RYA First Aid Courseoffered by supplier M17481 (read about supplier)
Class Size: 3 - 10 people
Category: Sport Camps
Season: January - December
Courses Per Year: 10
Course Level: Beginner
Min Price: 160 Euro (EUR) per person
Max Price: 400 Euro (EUR) per person
An RYA First Aid Course covers all important aspects of first aid but also details the Hi-Line Technique, VHF and Mayday procedures and minor changes pertaining to first aid on board.
The certificate is valid of three years and may be used as part of your commercial endorsement. In the case of commercial endorsement, students will also cover the Category C Medical Stores for vessels coded up to Category 2.
Our RYA course is delivered by a fully qualified RYA First Aid instructor.
- Assessment, immediate actions and the priorities within first aid.
- Unconsciousness and the recovery position
- CPR, including an awareness of AEDs *
- Breathing difficulties.
- Failure of the circulation: shock
- Blood loss and the control of bleeding
- Recognition of internal bleeding
- Angina and heart attack.
- Levels of response and the AVPU scale.
- Head injury: concussion and compression.
- Immersion hypothermia and cold shock
- Burns, including sunburn.
- Exposure hypothermia/hyperthermia
- Seasickness and dehydration
- Diabetic emergency.
- Fractures, including spinal injuries
- First aid kits
- Advice or assistance by radio
- Medivac…..the evacuation of a casualty by helicopter.
- For the skippers of MCA coded boats:
- The contents and use of the category C first aid kit, including the pocket mask.
Or Subject of special interest to the group: Weils disease, blue/green algae, child CPR, marine stings, fish hooks, etc.
The course is held at our M17481 premises. Our RYA course is delivered by a fully qualified RYA First Aid instructor.
Click here to email this vacation offer to a friend.
Joined InfoHub: Dec 2007
We are a company specialising in delivering RYA tuition and the provision of yacht charters in Malta. We deliver a range of internationally recognised RYA courses for both sail and power. So whether you're looking at a full-time job in the maritime sector or if it's just pleasure, we will guide and prepare...