Oil Painting in ItalyPlease, note! This vacation school offer has expired. For similar vacation school offers currently available search here.
Class Size: 4 - 10 people
Category: Art and craft workshop
Season: January - December
Courses Per Year: flexible
Course Level: All levels
Min Price: 200 Euro (EUR) per course
Max Price: 200 Euro (EUR) per course
- Drawing, composition and colour theory - the colour wheel
- Colour mixes and colour tones
- Textural effects and brushwork skills
- Discovering one's self through colour - abstract exercises guided by music
- Working from real life and working from photographs
- Perspective: theory and guided exercises
- Introducing oil crayons
- Individual painting projects guided by your tutor
- Exploring the creative uses of oil or acrylic painting
- Group and individual critiques.
- One drawing pad
- Oil canvas or oil board (different sizes)
- Set of artists' quality oil paints
- 3 oil painting brushes, small, medium, large - best quality
- Paper towels
- Cotton rag
- Oil crayons (optional)
- Pencil and putty (kneadable) eraser.
Basic starter kits are available for those without supplies. Please let us know if you need a kit.
- Language: English and Italian.
- Duration: five intensive days from 9 am until 2 pm - this leaves plenty of time for exploring the surrounding area.
The courses are run by Colleen Corradi Brannigan, a practising printmaker and artist.
It is an ideal base for further exploration as it is located near castles, forts, churches and abbeys which are well worth a visit.
Situated in a beautiful village at the foot of the Abruzzi Mountains in Italy, the art center is surrounded by the most beautiful scenery just waiting to be painted.
Accommodation (6 nights, self catering) single room: Euro 300 - double room Euro 220 per person - dates can be extended for those who would like to explore the region. Bed and Breakfasts are also available in the area.
Course Fee: Euro 200 - check timetable. Vouchers can be purchased making great presents.