Private Tour of London by Peter West, Englandoffered by supplier M16074 (read about supplier)
Group Size: 1 - 7 people
Season: January - December
Minimum Cost: 400 Pound Sterling (GBP) Per group
Maximum Cost: 600 Pound Sterling (GBP) Per group
- The Tower of London;
- The Changing of the Guard;
- The Mounting of the Guard;
- Buckingham Palace;
- Westminster Abbey;
- St Paul's Cathedral.
Other great places to visit:
- The art galleries of world renown that we might well encounter are: The National Gallery, Tate Britain, The National Portrait Gallery and Tate Modern.
- Then museums such as: The British Museum, The London Museum, The Imperial War Museum, The War Cabinet Rooms, the Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Then, too, I will tell you about those royal parks and how and why they became royal - such as Hyde Park, Green Park and St. James's Park.
- You will not want to miss hearing how and when the royal palaces came to be in central London - and there are more of them than you might expect, for example Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace and St. James's Palace.
- And this is apart from royal palaces such as the New Palace of Westminster and The Tower of London, both of which although no longer occupied by the royal family, are nevertheless held in that special category.
- You will also see and hear about historic names and places such as Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly, Grosvenor Square, Belgrave Square, Sloane Street, The King's Road, Oxford Street, Knightsbridge and Hyde Park Corner - as well as the Cities of London & Westminster, as opposed to the Boroughs of Kensington & Chelsea and Camden.
- Then you will also want to know about how our political system works and where the government departments are situated - most famously, The Prime Minister and Chancellor of the Exchequer in Downing Street. Last but not least there are the legal areas to cover such as The Inns of Court, where the barristers, our trial lawyers, have their offices.
- Then too there is the financial district in the heart of the City of London, where The Bank of England, The Royal Exchange, Lloyds and Mansion House all lie. All along you will be shown a multitude of meaningful statues and monuments, the significance of which will be part of your experience.
You know it took 2,000 and more years for London to develop as you see it today and you will only be able to see and understand a fraction of it in a day or two - but rest assured it will be a rather juicy part.
Note: Please inquire with at least 3 weeks before your planned travel dates!!!
Even when there are maximum daily charges they are all-inclusive per car, and not per person. There are no extra charges other than meals and entrance fees, which are not included.
Half Day Tours: (4 hours)
- 4-6 passengers - £400
Day Tours: (8 hours)
- 3 passengers or less - £500
- 4-6 passengers - £550
- 7-8 passengers - £600.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Mar 2007
Welcome! We provide many personalized and tailor-made exciting, satisfying and informative sightseeing possibilities you can enjoy if you take a private tour with us on your visit to London, England, Ireland and France or indeed anywhere in Europe. Let me assist you in proposing a made-to-measure sightseeing package...