Accademia Europea di Firenze: Oil Painting CoursePlease, note! This vacation school offer has expired. For similar vacation school offers currently available search here.
Class Size: 4 - 12 people
Category: Art and craft workshop
Season: January - December
Courses Per Year: 5
Course Level: All levels
Min Price: 580 Euro (EUR) per course
Max Price: 580 Euro (EUR) per course
At the AEF you will learn how to use this ancient expressionist technique and learn the techniques that will enable you to affect other people's feelings and perceptions in the way you see fit, this course is designed for aspiring or professional artists looking for new approaches or searching for a deeper knowledge of creative processes involved in artistry. The course is offered to people of all levels.
In the course you will study and develop on the following topics:
- Color. Creating effects of space and light, contrasting colors, whole-field color relations, color mixing, the tonal dimension, analysis of color in nature, induced color, the role of the picture surface and pictorial dynamics.
- Drawing skills. Using the correct tools to achieve your goal, explore the freeing possibilities of drawing whatever you feel like drawing.
- Personal creativity. Searching your desires and allowing yourself to think outside of cultural paradigms and common-sense.
Paintings following the first lessons are done with either oil or acrylic, and the student confronts and solves problems of color, composition, value, intensity, and pictorial dynamics. Group and individual critiques are part of the Oil Painting Lessons. The lessons involve visits to the Florentine Galleries and discussion on each student's perspective of the painting as well as a study of the "means and ends" of creating that specific artwork.
Students are encouraged to paint using a subjective sense of their surroundings in Florence, Italy, tapping in to the heightened sensorial sensitivity and observation of differences as sources of pictorial examination. Desires and senses will exceed intellect. The AEF offers the opportunity to improve your painting abilities through our specialized oil painting lessons in Florence.
All the teachers at the Accademia Europea di Firenze are highly qualified and have a lot of experience.
Aside from regular courses our school offers a rich program of optional language and cultural activities (concerts, seminars, films, visits to museums and farms) as well as extra-curricular and recreational activities (parties, dinners, food and wine tasting, sports, etc.) which are offered every week to ensure the enjoyment and cultural fulfillment of the students.
Our students can choose from among the following types of accommodations:
- Private apartment. This is the best option for those who want to be completely autonomous and free to host friends and family. All apartments are furnished and equipped with kitchen utensils.
- Student apartment. This option allows students to share an apartment with other students (foreign and Italian). Apartments are well equipped and furnished.
- Family-stay. Living with an Italian family is a good way to practice the language and experience the Italian way of life. All families are used to hosting foreign students and willing to share with you their daily routines and traditions.
- Other solutions. It is also possible to reserve accommodations in pensions, hotels, residence or religious institutions.