The Accademia Europea di Firenze is one of the fastest growing schools in Florence, located in the center of the historic part of the city, it is a short walk from many of Italy’s most important sights, as well as, restaurants, shops, pubs, parks, night clubs and other places. The AEF staff will welcome you and take care of any arrangements you may need to make your stay the most enjoyable and comfortable possible.
This is a course for those interested in learning or perfecting the technique of clay modeling. The students will create their sculptures by using both their hands and with the use of simple but irreplaceable tools. Depending on the progress of the course, the students may sculpt a human figure, thereby learning to manage mass and surface balancing rhythm, proportion and movement. Techniques will be taught gradually with a hands-on approach. The AEF sculpture course explores the two main methods of molding clay: adding and subtracting. The teacher will help each student individually according to their level of expertise and what they envision that piece should become. The course also comprises visits to famous sculpture exhibits in Florence.
Students are introduced to a variety of technical approaches which include:
- Studio use and materials
- Modeling with clay
- Plaster mold making
- Flexible mold making
- Wood and stone carving
- Fabrication of all materials
- Bronze casting (based on demand)
- Critique of work in progress.
The teachers at the AEF are all highly qualified, not only as accomplished artists but great teachers as well, constantly updated in the latest teaching techniques.
Aside from regular courses our school offers a rich program of optional language and cultural activities (concerts, seminars, films, visits to museums and farms) as well as extra-curricular and recreational activities (parties, dinners, food and wine tasting, sports, etc.) which are offered every week to ensure the enjoyment and cultural fulfillment of the students.
Our students can choose from among the following types of accommodations:
- Private apartment. This is the best option for those who want to be completely autonomous and free to host friends and family. All apartments are furnished and equipped with kitchen utensils.
- Student apartment. This option allows students to share an apartment with other students (foreign and Italian). Apartments are well equipped and furnished.
- Family-stay. Living with an Italian family is a good way to practice the language and experience the Italian way of life. All families are used to hosting foreign students and willing to share with you their daily routines and traditions.
- Other solutions. It is also possible to reserve accommodations in pensions, hotels, residence or religious institutions.
Also see Vacation Schools in:
Art and craft workshop