Accademia Europea di Firenze: Watercolor CoursePlease, note! This vacation school offer has expired. For similar vacation school offers currently available search here.
Class Size: 4 - 12 people
Category: Art and craft workshop
Season: January - December
Courses Per Year: 5
Course Level: All levels
Min Price: 580 Euro (EUR) per course
Max Price: 580 Euro (EUR) per course
After having studied the basic notions of color theory and the techniques of form and content, transparency and opacity through the "language" of figurative painting, the students will begin to paint on paper. A portion of the lessons, can take place outside of the classroom, in order to use the landscapes of the squares, streets, monuments and hillsides of Florence to their fullest. Visits to museums and art exhibits considered useful to course may also be scheduled. Techniques will be taught gradually with a hands-on approach. In each class, students will practice and apply skills to various themes and challenges. The goal of the watercolor course is to improve or perfect the skills they need to pursue this medium independently.
- Introduction: Basic materials, mixing paint, brushwork skills, application of brushwork skills to a painting project.
- Working with color: Color wheel, basic color theory, mixing colors, painting with a limited palette, application of color theory to a painting project.
- Basic techniques: Flat wash, graded wash, wet-in-wet, dry brush, application of basic techniques to a painting project, value scale, value sketch, monochromatic painting.
- Whites and lights: Techniques for saving whites, techniques for regaining lights, techniques for adding lights, application of above theory to a painting project.
- Other essential topics: Composition, positive and negative shapes, creating textures, fixing and changing unwanted results.
The AEF teachers are all highly qualified and active artists in the Florentine art scene. The course also comprises visits to famous sculpture exhibits in Florence.
Aside from regular courses our school offers a rich program of optional language and cultural activities (concerts, seminars, films, visits to museums and farms) as well as extra-curricular and recreational activities (parties, dinners, food and wine tasting, sports, etc.) which are offered every week to ensure the enjoyment and cultural fulfillment of the students.
Our students can choose from among the following types of accommodations:
- Private apartment. This is the best option for those who want to be completely autonomous and free to host friends and family. All apartments are furnished and equipped with kitchen utensils.
- Student apartment. This option allows students to share an apartment with other students (foreign and Italian). Apartments are well equipped and furnished.
- Family-stay. Living with an Italian family is a good way to practice the language and experience the Italian way of life. All families are used to hosting foreign students and willing to share with you their daily routines and traditions.
- Other solutions. It is also possible to reserve accommodations in pensions, hotels, residence or religious institutions.