This course is suitable for beginners and novices. Your instructor and artist Colleen Corradi Brannigan, will cover what you need to know about painting in oil and acrylic through guided exercises which will also stimulate your right side of the brain. Classes take place indoors and outdoors in a stimulating and inspiring environment.
- Drawing, composition and colour theory - the colour wheel
- Colour mixes and colour tones
- Textural effects and brushwork skills
- Discovering one's self through colour - abstract exercises guided by music
- Working from real life and working from photographs
- Perspective: theory and guided exercises
- Introducing oil crayons
- Individual painting projects guided by your tutor
- Exploring the creative uses of oil or acrylic painting
- Group and individual critiques.
- One drawing pad
- Oil canvas or oil board (different sizes)
- Set of artists' quality oil paints
- 3 oil painting brushes, small, medium, large - best quality
- Paper towels
- Cotton rag
- Oil crayons (optional)
- Pencil and putty (kneadable) eraser.
Basic starter kits are available for those without supplies. Please let us know if you need a kit.
- Language: English and Italian.
- Duration: five intensive days from 9 am until 2 pm - this leaves plenty of time for exploring the surrounding area.