Oxford City Guideoffered by supplier M14411 (read about supplier)
Group Size: 1 - 19 people
Season: January - December
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Minimum Cost: 85 Pound Sterling (GBP) Per group
Maximum Cost: 95 Pound Sterling (GBP) Per group
I specialize in organizing tailor-made sightseeing tours for groups or individuals who want to see the best of Oxford and its surrounding areas. I can organize anything from 2 hour walking tours to full day programs depending upon your requirements.
Places of interest:
- Oxford Historical Highlights. Take a walk through the cobbled streets of the old walled city. Visit one of the oldest colleges of the University, Christopher Wren’s Sheldonian Theater, the Bodleian Library, Radcliffe Square and the Radcliffe Camera. Stroll along the High Street and see how Oxford has managed to weave a modern shopping area through buildings, which span over 800 years of history. Finish the tour with a walk through Oxford’s Victorian Covered Market.
- Oxford by Sunset. An evening tour of the city. See the beauty of the “dreaming spires” as they turn pink and golden in the sunset. Includes all the main historical sites, apart from those which close in the evening. (Available April to September only). Finish your tour with a drink at one of Oxford’s oldest pubs, or combine the walking tour with a punting expedition followed by dinner at a riverside restaurant.
- Children’s Literary Tours. A visit of all the key historical sites included in the Past and Present Tour but with an emphasis on those Oxford locations and characters associated with children’s literature – Lewis Carroll and Alice in Wonderland, C.S. Lewis (The Chronicles of Narnia), J.R. R. Tolkien (Lord of the Rings), Philip Pullman (His Dark Materials), Kenneth Grahame (Wind in the Willows). Also visit the Harry Potter filming locations in Oxford and, see if you can spot ‘Hogwarts’ dining hall, library and sick bay!
- An American in Oxford. Oxford has always held close ties with the United States: Many Oxford men were involved with the founding of the New England colonies and the settling of the Eastern seaboard of the USA. This is a city tour that enables American visitors to retrace the steps of some of their founding fathers, with a special emphasis on those Oxford characters and colleges that have played an important role in American history – Christchurch, University College, Green College, Rhodes House, The Bodleian and New Bodleian Libraries.
- Inspector Morse Tours. Colin Dexter’s thirteen books and the television series about the escapades of Inspector Morse and his sidekick , Sergeant Lewis, brought Oxford and Oxfordshire to the attention of the world in a way nothing else had done for many years. Visit Morse’s Oxford, concentrating on the many locations used for the filming of this popular series. See Inspector Morse’s favorite pubs and his old college.
10% discount for InfoHub customer. Request a free gift certificate.
- £85.00 includes price of a walking tour of Oxford. It does not include entrance fees to colleges, the Divinity School or boat trips.
- These prices can be supplied on application.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: May 2006
M14411 is a small company which specialises in tailor-made sightseeing tours of Oxford and the surrounding area. It was established in 2005 by Isobel Lewis. Isobel is a qualified and licensed Green Badge city guide for Oxford and a Blue Badge Guide for the Heart of England region. She has been working in the travel...