licensed guide in Zadar since 1981. I worked for several travel agencies and tour operating companies until I decided to continue my career as a free lance guide, starting my own firm, M15575. I am a Licensed Tourist guide in Croatia which requires specialized training and exams...