Painting from Nature: Visual Reality and Inner Experienceoffered by supplier M19855 (read about supplier)
Class Size: 3 - 8 people
Category: Art and craft workshop
Specialty: Drawing, Painting
Courses Per Year: 1
Course Level: All levels
Min Price: 750 Pound Sterling (GBP) per person
Max Price: 950 Pound Sterling (GBP) per person
During the week we will go into the mountains and work together on a drawing project. I will teach you complimentary mixing and other color related techniques.
- Short introduction and tour of area and facilities
- Drawing project - given subject
- Brief discussion of issues arising
- Play with paint and color.
- Draw with colour. Subjects chosen by individuals
- Demonstration of complimentary mixing
- Visit Picasso Museum - students to choose one painting and make a study.
- Free transcription or painting something in the spirit of the Picasso
- Visit Matisse Museum.
- Individuals to decide how they will work - with advice and help
- Develop individual project.
- Develop individual project
- 4:00 pm, look at work and discuss.
- All necessary equipment and materials are provided by the workshop
- The house is non-smoking as is the external dining area. Smoking in the gardens is in principle acceptable as long as it doesn’t disturb other participants.
Ray Atkins will be your teacher during this course. He is a painter with a passion for working directly from the things he sees. This contact with the outside world is essential to his creative process. He has painted all his life and frequently exhibited including at the Whitechapel, Hayward and Serpertine galleries in London and more recently in France and Germany. He was trained at the Slade School in London and has taught at Reading University, Falmouth College of Arts, in adult education and at summer schools.
During the course of the week these workshops will incorporate visits to some local galleries e.g. Matisse, Chagall, Picasso, Leger, Fondation Maeght, Nice Museum of Modern Art.
Guest accommodation is in our beautiful modern villa set in a wooded valley 10-15 minutes walk from the medieval village of Biot, with fresh cooked Mediterranean food provided. Our guest bedrooms are all doubles or twins with en suite or adjacent shower or bathrooms and toilets, and they all have direct access either to the garden or the first floor terrace. Each room is individually decorated.
There is a large double height living room on the ground floor of the villa. We hold the art workshops and yoga classes either here, or weather permitting (which it generally does), outside in the gardens.
There is a library with a range of literature and also a specific art section which focuses on local artists and art techniques. The gardens and pool are always available for your use and relaxation and we also have a trampoline and table tennis table.
- £ 850 per person in their own room
- £ 1500€ for 2 participants sharing a room.
- Lunch when on site or picnic when required
- Evening meals for 4 of the 6 days
- The instructors
- Transport associated with the courses and airport/rail station transfers
- All equipment and materials.
- Flights or rail fares to and from Nice
- Restaurant meals and gallery entrance
- Travel outside the core art workshop or mountain activity programs
- Daily yoga classes (£100 supplement).
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Nov 2009
We provide two types of holidays, both benefiting from the spectacular location. Our art holidays combine creativity, inspiration and relaxation. Our mountain activity holidays provide excitement and exhilaration in a safe but challenging environment. Our holidays are suited to adults of all ages and abilities. The...