CollagraphsPlease, note! This vacation school offer has expired. For similar vacation school offers currently available search here.
Class Size: 1 - 6 people
Category: Art and craft workshop
Specialty: Other, Printmaking
Season: January - December
Courses Per Year: flexible
Course Level: All levels
Min Price: 90 Euro (EUR) per course
Max Price: 90 Euro (EUR) per course
- Characteristics of papers and inks
- Collagraphs with various supports
- Plate making
- Printing with chine collé
- Oil inks and watercolor inks
- Stencils, layering and composition
- Patterns and embossments
- Mika and pigments
- Colour mixing and layers
- Inking and wiping
- Printing by hand and with a press.
- Language: English and Italian.
- Duration: One intensive day.
The courses are run by Colleen Corradi Brannigan, a practising printmaker and artist.
It is an ideal base for further exploration as it is located near castles, forts, churches and abbeys which are well worth a visit.
Set at the foot of the Abruzzi mountains, in Italy, Dedalo Center for Contemporary Art is in Castiglione a Casauria, in the province of Pescara. It is ideally situated in the center of Abruzzo only about one hour from Rome and about 30 minutes from Pescara.
- Pritnmaking center and art center,
- 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, one gallery, one printmaking workshop.
Accommodation (two nights, self catering) single room: Euro 100 - double room Euro 80 per person. Extensions available. Bed and Breakfasts are also available in the area.
Course Fee: Euro 90 - check timetable. All materials are included. Bring an apron.